AllStingNoBling

Expert Class
Posts: 128
|
posted July 30, 2007 06:06 PM
Edited By: AllStingNoBling on 30 Jul 2007 19:12
Being 26 years old...
...Does that make me the youngest fella to put an order on a Concours 14?
Not only was I the first in my area to man up, and place an order on one, but I might be the youngest overall, from what I've seen.
Two weeks, two LONG weeks to go...

One of the things I love the most is the reactions of most of my friends. They look at me, furrow their collective brow and go, "Why?"
Why? Because I want a motorcycle, and not a toy for the track, that's why
|
tweaked_eye

Novice Class
Posts: 53
|
posted July 30, 2007 08:37 PM
I think you can score older women now. LOL
|
AllStingNoBling

Expert Class
Posts: 128
|
posted July 30, 2007 08:58 PM
Edited By: AllStingNoBling on 30 Jul 2007 21:59
quote: I think you can score older women now. LOL
HAHA!
I can see it now....
"Hey baby, why don't you hike up your Depends, and straddle this big silver beast for me. Yeah, that's nice."
Actually, one of my major factors of consideration to stepping up the Concours 14 was finding a bike that my wife will find comfortable, but still be a blast for me to ride.
My current bike (for sale, BTW ) is a Buell XB9S, riding it two up is an exercise in trust, to say the least.
|
mustmoto

Expert Class
e-famous
Posts: 230
|
posted August 01, 2007 07:31 AM
quote:
One of the things I love the most is the reactions of most of my friends. They look at me, furrow their collective brow and go, "Why?"
Why? Because I want a motorcycle, and not a toy for the track, that's why
Their "Why?"s will soon turn to "How?"s or "How the hell?"s or maybe even "What the F?!?"s when you going riding with them.
Congrats! You're gonna love it.
|
AllStingNoBling

Expert Class
Posts: 128
|
posted August 07, 2007 08:34 PM
Out with the old, in with the 14!
Well, it looks like I found somebody to take my XB9S off my hands. That means I'm getting the Concours 14 on Friday.
Hell Yeah!
|
tweaked_eye

Novice Class
Posts: 53
|
posted August 08, 2007 07:19 AM
quote: Well, it looks like I found somebody to take my XB9S off my hands. That means I'm getting the Concours 14 on Friday.
Hell Yeah!
Stop by the old folks home and find yourself a riding gal.....
|
Wii

Parking Attendant
Posts: 23
|
posted August 23, 2007 06:07 AM
Edited By: Wii on 23 Aug 2007 07:08
2/28/81 here.
I was ready to get out of the sportbike scene. The daily commute was killing me.
Nice gear
|
AllStingNoBling

Expert Class
Posts: 128
|
posted August 23, 2007 08:49 AM
quote: 2/28/81 here.
I was ready to get out of the sportbike scene. The daily commute was killing me.
Nice gear
What can I say, I spent all my money on the bike
|
phytrax

Zone Head
Posts: 526
|
posted August 26, 2007 04:26 AM
Riding a bagger like this never gets old. Some of the best fun I have on my 14 is toying with guys on other sport bikes and seeing the look on their face. A lot of them know what the 14 is all about but many are completely thrown off by the bags and think they are gonna teach me something. Usually have a friendly chat with them afterwards so it's all good fun. Rode some twisties a couple times with 5 guys on liter bikes and naked bikes. Made them sick when I passed them in the turns and then carried the front wheel a little ways just to rub it in. They were fairly weak riders obviously, but it's still fun.
____________
Concourse14- Corbin Seat, Candy Apple Red Paint, Area P Slip-On
RIP+ZX-14- Brock's Gen3, Heli Risers, Corbin Bags, Corbin Seat and Oval Backrest (Burgandy Snakeskin and black alligator), Muzzys Frame Sliders, flies out, 18t front sprocket, PC3, Puig Double Bubble, Pirelli Diablo Strada's
KX450F - kickstand
>>> MySpace --CLICK-- <<<
|
princesskiwi

Administrator
MISTRESS of SMACK
Posts: 7688
|
posted August 27, 2007 08:03 AM
Being on the back of the Concours hurts my lower back and my knees.
AllStingNoBling - let me know what your wife thinks about the ride on the back.
|
AllStingNoBling

Expert Class
Posts: 128
|
posted August 27, 2007 08:39 AM
quote: Being on the back of the Concours hurts my lower back and my knees.
AllStingNoBling - let me know what your wife thinks about the ride on the back.
So far, she has no complaints at all. In fact, she absolutely loves it! For further information: the Wifey is 5'4", 112 lbs. The only thing she had to get used to was not being pressed against me while riding - as our old bike's (2003 Buell XB9S) accommodations necessitated such a position.
Brenda, my wife, also finds the suspension excellent as well.
I've asked asked her what she thinks, and according to her the smoothness is incredible. Also, the angle of her knees was perfect. Maybe the engineers at Kawasaki assumed most people who would buy this motorcycle would be married men, and that most women fall between 5'6" range +/- three or so inches. One can also assume that knowing this motorcycle would see service around the world, they might of figured that was the average height of women across the bike's area of operation. Well, that's just speculation, but that's how I would've done it.
Either way Kawasaki hit the nail on the head, because Mrs. AllStingNoBling loves it
|
princesskiwi

Administrator
MISTRESS of SMACK
Posts: 7688
|
posted August 27, 2007 10:08 AM
I am almost 5'8 - with a size 8 boot and I can just not get comfortable on the back!
I don't think I would be able to climb up on to the back if I was shorter.
As it is I haven't found a way to get on and off the bike without stumbling/grunting and making myself laugh!!
|
stevewfl

Moderator
Posts: 27920
|
posted August 27, 2007 11:09 AM
quote:
One of the things I love the most is the reactions of most of my friends. They look at me, furrow their collective brow and go, "Why?"
Why? Because I want a motorcycle, and not a toy for the track, that's why
Nothing wrong with having a track bike for raging fun in addition to having a big huge street bike.
____________
2010 Concours14
'08 R1 YAMAHA
ZX14 gone!
CBR600RR track bike
|
phytrax

Zone Head
Posts: 526
|
posted August 27, 2007 02:17 PM
Edited By: phytrax on 27 Aug 2007 15:19
princesskiwi,
Not sure if you've ridden on the back of the ZX-14 but the wife never had any complaints and she's 5'7". She hated riding on the GSX-R1000 though. Only made 1 ride, 15 min. Consequently the girlfriend likes being on the back of the ZX-14 too, and she's 6'1". She's fine for over an hour at least so far... well she's always fine. Went to Gulfport and Biloxi a few weeks ago with her, also went to Hattiesburg, MS, all over 1hr.
____________
Concourse14- Corbin Seat, Candy Apple Red Paint, Area P Slip-On
RIP+ZX-14- Brock's Gen3, Heli Risers, Corbin Bags, Corbin Seat and Oval Backrest (Burgandy Snakeskin and black alligator), Muzzys Frame Sliders, flies out, 18t front sprocket, PC3, Puig Double Bubble, Pirelli Diablo Strada's
KX450F - kickstand
>>> MySpace --CLICK-- <<<
|
princesskiwi

Administrator
MISTRESS of SMACK
Posts: 7688
|
posted August 27, 2007 04:50 PM
phytrax - most of my time on the ZX14 I was riding it - I was on the back a couple of times - but not for very long. The 14 is way too much fun to ride to want to be on the back of!
The 14 was fine being on the back of - the lack of bags saddle bags gave me more options as to how I could sit on the back. More wiggle room - it's amazing how important being able to wiggle (just a little bit) becomes after a couple of hours!
|
stevewfl

Moderator
Posts: 27920
|
posted August 27, 2007 07:44 PM
I never have complaints with ladies on the back of the 14 either. My complaint is having to DISSASEMBLE the rear of the bike every time. And riding around with noone on the back of the 14 and the seat cowl off is uber
  
____________
2010 Concours14
'08 R1 YAMAHA
ZX14 gone!
CBR600RR track bike
|
phytrax

Zone Head
Posts: 526
|
posted August 28, 2007 03:23 AM
I know what you mean about being able to wiggle. Girlfriend likes to do it at stoplights when I'm not ready, lol.
I never saw the point of seat cowls myself.
____________
Concourse14- Corbin Seat, Candy Apple Red Paint, Area P Slip-On
RIP+ZX-14- Brock's Gen3, Heli Risers, Corbin Bags, Corbin Seat and Oval Backrest (Burgandy Snakeskin and black alligator), Muzzys Frame Sliders, flies out, 18t front sprocket, PC3, Puig Double Bubble, Pirelli Diablo Strada's
KX450F - kickstand
>>> MySpace --CLICK-- <<<
|
AllStingNoBling

Expert Class
Posts: 128
|
posted August 28, 2007 10:33 AM
quote:
quote:
One of the things I love the most is the reactions of most of my friends. They look at me, furrow their collective brow and go, "Why?"
Why? Because I want a motorcycle, and not a toy for the track, that's why
Nothing wrong with having a track bike for raging fun in addition to having a big huge street bike.
I can't have two bikes at this point
In an ideal world:
I'd have a C-14, a KLR650, and whatever sportbike gets my attention for track use.
Oh well, one down, two to go
|
phytrax

Zone Head
Posts: 526
|
posted August 28, 2007 01:58 PM
KLR650 is cheap enough. Great bike if you have places to dual sport but I don't get much use out of mine. No one near me goes dual sporting either. I get a lot more use out of my MX bike. I hear the new KLR650 is a lot better on the highway, mine sucks past 70mph. Tried to take it to the track, like to killed me, lol. Suspension is nothing like a MX bike and the weight is brutal. The bike throws you around like a rag doll whenever you land a jump.
____________
Concourse14- Corbin Seat, Candy Apple Red Paint, Area P Slip-On
RIP+ZX-14- Brock's Gen3, Heli Risers, Corbin Bags, Corbin Seat and Oval Backrest (Burgandy Snakeskin and black alligator), Muzzys Frame Sliders, flies out, 18t front sprocket, PC3, Puig Double Bubble, Pirelli Diablo Strada's
KX450F - kickstand
>>> MySpace --CLICK-- <<<
|
|
|