HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Velocity Stacks NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Megabyte


Pro
Posts: 1047
posted December 29, 2002 11:55 PM        
Velocity Stacks

Did a search on Velocity Stacks, and didn't see any post on the performance benefits, etc. Besides looking cool, Why would anyone want a set?
____________
We First make our habits and then our habits make us.

  Ignore this member   
ZHooligan


Moderator
Post Whore Extraordinaire!
Posts: 3829
posted December 30, 2002 12:25 AM        
Velocity stacks based on the length can create more torque or more horsepower in theory. Shorter stacks make more horsepower and longer stack make more torque. That is according to the "experts" I have spoken with.

  Ignore this member   
Megabyte


Pro
Posts: 1047
posted December 30, 2002 12:39 AM        
Thanks for the info. Is MV open for business this week?

quote:
Velocity stacks based on the length can create more torque or more horsepower in theory. Shorter stacks make more horsepower and longer stack make more torque. That is according to the "experts" I have spoken with.


____________
We First make our habits and then our habits make us.

  Ignore this member   
ZHooligan


Moderator
Post Whore Extraordinaire!
Posts: 3829
posted December 30, 2002 12:41 AM        
I believe he is. He may take some time to goof around with his son. But give him a shout around nine. I know he was in on Saturday.
  Ignore this member   
fastestr1


Expert Class
Posts: 300
posted January 05, 2003 12:55 AM        
So what is the differance between the boots being cut off the stock stacks and the low muzzy stacks
____________
Black 02, 8.99 @ 161.95 motor on NOS
Put one knee down for the curves and both knees down for GOD

  Ignore this member   
ZHooligan


Moderator
Post Whore Extraordinaire!
Posts: 3829
posted January 05, 2003 01:02 AM        
I would have to question the fit and precission of cutting the stock stacks. And I would assume that if you were going to cut the stock ones you would cut the bottoms where they go into the throttle bodies. As they aremade they have a lip so you would have to address that so that they could slide in, and this would sistort the top of the stack. I would say if you want the horsepower from the shorter stack buy the Muzzy or the Bears. I would suspect modifying the stockers would be an exercise in anger management!
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Velocity Stacks NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed


Copyright 2000-2026 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.21425700187683 seconds processing time