HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: let's find a buyer to zhooligan's bike NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
necro


Needs a job
My Grandma Is A Virgin
Posts: 2148
posted July 29, 2003 09:41 PM        Edited By: necro on 29 Jul 2003 22:48
Let's Find A Buyer To ZHooligan's Bike

I was going to buy it. I applied for a loan and got approved, but after sleeping on it, I figured I can't afford it.
If it doesn't sell, I might still get it. It'a all a function of timing.

I wanted to buy it to save it. I wasn't planning on riding much.

Not too many people will appreciate the bike for what it is. Not too many people know the hours and hard work that went into it.
____________
3829

  Ignore this member   
necro


Needs a job
My Grandma Is A Virgin
Posts: 2148
posted July 29, 2003 10:00 PM        
He also had a lot, I mean a lot, of Snap-On tools that this family want to sell.
____________
3829

  Ignore this member   
12RPilot


Pro
Posts: 1094
posted July 30, 2003 04:52 AM        
I can't afford it, but it would be nice to see a board member buy it. Kinda keeping it in the family.
____________
If you aren't an AMA member, you're part of the problem.
NESBA #209

http://www.bikepics.com/members/12rpilot/04zx10r/

  Ignore this member    Click here to send 12RPilot an ICQ message. Click here to add 1781480 to your ICQ list. 
Hells Dark Lord


Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
Posts: 7981
posted July 30, 2003 04:59 AM        
I dont know anything about Dons bike, anyone got some details on it?
____________
When in doubt, lean farther and go faster....

  Ignore this member   
princesskiwi


Administrator
MISTRESS of SMACK
Posts: 7688
posted July 30, 2003 05:54 AM        
It's the nicest 12 I've ever seen.
  Ignore this member   
GOZR


Zone Head
GOZR
Posts: 716
posted July 30, 2003 06:28 AM        
I know it's a great bike.. wish i could..!
____________
-G

  Ignore this member   
Megabyte


Pro
Posts: 1047
posted July 30, 2003 06:48 AM        Edited By: Megabyte on 30 Jul 2003 07:50
265 HP MVR Built 1361(Builder of the fastest 12s on the west coast) w/Carillo Rods, Blue printed, Balanced, Bored, and stroked. YOSH EMS system (dual maps w/ NOS control), Ti-force pipe, Stacks (Muzzy I think). Lots of Carbon Fiber, replaced just about every nut and bolt w/light weight titanium ones. Marchesini Mags. Scotts Steering Damper.IMHO, the best feature is that it's an MVR built 1361. Here's Don's own list:

2000 ZX12R The faster Green color!

1. FSD undertail
2. Carbon Fiber Hugger, ram air covers, snorkel and ash tray all by Hans.
3. Carbon Fiber fuel tank
4. Gilles Rearsets
5. Marchesini Magnesium Wheels
6. Sprocket specialties (520) 17/47 sprockets with a DID chain
7. TiForce full Ti exhaust system
8. Muzzy Aluminium fan
9. Muzzy Clutch (billet basket and hub)
10. Muzzy 1361 kit, installed by MVR
11. Ported and polished flowed heads by MVR
12. Super teched engine (in other words all of the moving parts in the engines have been stress releived, polished, under cut etc. The engine has been balanced, blue printed etc.
13. Counter balancer removed
14. Muzzy adjustable cam sprockets
15. Yosh EMS with hub and 3 position map switch for NOS and non NOS runs. (Power Commander IIIr on the shelf) mapped by Performance Dyno)
16. Integrater for tail and turn signal lights
17. Flush mount front turn signals
18. Zero Gravity Double bubble
19. Yellow box installed and calibrated
20. Ohlins rear shock
21. Race Tech re-valved and re-sprung front forks
22. Corbin seat
23. Intuitive bar ends
24. Brembo Master cyclinder and front brake calipers
25. Galfer Waver rotors (front & rear)
26. Stainless steel braid brake lines front and rear
27. Carbon fiber front fender
28. K&N Air filters
29. Muzzy High flow fuel pump
30. Ti exhaust hanger
31. Scott Steering damper
32. Ti bolts have been installed all over the bike. i.e. rotor bolts, engine covers, oil plug, tripple clamp bolts, etc. (8.5 pounds of bolts changed out to Ti)
33. Dino Mirrors (ZX7 mirrors on the shelf)
34. Installed the latestest bad boy head light bulbs (90/150 equiv.) from PIA, including a matching bulb in the running light!
35. Muzzy Stacks (Bear Stacks on the shelf)
36. Schnitz Racing adjustable Aluminium Kick Stand
37. Removed one of the horns (weight savings!).
38. Crankcase ventilation mod
39. Kawasaki Emblems removed from the tank
40. Kill switch for drag racing
41. Muzzy (large) swingarm spools
42. Dry shot NOS system installed with a 2.5lb. bottle
43. Yosh Shift light

By 12 weighs 69.5 lbs. less than stock. Puts out 209.2 SAE HP and 256 SAE HP on the juice.

quote:
I dont know anything about Dons bike, anyone got some details on it?

____________
We First make our habits and then our habits make us.

  Ignore this member   
Otis


Needs a job
Captain Kickstand
Posts: 3028
posted July 30, 2003 07:11 AM        
How much?
  Ignore this member   
swft


Needs a life
Full throttle!
Posts: One MEEEEEELLION
posted July 30, 2003 07:17 AM        
Ya gotta make an offer.
____________
82 Gpz750, 84 Ninja 900, 2000 ZX12R (Muzzy Big Bore Kit), *another* 2000 ZX12R (Muzzy custom stroke crank 1341cc motor), 2004 ZZR1200, 2005 ZX10R, 2007 ZX14, 2008 Concours 14, 2014 Versys 650, 2014 Yamaha WR450F, 2015 Ninja H2


  Ignore this member   
Ninjaman12R


Needs a job
as a Deal's Gap tour guide.
Posts: 4767
posted July 30, 2003 07:30 AM        
Whew..............

Man that bike has A LOT of mods. Tons of $$$$$ were thrown at it for sure. If I were in the market for another 12 I'd seriously have to look into this bike. Unfortunately my next bike will be of the 1000cc variety.
____________

What we're dealin' with here is a complete lack of respect for the law.

Sheriff Buford T. Justice of TEXAS

  Ignore this member   
Hells Dark Lord


Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
Posts: 7981
posted July 30, 2003 12:06 PM        
dam....that is one serious bike.....wish I had the kind of money that bike is gonna run.....man....
____________
When in doubt, lean farther and go faster....

  Ignore this member   
worm~hole


Needs a life
Miles to go before I sleep....
Posts: 10623
posted July 30, 2003 01:30 PM        
...if I could, I'd buy it and not ride it...put it on display somewhere in the house on a lighted turning platform...sit back, drink beer, and just admire it...better than watching some TV show...ok, I'd ride it once in a great while...like when the bikeland gang gets together, but other than that, it'd be motorcycle art to me...Zhooligan ZX-12R-style
____________
“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men
stand ready in the night to visit violence on those
who would do us harm.”

-George Orwell

  Ignore this member   
necro


Needs a job
My Grandma Is A Virgin
Posts: 2148
posted July 30, 2003 01:44 PM        
quote:
...if I could, I'd buy it and not ride it...put it on display somewhere in the house on a lighted turning platform...sit back, drink beer, and just admire it...better than watching some TV show...ok, I'd ride it once in a great while...like when the bikeland gang gets together, but other than that, it'd be motorcycle art to me...Zhooligan ZX-12R-style


That's what I was basically planning on doing
____________
3829

  Ignore this member   
Rubber Pants


Zone Head
Posts: 798
posted July 30, 2003 05:28 PM        
How many miles and or how much wear & tear etc? Any idea what it would cost to replace? Thanks

RIP Zhoo!
____________
"Ya Gotta Have Big Ones!"

speeddemons.com

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit Rubber Pants's homepage. 
aliveagain


Needs a life
Posts: 5033
posted July 30, 2003 05:48 PM        
Fuck putting it on a platform,ride the bitch,thats what it was built for.You can't continue ZHooligan's life but you can continue his ride.
____________
I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me.

  Ignore this member   
worm~hole


Needs a life
Miles to go before I sleep....
Posts: 10623
posted July 31, 2003 03:45 AM        
...no I can't continue his life or his ride, but I can certainly admire his handi-work and efforts my way, right?...besides, I already have a 12R to ride
____________
“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men
stand ready in the night to visit violence on those
who would do us harm.”

-George Orwell

  Ignore this member   
EastBayDave


Needs a job
Posts: 2245
posted July 31, 2003 05:39 AM        
Make a nice race/track bike w/all those mods...especially the engine...

Someone needs to race it!
____________
Enjoy the ride!
02' ZRX1200
00' ZX12R sold

  Ignore this member   
redelk


Moderator
Please... speak to the hand.
Posts: 3212
posted July 31, 2003 05:42 AM        
For someone who had the quantity of Snap On tools that would likely rival anyone else here, I would find it both a honor and a joy to use any portion of those tools.

The sad part is that their value (especially "resale") is easily much greater then the retail value of his bike AND all it's mods and accessories. I'm sure for practical reasons, his tools will likely be sold as a "package". I assure you, if I had even a fraction of what they were worth, I would beg, borrow, AND steal the rest... then I'd drive the 2400 mile (one way) trip to get them. I could also PROMISE that they WOULD BE USED! DAILY!

Ah, but I don't even have that "fraction", so I'm just dreamin' anyway. I'm sure that you'll find a good home for both his bike and his tools. I do hope that someone here on this forum will be able enjoy them both, just like Z did.
____________
There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.
-Ernest Hemingway

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit redelk's homepage. 
jonwright


Needs a job
Posts: 2416
posted July 31, 2003 06:24 AM        
Z's bike is definately trick and a really nice ride for sure. Wish I could afford it.

.......maybe I could just sell my house and live in a van down by the river so I can afford all the toys I want.

  Ignore this member   
Quick Chic


Parking Attendant
Posts: 12
posted July 31, 2003 10:09 AM        
ANYONE KNOW WHO i NEED TO EMAIL TO MAKE AN OFFER?

PLease email karme.cannon@trippak.com



  Ignore this member    Click here to visit Quick Chic's homepage. 
necro


Needs a job
My Grandma Is A Virgin
Posts: 2148
posted July 31, 2003 10:18 AM        
quote:
ANYONE KNOW WHO i NEED TO EMAIL TO MAKE AN OFFER?

PLease email karme.cannon@trippak.com





You could e-mail me or swft.
My e-mail is talhah@genieind.com
____________
3829

  Ignore this member   
necro


Needs a job
My Grandma Is A Virgin
Posts: 2148
posted July 31, 2003 10:19 AM        
quote:
Fuck putting it on a platform,ride the bitch,thats what it was built for.You can't continue ZHooligan's life but you can continue his ride.


That's what his wife basically said.
____________
3829

  Ignore this member   
Rubber Pants


Zone Head
Posts: 798
posted July 31, 2003 02:44 PM        
Can someone post some detailed pics? Love to see this beast in detail!!

RIP ZHOO
____________
"Ya Gotta Have Big Ones!"

speeddemons.com

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit Rubber Pants's homepage. 
necro


Needs a job
My Grandma Is A Virgin
Posts: 2148
posted July 31, 2003 09:30 PM        
We'll have better details over the weekend.
  Ignore this member   
JoshDunn


Expert Class
Posts: 373
posted August 16, 2003 04:44 PM        
Back to the top, Any details on this(bike,tools,etc.), like Are they going to have a sale, I hate to say this but a death in the family from my experience usually brings everyone together alot closer, it would be cool to gather together(12 zone family) in his name and try to be there with the family. Sorry if I am out of the loop right now.That would be cool to keep the bike around.
____________
Yosh Tri-Oval, PCIIIUSB Tuned by Nels

  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: let\'s find a buyer to zhooligan\'s bike NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed


Copyright 2000-2026 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.22876405715942 seconds processing time