aliveagain

Needs a life
Posts: 5033
|
posted August 27, 2011 03:29 PM
worm gear hose clamp
I am looking for a clamp to fit a 3/8 hose. I need to have the gear running parallel to the hose unlike the normal perpendicular kind. Anyone ever seen such a clamp?
____________
I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me.
|
dougmeyer

Needs a job
moderated
Posts: 2713
|
posted August 28, 2011 07:49 PM
Huh? Better draw picture of that one.
____________
It's not that I think you're dumb, it's just that so much of what you know isn't true....
|
aliveagain

Needs a life
Posts: 5033
|
posted August 29, 2011 08:41 AM
All clamps that I have seen have the worm gear running inline with the band. In this application, I won't be able to get in to tighten it. What I need is a worm gear that is perpendicular to the band or parallel to the hose. I am not sure they even make such a thing but figured with all the knowledge here, I might get lucky.
____________
I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me.
|
Paul2281
Expert Class
Posts: 147
|
posted August 29, 2011 02:19 PM
Never seen one before either...Might try to Google it.....(worm gear clamps)....
|
dougmeyer

Needs a job
moderated
Posts: 2713
|
posted August 29, 2011 06:17 PM
Well it COULD be done, But I've never seen one. I just checked "Ideal" Clamps. They're the biggest mfg. of clamps and I didn't see one at first glance.
____________
It's not that I think you're dumb, it's just that so much of what you know isn't true....
|
KZScott

Needs a life
high on speed
Posts: 7235
|
posted August 29, 2011 06:48 PM
none on mcmaster carr as far as i could tell. what about this?
http://www.mcmaster.com/#hose-and-tube-clamps/=du5wws
____________
01 ZX-12R 8.84 @ 156.3 no bars, DOT tires. Pump Gas, NA.... turbo 8.47 @ 164.
00 ZX-12R 8.62 @ 165.2 no bars, slicks, Pump Gas, 55 shot.... turbo 8.32 @173
00 ZX-12R Fastest NA Kawasaki in the world 1: 222.046 1.5: 226.390 Loring AFB
00 ZX-12R street turbo 1: 227.9 1.5: 234.1 Loring AFB
00 ZX-12R LSR turbo 1: 263.1 1.5: 266.5 Loring AFB Worlds fastest ZX-12R
CMG Racing RCC Turbos
|
aliveagain

Needs a life
Posts: 5033
|
posted August 30, 2011 05:49 PM
Turns out I was able to use a crimp style clamp and get in there with a set of dikems(side cutters).
____________
I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me.
|
|
|