HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: 06 head bolt torque, tips needed NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
krexken


Zone Head
Posts: 732
posted September 30, 2007 05:43 PM        
06 head bolt torque, tips needed

Since I don't have the expertise to find or download a manual I can open, I need a little help. Gonna do the race intake cam, thin head gasket deal on a 06. Head bolt torque is the main thing I need but any tips would be appreciated. Think I'm gonna pull the engine since I'll be degreeing cams also and hopefully it'll make it easier. Any help is much appreciated.

  Ignore this member   
sextaafondo


Parking Attendant
Posts: 17
posted October 01, 2007 06:10 AM        
Krexken,
the order of bolt lossening for disassemble is as follows:
from LEFT to RIGHT, front row bolts (exhaust side) : 5-9-11-7-3-1
rear row bolts (intake side): 6-10-12-8-4-2
Take the bolts out in the order given by the numbers.

The sequence for tightening is as follows:
from LEFT to RIGHT, front row: 8-4-2-6-10-12
rear row: 7-3-1-5-9-11
Torque bolts M10: first: 20 N-m (2 Kgf-m, 15 ft-lb)
final (used bolts) : 57 N-m (5.8 Kgf-m, 42 ft-lb)
Torque bolts M6 (11 and 12) : 12 N-m (1.2 Kgf-m, 106 in-lb)

Tips..a lot; the most important: be carefull not to lose anything (dowel pins, etc) and don“t forget any part during reassemble; take notes of everything you might not remember later, and take photographs, you may need them if you are in doubt with something.
Regards
Pablo

  Ignore this member   
krexken


Zone Head
Posts: 732
posted October 01, 2007 01:53 PM        
Muchas gracias, Pablo.
  Ignore this member   
Infiltrator


Parking Attendant
Posts: 2
posted October 05, 2007 09:30 AM        
The 06-07 Service Manual can be downloaded here.

http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=other&file=Kawasaki_1_.Ninja_ZX_10R_Service.Manual_2006_2007_.pdf

  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: 06 head bolt torque, tips needed NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed


Copyright 2000-2026 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.21312618255615 seconds processing time