HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > DRAGBIKE ZONE.com > Thread: been awhile/need a battery NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
aliveagain


Needs a life
Posts: 5033
posted September 26, 2008 06:09 AM        
been awhile/need a battery

I just googled the topic and it is spread out quite a bit on batteries mostly from 5-6 yrs ago.Whats working on,who has what? Interstate,Odyssey or Deka ? Anything new?
____________
I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me.

  Ignore this member   
shiphteey


Needs a job
Posts: 2529
posted September 26, 2008 11:45 AM        Edited By: shiphteey on 26 Sep 2008 19:45
We put the Odyssey in the 1427 at the shop, worked much better, significantly more cca than stock, a little pricier but worth it. I'm still on the stock one surprisingly although I bought my y2k in 2005. Don't try the YTX5....7 lb lighter than stock...you get ONE try at firing the motor and its DONE, even w/out headlights & tail lights draining the battery....approx 1/3 the cca required.

Paging MAD MIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A.
____________
Gemini Motorcycles

Topping out everything from Ninja 250s to nitrous ZX-14s.

  Ignore this member   
KZScott


Needs a life
high on speed
Posts: 7235
posted September 26, 2008 12:15 PM        
Mike has the hookup on interstate
____________
01 ZX-12R 8.84 @ 156.3 no bars, DOT tires. Pump Gas, NA.... turbo 8.47 @ 164.
00 ZX-12R 8.62 @ 165.2 no bars, slicks, Pump Gas, 55 shot.... turbo 8.32 @173
00 ZX-12R Fastest NA Kawasaki in the world 1: 222.046 1.5: 226.390 Loring AFB
00 ZX-12R street turbo 1: 227.9 1.5: 234.1 Loring AFB
00 ZX-12R LSR turbo 1: 263.1 1.5: 266.5 Loring AFB Worlds fastest ZX-12R
CMG Racing RCC Turbos

  Ignore this member   
aliveagain


Needs a life
Posts: 5033
posted September 26, 2008 12:50 PM        
quote:
We put the Odyssey in the 1427 at the shop, worked much better, significantly more cca than stock, a little pricier but worth it. I'm still on the stock one surprisingly although I bought my y2k in 2005. Don't try the YTX5....7 lb lighter than stock...you get ONE try at firing the motor and its DONE, even w/out headlights & tail lights draining the battery....approx 1/3 the cca required.

Paging MAD MIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A.

Are you running a 24v system with the 1427?What mod. # Odyssey battery?I emailed Mike and haven,t heard from him.
____________
I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me.

  Ignore this member   
KZScott


Needs a life
high on speed
Posts: 7235
posted September 26, 2008 01:23 PM        
Mikes busy with the new baby im suspecting
fwiw i put in a yusa 20. 18 amp compared to the stock 14 amp. bike runs better, starts easier, and its running more electronics. i had to cut a bunch of plastic from the battery tray to get it to fit, but its in lol. i was strapped for time and bought it locally for close to $100(double what i should have). i dont have super high compression on my 1287, just a bit over stock, but hot starts are not a problem on 12v so far
____________
01 ZX-12R 8.84 @ 156.3 no bars, DOT tires. Pump Gas, NA.... turbo 8.47 @ 164.
00 ZX-12R 8.62 @ 165.2 no bars, slicks, Pump Gas, 55 shot.... turbo 8.32 @173
00 ZX-12R Fastest NA Kawasaki in the world 1: 222.046 1.5: 226.390 Loring AFB
00 ZX-12R street turbo 1: 227.9 1.5: 234.1 Loring AFB
00 ZX-12R LSR turbo 1: 263.1 1.5: 266.5 Loring AFB Worlds fastest ZX-12R
CMG Racing RCC Turbos

  Ignore this member   
NOX


Needs a job
PMRA / TMRC Super Street 4022
Posts: 3745
posted September 26, 2008 01:38 PM        
I have always run yuasa...., but, running walmart brand right now......., had to buy one in an emergency......

I like the yuasa better i think, but both work fine on my stocker.........
____________
42 Wins
21 Runner-ups
2010 TMRC Super Street Points Champion
2010 PMRA Super Street #3 Points
2009 PMRA Super Street Points Runner-Up
6 Time Centerville Dragway Points Champion
Sponsored by:
Scorpion Helmets
Galfer Braking
AMSOIL
Steve's Speed Shop
Kawasaki Sports Center
Mickey Thompson Tires
Catalyst Racing Composites
Conway Cycle
Syed Leathers

  Ignore this member   
shiphteey


Needs a job
Posts: 2529
posted September 26, 2008 04:38 PM        
I believe 24V but I will double check tomorrow with Rick.

A.
____________
Gemini Motorcycles

Topping out everything from Ninja 250s to nitrous ZX-14s.

  Ignore this member   
aliveagain


Needs a life
Posts: 5033
posted September 26, 2008 06:17 PM        
I read in googling batteries that someone used a 14v dewalt to get 24v starting system.Sounds nice and small but wish I could see what was used to wire it in.Needs to be removable for recharging.
Shiphtey,does your friend have the special charger also for the Odyssey.
____________
I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me.

  Ignore this member   
shiphteey


Needs a job
Posts: 2529
posted September 27, 2008 05:55 AM        
Hey AA, looked up the guy's ticket, turns out he decided against the Odyssey even though he wanted them initially. HE went with FAYTX20HL-PW....2 lbs heavier than stock but about 100 cca more JUICE! He is actually still on the 12V system. What is your compression on your stroker? He's pump gas, normal compression, went 203 at Maxton.

A.
____________
Gemini Motorcycles

Topping out everything from Ninja 250s to nitrous ZX-14s.

  Ignore this member   
Megabyte


Pro
Posts: 1047
posted July 05, 2011 02:27 PM        
quote:
I just googled the topic and it is spread out quite a bit on batteries mostly from 5-6 yrs ago.Whats working on,who has what? Interstate,Odyssey or Deka ? Anything new?


After 8 years, my YTX20-BS (270 CCA) died. Good battery, but had hot starting problems. I decided to try the Xtreme X20HBS (310 CCA,). I had the sales lady verify the battery voltage and CCA b4 buying it. So far so good, and no hot starting problems yet...
____________
We First make our habits and then our habits make us.

  Ignore this member   
tshultz


Zone Head
Posts: 556
posted July 05, 2011 05:50 PM        
Deka my cousin works there
  Ignore this member   
ZX12-5807


Expert Class
Posts: 137
posted July 05, 2011 09:39 PM        
I am running a shorai battery in my SBM 1320 motor. No problems yet. Check it out at http://www.shoraipower.com/s-69227-ZX12R-all.aspx . I am using the LFX18A1-BS12 which is 7.2 lbs lighter than stock.
____________
2001 ZX12 1287cc
2001 ZX12 1317cc Lee's head

  Ignore this member   
Y2KZX12R


Needs a job
CompetitionCNC.com
Posts: 3762
posted July 06, 2011 09:57 AM        
Pete, buy a Batery Tender Plus along with that battery so you dont have to buy anymore batteries again.

There $40 on line and it will pay for it self.
____________
Y2KZX12R
CompetitionCNC.com

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit Y2KZX12R's homepage. 
aliveagain


Needs a life
Posts: 5033
posted July 08, 2011 01:43 PM        
I am not around this site much but I laughed at the original post date.
____________
I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me.

  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > DRAGBIKE ZONE.com > Thread: been awhile/need a battery NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed


Copyright 2000-2026 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.30887889862061 seconds processing time