HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: first time watching a race NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
aliveagain


Needs a life
Posts: 5033
posted August 17, 2003 05:56 PM        
first time watching a race

Last Wednesday was the first time I went to a dragway.I just wanted to check out what was involved to race.Went to Lebanon valley dragway and it was fun.The fastest thing were two snowmobiles running mid 9's and then a gsxr1000 that went 9.90.Most other bikes were in the 10's and 11's so it wasn't as intimidating as some of the times you guys talk about.I want to try it but am worried about the clutch basket going.I have to travel 2 hours each way and thats a hell of a time to break.I just don't have the money to throw at the wish list.Will the basket hold up for a stock bike on launches?I laugh to myself because,when I finally try it,I'll be pissing so many times before hand from being nervous.
____________
I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me.

  Ignore this member   
necro


Needs a job
My Grandma Is A Virgin
Posts: 2148
posted August 17, 2003 08:03 PM        
I've taken my stock everything to the strip and didn't have any problems.
____________
3829

  Ignore this member   
MadMike


Moderator
FEAR THE BLACK FLAG!!!!!!!!
Posts: 6579
posted August 18, 2003 04:42 AM        
go and have fun just clutch shift it and it wont be at hard on the basket. if you blip the throttle and speedshift it, it is much harder on it, go and have fun!!
Mad Mike
____________
200-MPH CLUB MEMBER!

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit MadMike's homepage. 
jonwright


Needs a job
Posts: 2416
posted August 18, 2003 06:43 AM        
Drag racing snowmobiles? On pavement I'm assuming??? How the hell do ya do that?? Being a Dixie bitch I've only seen snowmobiles on TV....
  Ignore this member   
wannabe


Pro
Posts: 1931
posted August 18, 2003 09:33 AM        
It sucks bracket racing against freakin snowmobiles. They don't have to shift gears so they're damn consistent. I wish that they would put them in their own category instead of with bikes. They almost always run their number, so the only way to take them is to holeshot them off the line.
  Ignore this member   
aliveagain


Needs a life
Posts: 5033
posted August 18, 2003 06:41 PM        
the snowmobiles have wheels on their runners,almost like inline skates.Was told they run real straight once lined up.I don't understand how they don't need full leathers and run 9's,but bikes do in the 10's.Will give it a shot.
____________
I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me.

  Ignore this member   
MadMike


Moderator
FEAR THE BLACK FLAG!!!!!!!!
Posts: 6579
posted August 18, 2003 07:04 PM        
I believe it has something to do with the MPH. or the track really dosent give a crap. I know in NHRA, IHRA, AMA Prostar, all have 9.99 or 120mph.
Mad Mike
Oh I have raced quite a few sleds in the past. i think it is kind of like cheating in the street bike classes but in the pro bike it is ok because most of them can have auto shifters anyway.

____________
200-MPH CLUB MEMBER!

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit MadMike's homepage. 
wannabe


Pro
Posts: 1931
posted August 18, 2003 07:54 PM        
Mike, my TFA brother, there are no auto shifters allowed in the NHRA. That's why I bitch about the sleds.
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: first time watching a race NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed


Copyright 2000-2026 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.37574100494385 seconds processing time