HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: It was only a power outage for Christ's sake! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Otis


Needs a job
Captain Kickstand
Posts: 3028
posted August 18, 2003 03:19 AM        
It was only a power outage for Christ's sake!

Man one thing I can say about American's is that they fucking make a big fucking deal about such rediculous things. I mean please it's not like a nuclear bomb was dropped or anything. So people can't wath the latest episode of their favorite stupid fucking reality show and they freak fucking out. It's sad really, people are so used to having everything they go with power for a day or two and all hell breaks loose. Fist fights in fuel lines, mob's at Meijers, fist fights at Home Depot over generators. People panicking cause they swear it's terrorism. ONe thing is for sure, this was an eye opener for me. I'm convinced that people are so fucking soft nowadays they literally can't take care fo themselves. My power was out for all of 24 hours, wupdyfuckingdo I bought some ice and packed my perishables, bought a case of bottled water and just hung out with my wife and daughter. On Friday about 7 neighbors and us had a barbecue out in the street and I drank Margaritas til nice and buzzed. No big deal. I'll tell you what if the shit ever really hit the fan most would just lay down and die. FUCKING BABIES!!!
____________
It's a free country brother

  Ignore this member   
Dino


Pro
Posts: 1422
posted August 18, 2003 06:30 AM        
Right on Otis !!
____________
uh oh

  Ignore this member   
jonwright


Needs a job
Posts: 2416
posted August 18, 2003 06:41 AM        
A little miffed this morning?

Try hearing my 'country boy' friends that live on 400+ acres laugh about city slickers and how they don't know how to take care of themselves.

  Ignore this member   
necro


Needs a job
My Grandma Is A Virgin
Posts: 2148
posted August 18, 2003 06:49 AM        

____________
3829

  Ignore this member   
Otis


Needs a job
Captain Kickstand
Posts: 3028
posted August 18, 2003 07:03 AM        
quote:
A little miffed this morning?

Try hearing my 'country boy' friends that live on 400+ acres laugh about city slickers and how they don't know how to take care of themselves.


He's right Jon, except for me and my family.
____________
It's a free country brother

  Ignore this member   
fish_antlers


Administrator
The Truth is Out There
Posts: 21896
posted August 18, 2003 07:18 AM        
Taliban!
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
addisonzx12


Expert Class
Posts: 213
posted August 18, 2003 08:33 AM        
Otis, I just love the way you think things thru!! Now this isn't a big flame, but you got to think about the hospitals, the traffic signals, the air conditioning for the old & sick, people being stuck in elevators. I could go on & on. It really was a big deal!! I bet there were lives lost that were blamed on the outage.
  Ignore this member   
slug


Pro
Out in search of my mind...
Posts: 1433
posted August 18, 2003 08:55 AM        
hospitals have emergency generators

traffic signals, well, if people aren't smart enough to work it out themselves, they DESERVE to be stuck in traffic

air conditioning i can sorta see, there are people that have no idea how to stay hydrated when it is hot out

i grew up with no AC, in fact i only turned the ac on 2 weeks ago to keep the computers from overheating.

my great grandmother lived in downtown baltimore without ac for years and years


stuck in elevators, well, it's not like there aren't overrides to get the doors open.


it was a big deal because it inconvenienced a lot of people. im sure there may be deaths *blamed* on the outage, but how many were due to lack of common sense?

remember, people survived for CENTURIES without electricity.

  Ignore this member    Click here to send Slug an ICQ message. Click here to add 1734970 to your ICQ list. Click here to visit Slug's homepage. Click here to send Slug an AIM message. 
deathpulse


Pro
Posts: 1688
posted August 18, 2003 09:17 AM        
OMG-

NO AC
NO COMPUTER
NO INTERNET
NO XBOX

THE WORLD IS COMMING TO AN END
THE WORLD IS COMMING TO AN END!!!

  Ignore this member   
Otis


Needs a job
Captain Kickstand
Posts: 3028
posted August 18, 2003 09:24 AM        
quote:
Otis, I just love the way you think things thru!! Now this isn't a big flame, but you got to think about the hospitals, the traffic signals, the air conditioning for the old & sick, people being stuck in elevators. I could go on & on. It really was a big deal!! I bet there were lives lost that were blamed on the outage.


Addison, see here.

hospitals have emergency generators

traffic signals, well, if people aren't smart enough to work it out themselves, they DESERVE to be stuck in traffic

air conditioning i can sorta see, there are people that have no idea how to stay hydrated when it is hot out

i grew up with no AC, in fact i only turned the ac on 2 weeks ago to keep the computers from overheating.

my great grandmother lived in downtown baltimore without ac for years and years


stuck in elevators, well, it's not like there aren't overrides to get the doors open.


it was a big deal because it inconvenienced a lot of people. im sure there may be deaths *blamed* on the outage, but how many were due to lack of common sense?

remember, people survived for CENTURIES without electricity.

Thanks Slug, that's exactly what I would have said.
____________
It's a free country brother

  Ignore this member   
Ninjaman12R


Needs a job
as a Deal's Gap tour guide.
Posts: 4767
posted August 18, 2003 09:41 AM        
Bitter Bastard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Quit bitchin' you goddamned moron!!! 24hrs. without electricity has made you blow a gasket!!! Admit it you fuckin' weak BIATCH!!! You had to do without your 220vac Muleboy Love Toy and it shows. Step back from the crackpipe, take a deep breath, and RELAX YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOD>>>>>...... you Yankees need therapy. One bullet to the forehead should do the trick.
____________

What we're dealin' with here is a complete lack of respect for the law.

Sheriff Buford T. Justice of TEXAS

  Ignore this member   
worm~hole


Needs a life
Miles to go before I sleep....
Posts: 10623
posted August 18, 2003 09:56 AM        
...as a child, I lived a bit in the tropical jungles and fields of the P.I. ...the only running water was that of a near-by stream... no flush toilets, just pits a distance away from the thatch-roofed huts... no electricity, just kerosene lamps or torches, and an open fire on a clay hearth... no ice, we just catched and picked everything fresh... everything was cooked on a cast iron grill or clay pots... no metal utensiles, just implements made from smoothed coconut shells or some other hardwood... no T.V., just a short-wave D-cell Zenith radio... no cars or trucks, just horse, ox, or waterbuffalo drawn carts... I was a kid then, I could be a big kid now... take away everything and people like me and some of you wouldn't panic and start fightin'... we just minimize, reduce, and adapt ...yeah, I know, these are different times, but its still the same in many places...

...on an oblique note:...one day...if that 186mpg military fuel injected diesel KLR650 becomes available to the public (like the Hummvees did), I'd like to get one, simplify, and ride off into the sunset for as long as I can balance a motorcycle for the rest of my life...yeah, that'd be nice
____________
“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men
stand ready in the night to visit violence on those
who would do us harm.”

-George Orwell

  Ignore this member   
Otis


Needs a job
Captain Kickstand
Posts: 3028
posted August 18, 2003 10:14 AM        
quote:

Quit bitchin' you goddamned moron!!! 24hrs. without electricity has made you blow a gasket!!! Admit it you fuckin' weak BIATCH!!! You had to do without your 220vac Muleboy Love Toy and it shows. Step back from the crackpipe, take a deep breath, and RELAX YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOD>>>>>...... you Yankees need therapy. One bullet to the forehead should do the trick.


Hey fucking knobgobbler, if you actually would have read my post you'd see I wasn't bitching about the outage but the people who were bitching about the outage. Ya numbnut, I told you not finishing 7th grade would come back and bite ya you hillbilly ignoramous. It's ass come September.
____________
It's a free country brother

  Ignore this member   
ddpete3


Pro
Posts: 1189
posted August 18, 2003 10:35 AM        
I kinda wished I was there to hang out with my friends and party. Looked like a lot of fun if you ask me. Snow day in August? Hell yeah!
Must have been nice without all that light pollution for a night.

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit ddpete3's homepage. 
jonwright


Needs a job
Posts: 2416
posted August 18, 2003 10:41 AM        
quote:
You had to do without your 220vac Muleboy Love Toy and it shows.


Ohhhh SSHHHIIIIITTTT!!!

Damn. I gotta get work done around here sometime.....But this is WAY more fun.

  Ignore this member   
Ninjaman12R


Needs a job
as a Deal's Gap tour guide.
Posts: 4767
posted August 18, 2003 11:18 AM        
Hey Otis.........

If you'd read the underlying theme to my post I was saying that the power outage got to ya, you just didn't realize it. Hence all the fireworks you crackpipe biatch.

7th grade education, boy that bought your ass a ticket to ride the toe of my boot for about a 1/2 hour. Quit whinnin', do some work, and shut the fuck up. Yes it will be ass in September,YOURS!!!!
____________

What we're dealin' with here is a complete lack of respect for the law.

Sheriff Buford T. Justice of TEXAS

  Ignore this member   
Otis


Needs a job
Captain Kickstand
Posts: 3028
posted August 18, 2003 11:24 AM        
Don't you go trying to be subtle with me ya pooperpusher!
____________
It's a free country brother

  Ignore this member   
Ninjaman12R


Needs a job
as a Deal's Gap tour guide.
Posts: 4767
posted August 18, 2003 11:30 AM        
Subtle.......

Yeah,.....like I've ever been able to do that.

Man you should have been with me this weekend Otis, everything I touched went to hell in a handbasket. A real patience building weekend for sure. One of my "smooth moves" cost me $400. If I had a dollar for everytime I uttered the words "what the fuck" this weekend, I'd be takin' today off.
____________

What we're dealin' with here is a complete lack of respect for the law.

Sheriff Buford T. Justice of TEXAS

  Ignore this member   
Otis


Needs a job
Captain Kickstand
Posts: 3028
posted August 18, 2003 11:34 AM        
Well spill the beans what did you do? $400????
____________
It's a free country brother

  Ignore this member   
Ninjaman12R


Needs a job
as a Deal's Gap tour guide.
Posts: 4767
posted August 18, 2003 11:53 AM        
It'll have to wait.......

I'll tell ya in September, I'm still fumin' just a little.
____________

What we're dealin' with here is a complete lack of respect for the law.

Sheriff Buford T. Justice of TEXAS

  Ignore this member   
jonwright


Needs a job
Posts: 2416
posted August 18, 2003 12:57 PM        
Hmmm...hope it didn't involve your bike.
  Ignore this member   
bagster


Zone Head
Posts: 630
posted August 18, 2003 05:31 PM        
I personally don't mind when power goes out, but there are tons of jobs that rely on power to function.
Bad thing for the economy when all the machines stop working across multiple states.

  Ignore this member   
oldkawboy


Needs a job
Posts: 2125
posted August 18, 2003 07:41 PM        
All I can say is......Get used to it!
Almost every power company in the states are going to "automation". Whatever it takes to reduce labor cost, they are all for it.
I've worked as a substation operator, that jobs gone. Next as a steam (fossil) plant operator, that jobs gone and now a hydro plant operator and this job will be eliminated in 18 months.
All 29 of TVA's dams will be controlled from one location with nobody in the plants except monday thru friday on dayshift.
When the demand on load swings or the system voltage sags and the frequency drags you need human beings to get the job done.
Buy yourself a generator and get some candles, it's only gonna get worse.
Dan

  Ignore this member   
deathpulse


Pro
Posts: 1688
posted August 18, 2003 07:44 PM        
MUST... HAVE.... INTERNET..... CAN't... HOLD ON... WITHOUT IT.....
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: It was only a power outage for Christ\'s sake! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed


Copyright 2000-2026 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.25866508483887 seconds processing time