worm~hole

Needs a life
Miles to go before I sleep....
Posts: 10623
|
posted November 12, 2007 10:09 AM
Edited By: worm~hole on 12 Nov 2007 11:55
2009 C14....more features
....ok....this is what I'd like to see for 2009 or 2010....keep the layout the same, but add the following as options:
A) Heated grips
B) Heated seat
C) Intergrated cruise control
D) A better looking top trunk that matches the style of the bike more
E) Other colors ie. metallic black and the other cool colors that came on the old ZX-11s
...they don't have to outBMW the BMW's K1200 GT/LT pricewise....they just have to make it more appealing to the same type of rider who can appreciate value when they see one....and by all means DON'T turn it into a GoldWing
...in the meantime, I'll be riding a pal's "new" 2004 12-mile ZG1000 that he never got to ride due to unforseeable circumstances...just had all four carbs rebuilt for $400 vs $1500 for a new bank of carbs ...we made a sweet deal where I get to ride it whenever I want to keep it riunning order until its sold...what a deal, huh?
____________
“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men
stand ready in the night to visit violence on those
who would do us harm.”
-George Orwell
|
08CC14

Expert Class
Posts: 109
|
posted November 12, 2007 11:31 PM
How about integrated GPS, a digital MPH readout, auto cancelling turn signals, a stereo option, lockable storage in the side fairings and tip-over guards?
____________
'08 ABS Concours 14
'97 YZF600R
'00 ZX6e (rideable but needs paint)
|
08Concours14

Parking Attendant
Posts: 14
|
posted November 13, 2007 06:41 AM
I was sent a questionaire (as I assume every C14 owner got one) regarding things I would add/ take away to make the C14 better for 2009. I was pretty impressed how in depth the questions were. It took at least 20 minutes to do it. Also impressive was the fact that a manufacturing company would be asking for customer input on a current just released model for improvements. That is why I like Kawasaki. They don't wait for declining sales numbers to let them know they need to make changes. I like the ones you mentioned (worm-hole) and the ones you listed 08CC14. The first list won't make me trade my bike in for an 09 but if they did all the things both of you listed........I would think about it.
I would like to see more colors, not that I don't like silver.........that would still be my choice. But, so every one one I see doesn't look just like mine! haha. I would love to see a fairing storage, lose the tank storage thing, bigger factory windscreen, cruise control, factory matching rear hard bag, etc. I have navigation and mp3 player, I kinda like the old school speedo, I wish they would delete the tire pressure system. I manually check mine anyway and mine has given me trouble. I would also like to see a "high speed" compression adjustment on the lower front forks, like the ZX14 has.
It is an easy bike to love!
|
wormgear

Expert Class
Posts: 339
|
posted November 13, 2007 03:53 PM
A Pussy.....
So I could have sex with (according to my girlfriend) the thing I love most.
____________
GodDamnit there's always such a big temptation to be good, to be good! (Tom Waits)
|
rich8363

Parking Attendant
Posts: 23
|
posted November 13, 2007 05:25 PM
Wormgear -
Your girlfriend MUST be my wife
She said the same thing to me.
"...if that thing had a pussy, you'd f**k it ....."
____________
RIDE HARD OR STAY HOME
|
daysoffIride
Novice Class
Posts: 77
|
posted November 13, 2007 06:08 PM
Edited By: daysoffIride on 13 Nov 2007 19:05
Living in a warm part of the country I want a cooler, an air conditioner, cooling grips and an auto pilot.....
If we want things like this, put 'em on yourself...... I'd vote to not be charged for things I will never use.... but if they were options.... no problem there....
____________
Present rides:
'08 ZG 1400
'08 KLR 650
'05 Prarie V- twin 700 Quad
|
wormgear

Expert Class
Posts: 339
|
posted November 13, 2007 06:09 PM
I don't think so rich. Mine is always telling me where to go and what to do. Most married women save that for their husband.
I told her if I ever missed that I could just plug into my Zumo and ignore the directions.
She really enjoyed that one........hm mm
____________
GodDamnit there's always such a big temptation to be good, to be good! (Tom Waits)
|
fastestbusaaround

Needs a life
I eat Fish...
Posts: 7889
|
posted November 13, 2007 07:09 PM
Is that like "Go Fuck Yourself"?
____________
FYYFF!!!
|
AllStingNoBling

Expert Class
Posts: 128
|
posted November 13, 2007 10:11 PM
I want a built in radar detector
|
08Concours14

Parking Attendant
Posts: 14
|
posted November 14, 2007 01:27 PM
Or built in Jammer! Even better.
|
fastestbusaaround

Needs a life
I eat Fish...
Posts: 7889
|
posted November 14, 2007 04:47 PM
Now now; you know you shouldn't be breaking the law on these bikes...
____________
FYYFF!!!
|
08CC14

Expert Class
Posts: 109
|
posted November 14, 2007 05:10 PM
Oh yeah, forgot one: Move the storage compartment to one or both side fairings and make the tank bigger so we can go more than 200 miles between fuel stops.
____________
'08 ABS Concours 14
'97 YZF600R
'00 ZX6e (rideable but needs paint)
|
AllStingNoBling

Expert Class
Posts: 128
|
posted November 14, 2007 08:03 PM
quote: Now now; you know you shouldn't be breaking the law on these bikes...
Oh shit, too late on that one!
|
TedG
Moderator
Posts: 8222
|
posted November 15, 2007 11:38 PM
quote: Now now; you know you shouldn't be breaking the law on these bikes...
I know good and well there are cops out looking for me every time I ride the thing.
____________
Ted
2000 Green ZX12 sold
The fast color!!
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS
|
08CC14

Expert Class
Posts: 109
|
posted November 20, 2007 08:38 PM
quote:
quote: Now now; you know you shouldn't be breaking the law on these bikes...
I know good and well there are cops out looking for me every time I ride the thing.
Don't worry Ted, they found me last week. Caught me doing 85 in a 60 leaving the base. Grrrrr
____________
'08 ABS Concours 14
'97 YZF600R
'00 ZX6e (rideable but needs paint)
|
saseric

Parking Attendant
Posts: 2
|
posted December 06, 2007 11:58 AM
what about a hugger?
I've got a lot of mud ON the trunks and seat.
|
chez

Expert Class
Posts: 134
|
posted December 06, 2007 02:17 PM
Edited By: chez on 6 Dec 2007 14:17
2009 and 2010 gees I may be dead by then... I am actually removing original stuff from the bike not adding.
____________
Chez
|
|
|