Concourse 14 / GTR1400
  HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CONCOURS14.com > Thread: C-14P NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
worm~hole


Needs a life
Miles to go before I sleep....
Posts: 10623
posted August 05, 2007 10:28 AM        
C-14P

...I think now is a good time for Kawasaki to reintroduce themselves into the police motorcycle market with he new C-14...cheaper than the HDs and BMWs California currently uses...faster, too ...although I have to admire that (separate patriotic HD brand loyalty to the good ole' USA) the BMW R1200RTPs are 'right' right out of the box for police work...enough speed, great handling, homogenous equipment intergration, lighter weight, cool factor ....or so I've heard...still waiting for my chance to be an armed tax collector, as TedG disaffectionally referes to them

  Ignore this member   
TedG


Moderator
Posts: 8222
posted August 05, 2007 04:56 PM        Edited By: TedG on 5 Aug 2007 17:56
That's armed meter molly . I do think you have a good point here though. This bike would be awesome. Kawasaki has done it before, What they did with the KZ1000 was the factory sent the bikes in pretty much stripped to Dan Gurney for the police equipment. The only real police equipment was the double speedo and some control switches. All the crash bars, those metal saddlebags, seat, windscreen and lights were all installed here in the states., Remember I was a motorcycle mechanic when they first came out I set them all up, installed the radios, sirens, and I trained the Reno PD mechanics.on those things.
____________
Ted
2000 Green ZX12 sold
The fast color!!
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS

  Ignore this member   
worm~hole


Needs a life
Miles to go before I sleep....
Posts: 10623
posted August 05, 2007 07:46 PM        
...Reno PD, huh?...you and Lt. Dangle?
  Ignore this member   
TedG


Moderator
Posts: 8222
posted August 05, 2007 09:38 PM        
quote:
...Reno PD, huh?...you and Lt. Dangle?

?????
____________
Ted
2000 Green ZX12 sold
The fast color!!
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS

  Ignore this member   
swft


Needs a life
Full throttle!
Posts: One MEEEEEELLION
posted August 06, 2007 06:41 AM        
Reno 911
____________
82 Gpz750, 84 Ninja 900, 2000 ZX12R (Muzzy Big Bore Kit), *another* 2000 ZX12R (Muzzy custom stroke crank 1341cc motor), 2004 ZZR1200, 2005 ZX10R, 2007 ZX14, 2008 Concours 14, 2014 Versys 650, 2014 Yamaha WR450F, 2015 Ninja H2


  Ignore this member   
wii


Parking Attendant
Posts: 23
posted August 26, 2007 10:24 AM        
I see a bunch of ST13 police bikes in my area. I've talked with a couple of them 2 by choice and 1 by accident errr yeah accident.

Overall they seemed to like them alot.

  Ignore this member   
R6Richard


Novice Class
Posts: 36
posted August 26, 2007 06:30 PM        
The ST13 was tried by the Vancouver Police Dept and rejected because of fairing interference when riding over curbs.
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CONCOURS14.com > Thread: C-14P NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed


Copyright 2000-2026 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.22985601425171 seconds processing time