qbushido

Parking Attendant
Posts: 7
|
posted December 31, 2007 07:51 AM
NYC C-14 riders
hello all, I'm a new member of this forum and hopefully soon a c-14 member. I'm here to read about the experiences of C-14 owners and if I'm lucky maybe even meet up with a few. I live in Manhattan and would really be interested in hearing from any owners who are either here or in any other big cities. How does she handle potholes and city traffic etc....
thanks in advance.
|
nabrxx

Needs a job
Posts: 2853
|
posted December 31, 2007 01:26 PM
The c14 handles the city as well as anything ive ridden, though she is a bit wide for tight lane splitting.
____________
What we don't understand, we can
make mean anything...
src="http://www.bikeland.org/board/i
mages/smilies/smile.gif" border=0>
|
TedG
Moderator
Posts: 8222
|
posted December 31, 2007 02:15 PM
I did a bit of lane splitting when in California this summer and nabrxx is right you really have to check the width. But the mirrors are a good indicator if you will fit.
____________
Ted
2000 Green ZX12 sold
The fast color!!
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS
|
texcoonazz
Parking Attendant
Posts: 13
|
posted January 01, 2008 04:55 PM
Edited By: texcoonazz on 1 Jan 2008 16:55
I could not imagine having another bike now. Love it.
But I do make some allowances for its size. Lane splitting can be a bit tight. The bike is wide but still managable. The mirrors are low and the bags cover the lower part of the mirrors. Cars behind you can dissappear behind the bags pretty easy. If I was going to be riding in heavy city traffic very much I would add a mirror to the top and put some fisheye mirrors on it.
As far as potholes this bike has a tight sport suspension. You are going to feel the potholes pretty good.
On a more positive note you would be able to keep up with those high speed cabbies a little better on this bike.
|
qbushido

Parking Attendant
Posts: 7
|
posted January 01, 2008 07:58 PM
thanks for the advice, I dont plan on doing all that much lane splitting, its more of a pain in the ass then its worth and its illegal in NYC.
please keep all the good info coming.
|
nabrxx

Needs a job
Posts: 2853
|
posted January 02, 2008 01:09 PM
One more illegal thing the conny DOESNT do well is blend well while parked on the sidewalk. My max as well as my old 14 could be parked by construction scaffolding or a postal box and pretty much disappear from the sightlines of the "to lazy to get out of their car traffic agents"....You can see the conny from half a block away.
____________
What we don't understand, we can
make mean anything...
src="http://www.bikeland.org/board/i
mages/smilies/smile.gif" border=0>
|
qbushido

Parking Attendant
Posts: 7
|
posted January 07, 2008 07:26 AM
I believe that, and thanks for the advice. I just wish it was possible for me to take a c14 for a ride around the block, just a 2 minute ride, I know thats all I'd need to let me know if its a good fit for me or not.
This whole no test drive thing in the NYC area is killing me.
|
|
|