Concourse 14 / GTR1400
  HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CONCOURS14.com > Thread: Sylvania Ultras NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
TedG


Moderator
Posts: 8222
posted December 16, 2007 01:33 PM        
Sylvania Ultras

I bought a set of Sylvania Ultras and found that the light is only marginally brighter if any at all but it definitely whiter, which is a good thing.
____________
Ted
2000 Green ZX12 sold
The fast color!!
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS

  Ignore this member   
stevewfl


Moderator
Posts: 27920
posted December 16, 2007 01:53 PM        
If they are the performance HID Bulbs they have a k-factor.

4300K are pure white (stock on cars with factory HID lights)
6000K Pure white/tiny amount of blue
8000K Pure blue/purple

The higher the K the less physical light it will emit but more color.

To get a high output HID on a bike, you need the ballast and all. XENON is a popular manufacturer for bike HIDs/ballasts, and they are much brighter than stock bike lights. The ballast will draw a little more juice on start-up, but if that bothers you put a relay in for 15 second delay for power to reach it.
____________
2010 Concours14
'08 R1 YAMAHA
ZX14 gone!
CBR600RR track bike

  Ignore this member   
TedG


Moderator
Posts: 8222
posted December 16, 2007 05:09 PM        
I have HIDs in my Vette and they are awesome to say the least. I was just trying to improve the stockers a bit because I had noticed that the stockers were very yellowish. I am not sure it was worth the 50 bucks.
____________
Ted
2000 Green ZX12 sold
The fast color!!
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS

  Ignore this member   
AllStingNoBling


Expert Class
Posts: 128
posted December 17, 2007 06:52 AM        
$50 for Halogen?! Screw that noise, I'll stick with stockers until it's time to get HIDs.
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CONCOURS14.com > Thread: Sylvania Ultras NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed


Copyright 2000-2026 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.38129687309265 seconds processing time