HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: ZX14 Calipers installed on a 2004 ZX10!!!!Pics too!!!! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
zx1kr


Pro
Posts: 1301
posted October 10, 2006 05:28 PM        Edited By: zx1kr on 10 Oct 2006 20:48
ZX14 Calipers installed on a 2004 ZX10!!!!Pics too!!!!

Well, they're on! They are PHENOMENAL!!! I don't think it'd get any better with 1500.00 calipers. I've got scary good brakes!!! These puppies will stop me as fast as I'll ever be able to take advantage of!!!!!!!!!!!
PHOTOS










____________

  Ignore this member   
D


Needs a job
Posts: 3365
posted October 10, 2006 07:24 PM        
Standard 10 rotors I assume?

Standard 10 master?

Answers dammit, we need answers!!!

  Ignore this member   
zx1kr


Pro
Posts: 1301
posted October 10, 2006 07:53 PM        
quote:
Standard 10 rotors I assume?

Standard 10 master?

Answers dammit, we need answers!!!


That's a big NEGATIVE on both!

Galfer Waves & Brembo Radial master 19x18.
galfer S.S. Superbike lines.

I've got about an extra 1 to 1.5 inches of length on the lines due to diff. position of banjo bolt on caliper. Not something that I would consider a problem
____________

  Ignore this member   
D


Needs a job
Posts: 3365
posted October 11, 2006 06:50 AM        
But they are 10R parts - right?

I'm likin that look alot better too - think I need me some O them.

  Ignore this member   
zx1kr


Pro
Posts: 1301
posted October 11, 2006 04:44 PM        
Everything is 10r except the calipers.
____________

  Ignore this member   
fastestbusaaround


Needs a life
I eat Fish...
Posts: 7889
posted October 12, 2006 05:41 PM        
What was involved? Same hard brake effect as the 14 has? Same lever travel too?
____________
FYYFF!!!

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit FastestBusaAround's homepage. 
Big Daddy


Zone Head
Posts: 616
posted October 13, 2006 07:22 AM        
zx1kr

I'm curious if you replaced the rotors, ss-lines, radial MC prior to mounting the zx14 calipers or was it a all at once total package install?? what i'm wanting to know is how much of a diff did the calipers alone make if decernable??

BD

  Ignore this member   
GUNNER


Needs a life
Posts: 5778
posted October 13, 2006 07:41 AM        
BD.................I do believe he already had those other parts you mentioned. If you notice the above pics The lines are already on the stock calipers and in fact on the top picture the stock left is still mounted on the bike..
  Ignore this member   
Big Daddy


Zone Head
Posts: 616
posted October 13, 2006 12:37 PM        
Ok so only the calipers were the latest change that left him WOA!!

BD

  Ignore this member   
zx1kr


Pro
Posts: 1301
posted October 13, 2006 04:45 PM        
quote:
What was involved? Same hard brake effect as the 14 has? Same lever travel too?


No,
This particular set-up(w/ the mods I listed) is Better READ: Much Better than the ZX14. You can stand this puppy on it's head w/ 1 finger. Less lever travel than the 14. You have better brakes than the motor has power!
____________

  Ignore this member   
fastestbusaaround


Needs a life
I eat Fish...
Posts: 7889
posted October 13, 2006 07:24 PM        
That's pretty serious braking. Stock 10R has poor feel on the lever...must put a lot of fist into it to get it to brake hard. Question Bill, can you just install the calipers from a 14 right on to the 10 or do you have to mod the brackets -- and if I did that, would it work as well as the 14 or do I have to do other mods? I hate the current brake feel on it....my R1 has the same feel as the 14 and that's what I want on the 10. I have stainless lines on there now, but it hasn't done jack for the brakes.
____________
FYYFF!!!

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit FastestBusaAround's homepage. 
GUNNER


Needs a life
Posts: 5778
posted October 13, 2006 07:27 PM        
I priced new 14 calipers at the dealer today and they can be had for right at 400.00 for the set.. Not too bad for brand new units
  Ignore this member   
Big Daddy


Zone Head
Posts: 616
posted October 14, 2006 02:46 PM        
quote:
zx1kr

I'm curious if you replaced the rotors, ss-lines, radial MC prior to mounting the zx14 calipers or was it a all at once total package install?? what i'm wanting to know is how much of a diff did the calipers alone make if decernable??

BD


ahem zx1kr???

BD

  Ignore this member   
bovinespongiformencephalo


Pro
variant Kreutzfeldt-Jakob
Posts: 1060
posted October 15, 2006 01:32 PM        
Hey BD, why don't you roll your gaudy, Buell wanabe eyesore back over to 10R.net and moderate the little tiffs that break out over which color Pazzo lever is the blingiest? Besides, I really doubt some clueless punk ass bitch that corrects an oversize banjo bolt with extra crush washers and thinks stickier tires are dangerous is going to be taking advantage of improved braking.

Whoa! Where did THAT come from? I gotta lay off the energy drinks.

  Ignore this member   
dubious


Needs a life
Needs more time to ride!
Posts: 8442
posted October 15, 2006 02:23 PM        
Likely the brembo m/c AND the calipers made the biggest difference.

rotors make a difference in feel, when going to wave, but rotor diameter is what makes big changes in power when exchanging rotors, those galfer rotors are likely stock diameter, waves as I didn't notice any offset spacers.

  Ignore this member   
big daddy


Zone Head
Posts: 616
posted October 16, 2006 06:52 PM        
quote:
Hey BD, why don't you roll your gaudy, Buell wanabe eyesore back over to 10R.net and moderate the little tiffs that break out over which color Pazzo lever is the blingiest? Besides, I really doubt some clueless punk ass bitch that corrects an oversize banjo bolt with extra crush washers and thinks stickier tires are dangerous is going to be taking advantage of improved braking.

Whoa! Where did THAT come from? I gotta lay off the energy drinks.


came from your typical rude ass thats where, oh but then we all know that so pffttt.

BTW MR Asshat, or is that Assclown..... don't matter as either moniker fits f'sho and its none of your business where i post and about what as you weren't spoken to.

Now if you care to find out if i can use my Buell wannabe bike with 1 xtra crush washer that performs just the same as it would without bring your asshat to my neighborhood and i'll kindly send you home in a daze pal.

BD

  Ignore this member   
fastestbusaaround


Needs a life
I eat Fish...
Posts: 7889
posted October 16, 2006 07:38 PM        

____________
FYYFF!!!

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit FastestBusaAround's homepage. 
zx1kr


Pro
Posts: 1301
posted October 17, 2006 03:35 PM        
quote:
That's pretty serious braking. Stock 10R has poor feel on the lever...must put a lot of fist into it to get it to brake hard. Question Bill, can you just install the calipers from a 14 right on to the 10 or do you have to mod the brackets -- and if I did that, would it work as well as the 14 or do I have to do other mods? I hate the current brake feel on it....my R1 has the same feel as the 14 and that's what I want on the 10. I have stainless lines on there now, but it hasn't done jack for the brakes.


I had the Galfer rotors on the bike before I did the calipers. You should have no problem installing the Calipers on a stock ZX10r. Though, the radial brembo master was also a huge improvment, the finishing touch was the ZX14 calipers.

Again these are a bolt on item. Plug & play!
____________

  Ignore this member   
zx1kr


Pro
Posts: 1301
posted October 17, 2006 03:44 PM        
quote:
quote:
zx1kr

I'm curious if you replaced the rotors, ss-lines, radial MC prior to mounting the zx14 calipers or was it a all at once total package install?? what i'm wanting to know is how much of a diff did the calipers alone make if decernable??

BD


ahem zx1kr???

BD


Calipers were a substantial difference just by themselves. Are the worth the swap? For me they were!
____________

  Ignore this member   
fastestbusaaround


Needs a life
I eat Fish...
Posts: 7889
posted October 17, 2006 03:51 PM        
Just doing the calipers...was there anything to do besides bolting them on and bleeding?
____________
FYYFF!!!

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit FastestBusaAround's homepage. 
zx1kr


Pro
Posts: 1301
posted October 17, 2006 07:32 PM        
quote:
Just doing the calipers...was there anything to do besides bolting them on and bleeding?



Nada!
____________

  Ignore this member   
fastestbusaaround


Needs a life
I eat Fish...
Posts: 7889
posted October 17, 2006 08:13 PM        
Thanks!
____________
FYYFF!!!

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit FastestBusaAround's homepage. 
bovinespongiformencephalo


Pro
variant Kreutzfeldt-Jakob
Posts: 1060
posted October 17, 2006 10:10 PM        
quote:
quote:
Hey BD, why don't you roll your gaudy, Buell wanabe eyesore back over to 10R.net and moderate the little tiffs that break out over which color Pazzo lever is the blingiest? Besides, I really doubt some clueless punk ass bitch that corrects an oversize banjo bolt with extra crush washers and thinks stickier tires are dangerous is going to be taking advantage of improved braking.

Whoa! Where did THAT come from? I gotta lay off the energy drinks.


came from your typical rude ass thats where, oh but then we all know that so pffttt.

BTW MR Asshat, or is that Assclown..... don't matter as either moniker fits f'sho and its none of your business where i post and about what as you weren't spoken to.

Now if you care to find out if i can use my Buell wannabe bike with 1 xtra crush washer that performs just the same as it would without bring your asshat to my neighborhood and i'll kindly send you home in a daze pal.

BD


It's Mr. Proud Assclown to you, felchbreath. If you ask on this forum, someone might be willing to help you fix that rolling testament to your bad taste and stupidity. I'll give you a hint: "Bolt length."

PS: Don't get all flustered. I only know you from your cowardly little bitch online persona. I'm almost certain your don't have tantrums, pout, and wear girls' undergarments in real life.

  Ignore this member   
zx1kr


Pro
Posts: 1301
posted October 18, 2006 08:23 PM        


It's Mr. Proud Assclown to you, felchbreath. If you ask on this forum, someone might be willing to help you fix that rolling testament to your bad taste and stupidity. I'll give you a hint: "Bolt length."

PS: Don't get all flustered. I only know you from your cowardly little bitch online persona. I'm almost certain your don't have tantrums, pout, and wear girls' undergarments in real life.



Did I miss something here?

____________

  Ignore this member   
GUNNER


Needs a life
Posts: 5778
posted October 18, 2006 09:02 PM        
It's spilling over from zx-10r.net.... It has nothing to do with this thread
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: ZX14 Calipers installed on a 2004 ZX10!!!!Pics too!!!! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed


Copyright 2000-2026 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.30069994926453 seconds processing time