TnC14

Parking Attendant
Posts: 28
|
posted February 22, 2009 12:51 PM
Muzzy's Dual Exhuast HP increase?
Well, I've only had my C14 for 1 day, and I'm already shopping for mods.
How much of an hp increase can be expected from the Muzzy dual exit system (of course with a PC-V)??
I see huge gains from Area-P, but, I'm hooked on the dual look & sound. I figure due to design restraints, the Muzzy system probably won't have the gain potential of the Area-P, but, I'm wondering what can be expected?
____________
'09 Metallic Black Concours14 ABS.
PC-V Power Commander.
Power Commander Auto-Tune Kit.
Muzzy's stepped tube header - Dual carbon oval cans.
Muzzy's lowering links.
BMC-Race air filter.
Flies out.
|
ninjawarrior12

Novice Class
Posts: 39
|
posted February 23, 2009 03:37 PM
You will be around 150 Horsepower...but you should remove the flies, install a power commander, and maybe a high performance air cleaner.....if you do these mods it will be a tremendous change in this motor. Lots of extra power is built into this motor, but you will spend lots of money to extract it.
The Muzzy will cost about 1500.00, the power commander 250.00, air filter about 65.00, plus the labor unless you do it yourself which is lots of fun!
You need a taller windshield, and HID bulbs, maybe handlebar risers, and a 9500i radar detector!
____________
Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
|
TnC14

Parking Attendant
Posts: 28
|
posted February 23, 2009 03:43 PM
What are they dyno'ing stock?
____________
'09 Metallic Black Concours14 ABS.
PC-V Power Commander.
Power Commander Auto-Tune Kit.
Muzzy's stepped tube header - Dual carbon oval cans.
Muzzy's lowering links.
BMC-Race air filter.
Flies out.
|
ninjawarrior12

Novice Class
Posts: 39
|
posted February 23, 2009 04:02 PM
Around 138 horsepower stock.
____________
Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
|
TnC14

Parking Attendant
Posts: 28
|
posted February 23, 2009 04:09 PM
Hmmm, I wonder how much more HP the Area-P is going to make over the Muzzy Dual system????
(Assuming PC-V, flies out (or TRE), & filter to maximize each system).
____________
'09 Metallic Black Concours14 ABS.
PC-V Power Commander.
Power Commander Auto-Tune Kit.
Muzzy's stepped tube header - Dual carbon oval cans.
Muzzy's lowering links.
BMC-Race air filter.
Flies out.
|
ninjawarrior12

Novice Class
Posts: 39
|
posted February 23, 2009 04:15 PM
I think when Kerry gets thru by the end of this week, we can look for about 160 Horsepower at the rear wheel...maybe a little more....
With shaft drive, bags, more comfortable riding position, and adjustable windshield, 6 speed tranny and that Ninja motor....it out classes any other bike except the Goldwing.
I rode yesterday after putting a ZX-14 header on my with my AreaP and 4th gear was unbelievable torque and speed, shifted into 5th gear at 120mph...and it scared me a second!
The more you drive and modify it, the more you will love it!
____________
Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
|
ninjawarrior12

Novice Class
Posts: 39
|
posted February 23, 2009 04:19 PM
The Muzzy does not come with a map, is a little heavier, and very expensive...the AreaP is far the best exhaust anywhere at any price in quality, performance, and sound.
The new 4-2-1 being developed this week will be worth the wait, will make more power than the Muzzy and safe you a ton of money you can use for other modifications on your new Connie.
Look at my profile to see what I have done to mine...sometimes I go out in the garage just to sit on it and wipe it down and admire the sleek lines, the power and engineering....the only thing I could possibly want is to have the ZX-14 motor in this bike, and then tweak that from there!
It has lots more possibilities for fun than the ZX-14 and is wonderfully reliable..not a problem with anything on my bike ever....just some minor recalls.
It will go as fast as you want to go, and you will not be all tired out on arrival...
Ninjawarrior
____________
Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
|
TnC14

Parking Attendant
Posts: 28
|
posted February 23, 2009 04:32 PM
Edited By: TnC14 on 24 Feb 2009 00:33
Muzzy claims in a response email to me, that their system will make 15-17% gain with the map they offer with the system....I like the looks & sound of a dual system, but, I'm begining to think I'll wait for the Area-P (hopefully with carbon can & turndown tip).
____________
'09 Metallic Black Concours14 ABS.
PC-V Power Commander.
Power Commander Auto-Tune Kit.
Muzzy's stepped tube header - Dual carbon oval cans.
Muzzy's lowering links.
BMC-Race air filter.
Flies out.
|
oncourse

Expert Class
I hate flies!!!
Posts: 467
|
posted February 23, 2009 06:58 PM
Yeah, wait for the area p, it seems to be the shocker exhaust of this decade....
Rob
____________
True intellegence is not measured by your degrees.
04 klr 250 Lots of mods and 70 MPG!!
08 Connie 2 bros. Carbon. Helibars. Flies out, PC3!!!
2003 kx 500 SOLD
2004 KX 500 In service now, whata BEAST!
|
|
|