Concourse 14 / GTR1400
  HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CONCOURS14.com > Thread: Accessory Fuse Panel NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
tundra tom


Novice Class
Posts: 68
posted September 01, 2007 06:57 AM        Edited By: tundra tom on 1 Sep 2007 11:22
Accessory Fuse Panel

Wanting to avoid multiple connections at the Battery and annoyed by the GPS re-powering up every time the bike is started I picked up sub-fuse box here: http://www.centechwire.com/catalog/panels/ap1.shtml

Mounting it in a dry and accessible location I found a place under the right top black fairing. The wishbone shaped stamping that holds the foam block in place is mounted with plastic push pins. This would likely be fine but I replaced them with small bolts.

Using a piece of plastic as a backing board I mounted the box to the Wishbone:http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa266/tundratom/DSC00694.jpg

You should use some durable and fairly large gage wire to run to the Battery. There is a thin frame member that can be use to zip tie the wire leading to the Battery box.

Mounting location on the C-14. Note: you may want to mount it a bit higher to access the two bottom negative connections easier. (Doh!)
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa266/tundratom/DSC00695.jpg

A better view for location on the bike:http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa266/tundratom/DSC00697.jpg

Another bonus, I connected the cigarette lighter socket to the panel so it is constantly live now for re-charging cell phones etc. This leaves another switched power source similer to the left side for lights etc.
The Panel is easy to use, simply remove the cover, insert the wires into a block and tighten the screw, replace the cover.
A side note: watch where you route wires around the front of the Fairing under the instruments. The power unit for the windshield has a pulley with cables on it in that area.
Farkle away!

____________
"When my time has come, I prefer to be in the Saddle rather than the Recliner"

  Ignore this member   
Ozzy


Needs a job
need guberment cheese
Posts: 3172
posted September 01, 2007 11:11 AM        Edited By: Ozzy on 1 Sep 2007 12:12
quote:
Wanting to avoid multiple connections at the Battery and annoyed by the GPS re-powering up every time the bike is started I picked up sub-fuse box here: http://www.centechwire.com/catalog/panels/ap1.shtml

Mounting it in a dry and accessible location I found a place under the right top black fairing. The wishbone shaped stamping that holds the foam block in place is mounted with plastic push pins. This would likely be fine but I replaced them with small bolts.

Using a piece of plastic as a backing board I mounted the box to the Wishbone:

You should use some durable and fairly large gage wire to run to the Battery. There is a thin frame member that can be use to zip tie the wire leading to the Battery box.

Mounting location on the C-14. Note: you may want to mount it a bit higher to access the two bottom negative connections easier. (Doh!)


A better view for location on the bike:

Another bonus, I connected the cigarette lighter socket to the panel so it is constantly live now for re-charging cell phones etc. This leaves another switched power source similer to the left side for lights etc.
The Panel is easy to use, simply remove the cover, insert the wires into a block and tighten the screw, replace the cover.
A side note: watch where you route wires around the front of the Fairing under the instruments. The power unit for the windshield has a pulley with cables on it in that area.
Farkle away!


____________
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses......HIT IT!"
Blues Bros.

  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CONCOURS14.com > Thread: Accessory Fuse Panel NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed


Copyright 2000-2026 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.24871516227722 seconds processing time