HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > DRAGBIKE ZONE.com > Thread: bolt on extensions or 6 inch arm ? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
burton


Novice Class
Posts: 80
posted August 18, 2004 12:29 PM        
bolt on extensions or 6 inch arm ?

have a 2004 12r and i am going to bracket race it, my question is which is better a 6 inch arm or a set of bolt on extensions like spencer sells the bike is manley driven on the street. any help and advice would sure be nice. burt

  Ignore this member   
1bad12r


Zone Head
Posts: 567
posted August 18, 2004 01:31 PM        
To me that would depend on your money. How much do you wanna spend ? I got a trac 4" with a built in air tank, and i love it ! Still got all my room in my trunk, its polished, and an air tank too. Just depends on how much you wanting to spend.
____________
768 Ryderz
------------


  Ignore this member   
NINJA12


Needs a job
Posts: 3310
posted August 19, 2004 06:15 AM        
I like the 3-4" arm on the street, 6 seems a little long FOR ME as a everyday street bike. Also it's hard to make the 6 hook-up on the street without a very good (fast wearing) tire. If you still like curves and want to play at the track i say bolt-ons, a few clip master links and a short length
of chain. When you find a length you like and want to stay there you can
always sell the bolts on and get a welded arm and new 1 piece chain.
Otherwise get a 0-6 and be done with it!
YOU WILL FIND ONE SPOT AND LEAVE IT 95% of the time.

  Ignore this member   
neiz15


Parking Attendant
Posts: 1
posted August 19, 2004 09:02 PM        
I was thinking about one or the other.....went with the extensions from exotic cycle. Johnny Turbo is great to deal with and you can see his turbo zx12 on dragbike.com. His extensions are a class act along with the inset axle braces. I also had him polish them to match the swingarm and man are they sweet. Another reason I went with them is that I also bracket race and want to street ride so I talked to Ryan Schnitz and he was running them on his zx9 street bike that ran an 8.97. So I went with them. I am at 4 3/4" and lowered 1 1/2" with adjustable links. I love the feel and won't go back unless I sell the bike one day.
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > DRAGBIKE ZONE.com > Thread: bolt on extensions or 6 inch arm ? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed


Copyright 2000-2026 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.22453904151917 seconds processing time