HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Summer 2005 Trip NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
beansbaxter


Needs a life
Posts: 5911
posted January 09, 2005 01:17 AM        
Summer 2005 Trip

Anyone have any plans for summer motorcycle long trips? I am planning a few and well, if anyone else has the inclination or plans to go anywhere, then it would be cool to try to see if more of us could ride together.

In March, heading to Reno, Vegas, and possibly Lake Havasu in AZ.

In May, heading to California.

In July, Laguna Seca.

In August, I am planning a loop of a long trip, here are the stops:
Portland, OR
Reno, NV
Las Vegas, NV
Alburqurqe, NM
Oklahoma City, OK
Denver, CO
Minneapolis, MN
Chicago, IL
Rapid City, SD (Sturgis)
and back to Spokane...

I'm still working out the details. This is my prelim ride because in Summer 2006 I am doing the four corners run still.

Here is the route to kind of see...no actual roads have been determines for obviously I dont want to take the long boring highway the entire way. Some of the time though, of course I will.

And leaving Oklahoma can go in any particular order as long as I hit up all the cities mentioned. Havent figured out if I want to bring CA into the mix in the first part of the trip.

This is the idea, so depending on funds and work and school, this is something I'd like to take the time to do:


  Ignore this member    Click here to visit beansbaxter's homepage. 
TurboBlew


Moderator
BUSY DOING THE SCHIAVO
Posts: 4590
posted January 09, 2005 01:48 AM        
Pack light and essential. Dont use saddlebags.... they SUCK.
I like the Ventura Rack and maybe a small tank bag up front for your wallet, change etc.
Check your bike over well and have it prepped at least 1 week before departure. I like to excersize frequently before departure.

My year looks like this so far

-May: Deals Gap
-June: Mechanicsville, MD for MIR dragracing
-July: Laguna Seca


____________
Official Charter Member of the RIDERS OF KAWASAKI MEMBERSHIP REVOCATION CLUB
Also a BadAss Internet Forum Moderator 4 Hire!! Come at me brah!

  Ignore this member   
TurboBlew


Moderator
BUSY DOING THE SCHIAVO
Posts: 4590
posted January 09, 2005 01:49 AM        
BTW>.. is that Streets 05? I love that program!!!!!!
____________
Official Charter Member of the RIDERS OF KAWASAKI MEMBERSHIP REVOCATION CLUB
Also a BadAss Internet Forum Moderator 4 Hire!! Come at me brah!

  Ignore this member   
swft


Needs a life
Full throttle!
Posts: One MEEEEEELLION
posted January 09, 2005 06:00 AM        
Ya know, I would be tempted to forsake the stretch of I5 in Oregon, and go inland. You could take I84 down to US95 and enjoy tight twisties right down to Reno that way...


____________
82 Gpz750, 84 Ninja 900, 2000 ZX12R (Muzzy Big Bore Kit), *another* 2000 ZX12R (Muzzy custom stroke crank 1341cc motor), 2004 ZZR1200, 2005 ZX10R, 2007 ZX14, 2008 Concours 14, 2014 Versys 650, 2014 Yamaha WR450F, 2015 Ninja H2


  Ignore this member   
beansbaxter


Needs a life
Posts: 5911
posted January 09, 2005 10:03 AM        
I like that route swft...that entire route on my map is so not set in stone, just an idea. I can do Spokane to Reno in one day. Have a place to stay at in Reno along the way.

The only reason I threw in Oregon was I wanted to say hi to Dino haha.

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit beansbaxter's homepage. 
slug


Pro
Out in search of my mind...
Posts: 1433
posted January 09, 2005 10:49 AM        
i'm considering a june coast to coast ride

depart deal's gap, and side-road it to colorado. then to california, up to oregon, and back via northern routes

lookig to take 2 weeks to do the trip.

  Ignore this member    Click here to send Slug an ICQ message. Click here to add 1734970 to your ICQ list. Click here to visit Slug's homepage. Click here to send Slug an AIM message. 
beansbaxter


Needs a life
Posts: 5911
posted January 09, 2005 12:36 PM        
when are u planning that slug?
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit beansbaxter's homepage. 
canadamaxxer


Pro
Posts: 1090
posted January 09, 2005 12:44 PM        
Beans,

Head north to Sportbike west.....end of August...very close to you

  Ignore this member   
Scooter


Zone Head
Posts: 899
posted January 09, 2005 02:25 PM        Edited By: Scooter on 9 Jan 2005 14:26
BEans, From Chicago head over to the Mississippi River and ride up the great River Roads scenic byways up to MN/ST. P. Much prettier than up the interstate. Let me know when your up there and maybe I'll ride down and do that leg with ya. I'm 100 mi north of Green BAy.


May : DG9
June : Road America then ZRX NAtional Rally Eureka Springs, Ark the week after.
??? Same leg I just told Beans about
Sept : DG



I wish I'd signed up for Laguna Seca now. My bud here in town just scored a job on the Bostrom/Hopkins team pit crew. Red Bull anybody?
____________
"Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional."

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit Scooter's homepage. 
beansbaxter


Needs a life
Posts: 5911
posted January 09, 2005 03:50 PM        Edited By: beansbaxter on 9 Jan 2005 15:51
canadamaxxer...Well the only thing that is set to time on this trip is I have to be in Minneapolis, MN on August 20th for I am going to the best man at my friend's wedding. When are the dates for SBNW?

Scooter...how is the ride along the ole Mississippi River? I've always wanted to ride down it from Minneapolis to Baton Rouge, any twisties?

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit beansbaxter's homepage. 
MadMike


Moderator
FEAR THE BLACK FLAG!!!!!!!!
Posts: 6579
posted January 09, 2005 06:04 PM        
Beans, let me know you have a place to crash on your way through Des Moines! I will fire up the grill good!
Mad Mike
____________
200-MPH CLUB MEMBER!

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit MadMike's homepage. 
slug


Pro
Out in search of my mind...
Posts: 1433
posted January 10, 2005 04:27 AM        
july 16th or so will be when i leave (sorry on that i thought it was june)

be back before the end of hte month

  Ignore this member    Click here to send Slug an ICQ message. Click here to add 1734970 to your ICQ list. Click here to visit Slug's homepage. Click here to send Slug an AIM message. 
fish_antlers


Administrator
The Truth is Out There
Posts: 21896
posted January 10, 2005 06:59 AM        
Beans... you cant miss SBW!
____________
What business is it of yours where I'm from, Friendo?


  Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
frEEk


Administrator
ummm... yeah
Posts: 9660
posted January 11, 2005 01:41 AM        
scooter, last time i looked there were still tix available for laguna, tho the camping is kinda shitty i'm told (archery range is pretty far).

beans, SBW info is at http://www.sportbikewest.com

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit frEEk's homepage. 
Scooter


Zone Head
Posts: 899
posted January 11, 2005 02:48 PM        
Minnesota /Iowa side had twisties with great views overlooking the Delta. Wis side stayed tight to the river through the little towns, still decent roads though. Pop and I did that trip on the 12's in '02.
That's a lot of superslab on your projected route, straight flat, boring, tire devouring nothingness. May I suggest Avon AV 45/46's for you. Decent stick with good wear.

freek, I just may be able to score quarters thru my bud, and maybe a pit pass too, who knows. I'm a big EBoz fan. How do tickets work? Valid only for certain areas I assume? I could bring my big assed double dome tent. We'll see what happens, still a long shot at this point. Time off may be a problem, just got a promotion of sorts to relief manager at the powerplant so I might not be able to swing it. It'd be an Iron Butt event reguardless.
____________
"Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional."

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit Scooter's homepage. 
swft


Needs a life
Full throttle!
Posts: One MEEEEEELLION
posted January 11, 2005 10:09 PM        
MadMike - If you do anything, you gotta take Beans to Big Daddy's BBQ in Des Moines... All I gotta say is ... WOW!
____________
82 Gpz750, 84 Ninja 900, 2000 ZX12R (Muzzy Big Bore Kit), *another* 2000 ZX12R (Muzzy custom stroke crank 1341cc motor), 2004 ZZR1200, 2005 ZX10R, 2007 ZX14, 2008 Concours 14, 2014 Versys 650, 2014 Yamaha WR450F, 2015 Ninja H2


  Ignore this member   
Widowmaker


Expert Class
Posts: 378
posted January 11, 2005 10:33 PM        
If you take this trip, I would ride wth you from northern ILL to Des Moines.
  Ignore this member   
MadMike


Moderator
FEAR THE BLACK FLAG!!!!!!!!
Posts: 6579
posted January 12, 2005 10:07 AM        
NO way Swft,,, Dude you know about Big Daddy's??? very cool.
he actually passed away last year, he was a great man! he gave more to the Iowa Food Bank, then anyone probably ever has thought... They are just doing catering now. but maybe I can hook him up!!! Man they have some great BBQ!! have you tried their "checkout time" sauce? smoking...
____________
200-MPH CLUB MEMBER!

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit MadMike's homepage. 
zxfingyz


Expert Class
Posts: 424
posted January 12, 2005 11:46 AM        
You might also consider hopping a boat across lake Mich at Manitowoc WI and crossing over to Ludingtion MI
Here is the link
http://www.ssbadger.com/defaultContent.asp
Besides how you gonna pass up a motorcycle tour of the steel mills in Gary, IN?

  Ignore this member   
vozizm


Needs a job
Got Nothing Witty To Say
Posts: 4417
posted January 12, 2005 01:51 PM        
thats a damn trip ya taking son..
  Ignore this member   
swft


Needs a life
Full throttle!
Posts: One MEEEEEELLION
posted May 19, 2005 05:18 AM        
bump
____________
82 Gpz750, 84 Ninja 900, 2000 ZX12R (Muzzy Big Bore Kit), *another* 2000 ZX12R (Muzzy custom stroke crank 1341cc motor), 2004 ZZR1200, 2005 ZX10R, 2007 ZX14, 2008 Concours 14, 2014 Versys 650, 2014 Yamaha WR450F, 2015 Ninja H2


  Ignore this member   
beansbaxter


Needs a life
Posts: 5911
posted May 19, 2005 07:24 AM        
I drove over 1100 miles one-way to arrive in Sacremento and, only stopping at Dino's house in Oregon and my butt was sooo sore. Still here riding around right now....dang weather in Cali though has been as rainy as it normally is in Seattle uggg....
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit beansbaxter's homepage. 
Just Joy


Needs a job
Posts: 3976
posted May 19, 2005 07:59 AM        
We have our annual girls trip planed for the beginning of July.......4 ladies, 3 days, hot springs, and luxtury hotels......total round trip is about 1500 kms.......can't wait

Then of course there's the SBW trip.......hope to see some of you there...


____________
Life is what we make it, always has been, always will be.....

  Ignore this member    Click here to send Just Joy an AIM message. 
slug


Pro
Out in search of my mind...
Posts: 1433
posted May 19, 2005 06:02 PM        
update, i leave july 1, return on the 17th of july


  Ignore this member    Click here to send Slug an ICQ message. Click here to add 1734970 to your ICQ list. Click here to visit Slug's homepage. Click here to send Slug an AIM message. 
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Summer 2005 Trip NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed


Copyright 2000-2026 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.25616216659546 seconds processing time