HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > DRAGBIKE ZONE.com > Thread: i am done with schnitz NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
2000redrocket


Pro
Posts: 1662
posted May 25, 2011 01:35 PM        
i am done with schnitz

every dam time i get something from them thinking stupidly that it will be here
before the end of the week i get dissapointed.
once again i ordered something that i could of got in 3 to 4 days from the kawasaki
dealer and it took two weeks.
i now know everytime i order something i get that phone call the next day saying they expect it by so and so and i will get it as soon as they get it and ship it.
oh and it cost 10 dollars more cause of shipping.
basturds

  Ignore this member   
tshultz


Zone Head
Posts: 556
posted May 25, 2011 07:19 PM        
if you want i can take the part you need off my bike.
  Ignore this member   
entropy


Moderator
Posts: 8671
posted May 25, 2011 07:49 PM        
personally, i've had great results from schnitz.

but, I always call em rather than order online to assure they have it in stock.
____________
This moderator uses moderation in moderation

  Ignore this member   
Ozonkiller


Expert Class
Posts: 350
posted May 25, 2011 09:04 PM        
quote:
every dam time i get something from them thinking stupidly that it will be here
before the end of the week i get dissapointed.
once again i ordered something that i could of got in 3 to 4 days from the kawasaki
dealer and it took two weeks.
i now know everytime i order something i get that phone call the next day saying they expect it by so and so and i will get it as soon as they get it and ship it.
oh and it cost 10 dollars more cause of shipping.
basturds


Ditto

I gave them a couple of chances... No more

Tom

  Ignore this member   
entropy


Moderator
Posts: 8671
posted May 25, 2011 09:47 PM        
you just gotta understand that Schnitz doesn't carry everything they show online in stock.

call em up and they will tell you if it's gonna ship from stock or it has to come from a sub.

I always go to schnitz or summit 1st, then go directly to the mfg if S or S doesn't have it.

Karl "next day air" Gunter
____________
This moderator uses moderation in moderation

  Ignore this member   
2000redrocket


Pro
Posts: 1662
posted May 26, 2011 01:50 AM        
i use summit a lot for my duster. and i agree it seems schnitz is just the middleman.
  Ignore this member   
Shane661


Needs a life
Posts: 11494
posted May 26, 2011 02:43 AM        
I have ordered a whole lot of stuff through Schnitz. I just ask them on the phone to verify stock; if the # shown in stock is very low I ask them to physically verify it.

Honestly, I think they are one of the best vendors out there. They can get so much stuff that it really simplifies things when you need to order parts for more than one machine. You may not have noticed, but usually on a big item like an exhaust they will just have it drop shipped from the vendor.

And Karl, I don't even want to think about how much money I have spent on expedited shipping!


  Ignore this member   
CrotchRocket


Moderator
Bracket Racing with Betsy
Posts: 8038
posted May 26, 2011 12:15 PM        
Sometimes you cant always get what you want over night...

Sorry to hear about that redrocket, but I too always call & ask if item I need is instock if not then I say thanks anyway & try to locate the item...
____________
Jason Miller StreetBike Seminars

*****DragRacers do it better, because they dont cut Corners*****

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit CrotchRocket's homepage. 
osti33


Needs a job
Posts: 2973
posted May 26, 2011 12:35 PM        
quote:
personally, i've had great results from schnitz.

but, I always call em rather than order online to assure they have it in stock.


Karl, as usual you are on top of it.

I just call them verify they have said item(s) in stock. If not I say thanks anyway and move on.

Schnitz is one of the best aftermarket shops around. They have always done great by me.

  Ignore this member   
Y2KZX12R


Needs a job
CompetitionCNC.com
Posts: 3762
posted May 27, 2011 04:07 AM        
I also buy quite a bit from Schnitz and love there service. I usually try to plan ahead and order stuff before I need it yesterday. Doesn't always happen but....

Osti is right thou, they drop ship stuff quite often right from the vender so the shipping time doesn't really matter, its about the same. If they don't have something in stock you can ask for a drop ship.

With this economy its hard to keep large inventories in stock of thousands of parts like they have. Even the automotive giants have gone to JIT parts deliveries from vendors.
____________
Y2KZX12R
CompetitionCNC.com

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit Y2KZX12R's homepage. 
2000redrocket


Pro
Posts: 1662
posted May 27, 2011 05:20 AM        
yes jim we are not holding as much at work either. i under stand it all cause we get taxed on what we have in invitory. but now we have a machine down the wrest of the day and till 10 am the next day and pay the killer overnight fee to not have it already in stock.
to me it is cheeper to have it (on something that we know should be on hand) for down time than the taxes if we do not have it. hell some machines are 60$ a min down time to 200$ a min down time.
i will wait for a week day and call them next time.

  Ignore this member   
Ozonkiller


Expert Class
Posts: 350
posted June 03, 2011 11:25 PM        
I guess in both of my cases, they acknowledged that they didn't have them in stock, but "they would ship by the end of the week". 10 days later... still not shipped.

Mean while I've called the manufacturer, who's got a ton of 'em??

Don't advertise a product, on a super whammy sale, if you can't deliver and most importantly, don't tell me what you think I want to hear.

I don't think that's to much to ask.

  Ignore this member   
Shane661


Needs a life
Posts: 11494
posted June 04, 2011 03:03 AM        Edited By: Shane661 on 4 Jun 2011 11:16
quote:
I guess in both of my cases, they acknowledged that they didn't have them in stock, but "they would ship by the end of the week". 10 days later... still not shipped.

Mean while I've called the manufacturer, who's got a ton of 'em??

Don't advertise a product, on a super whammy sale, if you can't deliver and most importantly, don't tell me what you think I want to hear.

I don't think that's to much to ask.


Really, in this case...you don't know the specifics of what is going on with the manufacturer, the Schnitz order, etc...you are making an assumption that they "told you what you want to hear". Hell, the manufacturer could have dropped the ball shipping to Schnitz.

Of course, it is unfortunate that you had the experience you did. I personally have ordered from them too many times to count. One time they weren't able to ship a chain of the length I needed (the spool was lower than they thought). But they made good by shipping the item to my hotel near the track, with expedited shipping.

If the product is not in stock you are already at the mercy of fate. I recently ordered some lowering blocks from them and they were back in stock sooner than they estimated. Go figure.

Shane

  Ignore this member   
2000redrocket


Pro
Posts: 1662
posted June 04, 2011 06:01 AM        
i know for my self i will never get a kawasaki part from them anymore. i live real close to one and they are cheeper. (or they pity me) lol
shane i got my new shinko hookup. the old one from lastyear is still going.

  Ignore this member   
Paul2281


Expert Class
Posts: 147
posted June 04, 2011 01:02 PM        
I just put a Hook up on my bike....What a difference....Have you noticed that it gets really hot if you ride on the street with it??? 10 or 20 miles, my rim,tire,swingarm get really hot.....I just took all the Co2 I had in the tire and replaced it with Nitrogen.....Co2 is what I have as an air tank at the track....
  Ignore this member   
2000redrocket


Pro
Posts: 1662
posted June 04, 2011 03:42 PM        
i use to try and not street ride it much. if i did i have 45 psi in it. i rode it for some distance this month and had 45psi in it also for some dyno shootouts i try and win. both trips were
80mi round trips and it was good and warm but not hot. it was not at 75mph highway driving either.
it has about 1/4 tread left so maybe the heat cycles from the last year made it less soft?????

  Ignore this member   
MadMike


Moderator
FEAR THE BLACK FLAG!!!!!!!!
Posts: 6579
posted June 06, 2011 06:34 PM        
Man that is to bad, I also have used them for years and don't remember really ever having any issues and i was a dealer for them for a few years. I did/do always call

____________
200-MPH CLUB MEMBER!

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit MadMike's homepage. 
2000redrocket


Pro
Posts: 1662
posted June 06, 2011 07:07 PM        
that part is my bad on the not calling, but if i am going to call i will call the dealer who takes care of me and be done with it. they should have what is in stock and what is not when you order it. hell newegg says how many is in stock and i bet they sell a ass load more stuff shipped a month.
  Ignore this member   
TRNorBRN6001


Needs a job
Posts: 2021
posted June 07, 2011 07:31 AM        
I use Shcnitz a lot as well, like everyone says. Always call and make double sure they have it in stock if you need it asap. Like everyone said the economy sucks......so, they really don't have much on the shelves these days. Watch out for shcnitz electronics, I have purchased one bad 24 volt system, one injector harness for kill shifter with a bad connector in the plug, and 2 EFIR thingys that don't last long...................so you just get screwed with electronic stuff if it's not right and you take a little time to put it on. You would think they would have a large stock of Busa head gaskets and clutch gaskets, but they usually don't, LOL.
____________
TFA 200MPH CLUB MEMBER!

  Ignore this member   
Shane661


Needs a life
Posts: 11494
posted June 07, 2011 07:53 AM        
Bump for free advertising for Schnitz!


  Ignore this member   
2000redrocket


Pro
Posts: 1662
posted June 07, 2011 01:11 PM        
basturd .....
  Ignore this member   
entropy


Moderator
Posts: 8671
posted June 08, 2011 04:12 AM        
i ordered 2 new style kill switch lanyards night before last (online)

First thing in the morning that nice lady from Schnitz called me and said it was gonna take an extra 2 days, "is that all right?"

Since i'm not in a rush, it is fine.
I am still a Schnitz fan.

another bump for Schnitz
____________
This moderator uses moderation in moderation

  Ignore this member   
ZRXDean


Needs a job
Posts: 2225
posted June 08, 2011 06:21 AM        
What I like is that their phones are answered until 8pm ET. And that Ry is a wicked badass.
  Ignore this member   
2000redrocket


Pro
Posts: 1662
posted June 08, 2011 02:52 PM        
ent i just got a new lanyard from them. it is nice. i have the FBG.
  Ignore this member   
VincentHill


Needs a life
Posts: 6520
posted June 10, 2011 12:11 PM        
One thing to consider Nowadays, that times are tighter and so everyone is carrying LESS Inventory. I have not had any problems with them either and I am not easy to deal with so that should say something!
____________
Made History @ Daytona and still one fast old man!!

  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > DRAGBIKE ZONE.com > Thread: i am done with schnitz NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed


Copyright 2000-2026 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.2436740398407 seconds processing time