rac4it

Needs a job
Bergie
Posts: 3009
|
posted May 10, 2005 09:04 AM
Edited By: rac4it on 10 May 2005 10:05
Somebody Stop Me
Help!! Somebody, please! Smack me! I can't help but daydream about just hitting the dealership on my way home today and picking up an '05 GSXR1000!! WTF is wrong with me!
I spent at least 90 minutes today surfing on the '05 1000.
I'm think I'm slipping away... far far away... into the dark...

HELP meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
|
rac4it

Needs a job
Bergie
Posts: 3009
|
posted May 10, 2005 09:08 AM
$99/ month! SOMEBODY STOP ME
|
your car is slow

Needs a job
Fuck Nitrous...Got Boost?
Posts: 4089
|
posted May 10, 2005 09:14 AM
needs an airshifter.
____________
Do not taunt happy fun ball!
|
rac4it

Needs a job
Bergie
Posts: 3009
|
posted May 10, 2005 09:16 AM
Edited By: rac4it on 10 May 2005 10:16
quote: needs an airshifter.
What's that?
|
frEEk

Administrator
ummm... yeah
Posts: 9660
|
posted May 10, 2005 09:30 AM
don't jump shit too soon. wouldnt be surprised if kaw has an answer for 06
|
ninjafreek
Novice Class
Posts: 98
|
posted May 10, 2005 01:26 PM
No Shit I got one in my Shop. Couldn't fight it any more.
|
CrotchRocket

Moderator
Bracket Racing with Betsy
Posts: 8038
|
posted May 12, 2005 04:43 AM
Edited By: CrotchRocket on 12 May 2005 05:48
Bergie...Why jump on the 1000cc band wagon???...I know your not going to race 1000ss, so there is no use for a 1000...Keep your 12s and when the new 12 or Busa comes out then buy that!!!
Bergie buys a '05 Gix1000, then the new 12 comes out and blows it away!!!...Listen to Bergie, saying I should have waited!!!
Also, you will remember why you dont like Suzukis after you start Racing it...
____________
Jason Miller StreetBike Seminars
*****DragRacers do it better, because they dont cut Corners*****
|
eastbaydave

Needs a job
Posts: 2245
|
posted May 14, 2005 06:47 PM
don't know about you guys, but the back end of that thing is butt-ugly...
especially that can....e-yucko...
____________
Enjoy the ride!
02' ZRX1200
00' ZX12R sold
|
TedG
Moderator
Posts: 8222
|
posted May 15, 2005 08:01 PM
I looked at one this weekend when I was picking up my new helmet, The pipes shape is ugly but the finish is cool. The integrated turn signals look terrible, now the back is as ugly as the front. I may be bias but I like the ZX10 much better.
____________
Ted
2000 Green ZX12 sold
The fast color!!
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS
|
diablodcielo

Expert Class
Posts: 104
|
posted May 15, 2005 08:13 PM
I got mine in the same color above, I love it ,. Coming off a ZX12 my only complaint is comfort and wind protection at high speeds. I miss those things off my 12R , other than that the GSXR is a bad boy just as is the 10R. I just went with the newer bike of the pack at the time.
|
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
Posts: 7981
|
posted May 16, 2005 01:33 AM
I like the integrated signals, but the can blows........if KHI doesnt get off this useless tack kick I might jump ship as well......
anyone know of a good aftermarket instrument cluster for the 10?
____________
When in doubt, lean farther and go faster....
|
eastbaydave

Needs a job
Posts: 2245
|
posted May 16, 2005 05:37 AM
quote: I like the integrated signals, but the can blows........if KHI doesnt get off this useless tack kick I might jump ship as well......
anyone know of a good aftermarket instrument cluster for the 10?
you mean the tachometer? EVERYONE (including mag reviews) say it sucks. As it's been out now for several years (Z1000, ZX10, etc.) one has to wonder why KAW is not listening or choosing not to improve the engineering design?
At least improve the design (same shape?) so it can be easily read in daylight? I almost bought a Z1000 couple years back, but hated the tach so much I didn't....
____________
Enjoy the ride!
02' ZRX1200
00' ZX12R sold
|
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
Posts: 7981
|
posted May 17, 2005 03:02 PM
yeah that is what I ment Dave....I had the same dam tach on my 03 6RR and now on the 10, you get use to it, kinda. But it still sucks, and in bright light its about useless.....
____________
When in doubt, lean farther and go faster....
|
rac4it

Needs a job
Bergie
Posts: 3009
|
posted May 19, 2005 04:02 PM
For the record I witness the '05 GSXRs handing 10Rs their asses several times over now, not sure how to explain it other than the Zuk is bad ass. That being said I've decided to hold off and save my pennies for next season's big bore class and hope that Kawasaki unleashes a new beast!
You guys didn't think I'd really jump ship did you! SUCKERS! ;-)
Every streetbike I've ever owned, count them SIX 6, have been Kawasaki Ninjas, since 1986. Can't yield to anything but GREEN.
Man you guys are easy
|
lizard

Pro
Modulator
Posts: 1483
|
posted May 19, 2005 04:25 PM
That instrument cluster on the Ninja is cheezee. I like the one on the older gixxie 1000 and the new one much better. Even the R1 has a nice set up. I like my 10 but If I was buying an 05 1000. It would be a gixxie. Ya know. Bragging rights.
|
|
|