HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > BIKE CHAT > Thread: False Neutrals NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
beansbaxter


Needs a life
Posts: 5911
posted December 08, 2005 10:26 AM        
False Neutrals

I'm just curious as to what causes false neutrals and if there is anything that will reduce the likelihood of them happening?

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit beansbaxter's homepage. 
jimzx9r


Expert Class
Posts: 451
posted December 08, 2005 01:30 PM        
I've never had any that weren't my own fault.

Do you mean while shifting, or the dreaded kawi 2nd gear where it blows out of 2nd even when it's already all the way in and you're on the throttle hard?


  Ignore this member   
foxylady


Expert Class
Posts: 122
posted December 08, 2005 03:21 PM        
I have a problem with my ZX6 that just started this year, I will think it is in neutral, the neutral light will be on, it will roll back and forth freely but when I go to start it there is just a 'clunk' and it will not start, I have to put it back in gear roll it back or forwards, take it out of gear again, then it will usually start. Not sure why it does this but was getting worse near the end of the season. Other than that no other problems.
  Ignore this member   
MAXIMUS


Needs a job
Posts: 4156
posted December 08, 2005 05:01 PM        Edited By: MAXIMUS on 8 Dec 2005 17:01
My 2003 zx 12 r does that, it feels like it goes into second then you hit the gas and nothing happens just like if you was in nuetral, but the nuetral light never comes on.
  Ignore this member   
CrotchRocket


Moderator
Bracket Racing with Betsy
Posts: 8038
posted December 09, 2005 11:52 AM        
False nuetrals happen when you lazily shift into gear...

foxy, that sounds like a problem...Before you take it in to get checked out, change your oil and put in RedLine 10-40 synthetic...I bet it clears up if not then you know the tranny needs work...
____________
Jason Miller StreetBike Seminars

*****DragRacers do it better, because they dont cut Corners*****

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit CrotchRocket's homepage. 
foxylady


Expert Class
Posts: 122
posted December 09, 2005 02:30 PM        
ya, it is parked for the winter now, just waiting to get into our new house, should be able to move in this weekend, then I will be putting it right into the basement where I can work on it in the warmth rather than the garage. I have been using a semi-synthetic but it has not helped. I am wondering if it is a clutch problem, like it is not disengaging properly??
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > BIKE CHAT > Thread: False Neutrals NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed


Copyright 2000-2026 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.31450986862183 seconds processing time