Concourse 14 / GTR1400
  HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CONCOURS14.com > Thread: Anyone installed a 4-2-1 on their Connie yet? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
ninjawarrior12


Novice Class
Posts: 39
posted February 04, 2009 04:26 AM        
Anyone installed a 4-2-1 on their Connie yet?

Am strongly considering putting a Muzzy or Two Brothers 4-2-1 Header and pipe on my Concourse rather than dual exhausts...to save costs and weight...

Has anyone done this?

No one currently makes a 4-2-1 exhaust system for the Concourse, but I think the standard ZX-14 4-2-1 should work because it is the same motor head, and similar routing location for the midpipe and exhaust muffler...

Any ideas or comments or suggestions...

thanks,

Ninjawarrior
____________
Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!

  Ignore this member   
oncourse


Expert Class
I hate flies!!!
Posts: 467
posted February 04, 2009 03:20 PM        Edited By: oncourse on 4 Feb 2009 23:21
I guess you missed the area p thread. I asked them to make a whole system for the connie and they are going to do it. Read their thread...

Reguards,
Rob
____________
True intellegence is not measured by your degrees.

04 klr 250 Lots of mods and 70 MPG!!
08 Connie 2 bros. Carbon. Helibars. Flies out, PC3!!!
2003 kx 500 SOLD
2004 KX 500 In service now, whata BEAST!

  Ignore this member   
The Pope


Novice Class
Posts: 44
posted February 05, 2009 03:53 AM        
quote:
but I think the standard ZX-14 4-2-1 should work because it is the same motor head, and similar routing location for the midpipe and exhaust muffler...


The ZX-14 header will work and if memory serves me correct, one from a 2k7 will not have the CATs in it.
____________
The Pope
COG's NCAAD

  Ignore this member   
ninjawarrior12


Novice Class
Posts: 39
posted February 05, 2009 03:33 PM        
Bob, I looked at the threat....yes maybe Kerry will develop one..I hope soon....Ninjawarrior
____________
Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!

  Ignore this member   
oncourse


Expert Class
I hate flies!!!
Posts: 467
posted February 05, 2009 04:29 PM        
Well, it is sceduled into R&D, what comes of it we will just have to wait and see. If it works out it will be specifically tailored to the c-14. As Kerry pointed out in the thread, they (the zx-14 and c-14) are in 2 different states of tune. Just because you could slap a zx-14 header on it doesn't mean you will get what the c-14 has to offer. There are other issues like sidebag clearance etc.. I do hope it comes to be reality, I have dibs on the first one Lol!!

Another thing, I got 2 pm's I cannot get, some error saying I am over the M/byte limit... No clue...

Reguards,
Rob
____________
True intellegence is not measured by your degrees.

04 klr 250 Lots of mods and 70 MPG!!
08 Connie 2 bros. Carbon. Helibars. Flies out, PC3!!!
2003 kx 500 SOLD
2004 KX 500 In service now, whata BEAST!

  Ignore this member   
ninjawarrior12


Novice Class
Posts: 39
posted February 05, 2009 07:36 PM        
I got the same thing over the limit..contacted site administrator a few hours ago....he said they are working on it....so it is not our internal problem...hope it clears up soon..

I am on the verge of getting a ZX-14 header and blocking the left exhaust port by welding a plate over it and just using the right side exhaust to tie into my now existing AreaP midpipe and muffler....

I would hate to do this project twice, but would like to know when this new unit will be developed and released to us...any insight??
____________
Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!

  Ignore this member   
oncourse


Expert Class
I hate flies!!!
Posts: 467
posted February 06, 2009 03:17 AM        
You could Pm K. Bryant or call area p??

Rob
Ps: thanks for the update on the Pm thing
____________
True intellegence is not measured by your degrees.

04 klr 250 Lots of mods and 70 MPG!!
08 Connie 2 bros. Carbon. Helibars. Flies out, PC3!!!
2003 kx 500 SOLD
2004 KX 500 In service now, whata BEAST!

  Ignore this member   
K Bryant


Needs a job
Sponsor
Posts: 2911
posted February 06, 2009 03:35 PM        
Project is committed. Bike scheduled into R&D phase on Feb. 11th. Will have preliminary data by the 20th. Have to fit the Indy Show in between there (13 - 16). Stay tuned.
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit K Bryant's homepage. 
worm~hole


Needs a life
Miles to go before I sleep....
Posts: 10623
posted February 06, 2009 09:01 PM        

____________
“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men
stand ready in the night to visit violence on those
who would do us harm.”

-George Orwell

  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CONCOURS14.com > Thread: Anyone installed a 4-2-1 on their Connie yet? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed


Copyright 2000-2026 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.27624678611755 seconds processing time