HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Bought a new jacket today NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
swft


Needs a life
Full throttle!
Posts: One MEEEEEELLION
posted October 17, 2003 08:32 PM        
Bought a new jacket today

Had to have something to replace my last gortex jacket. It was kind 'smoked' after I lost the front end on my ZZR at about 80-90 mph. Now that the bike's back together, I figured I had better get a new jacket. Seems like the Joe Rocket stuff gets better every year.

  Ignore this member   
frEEk


Administrator
ummm... yeah
Posts: 9660
posted October 18, 2003 12:41 AM        
i didnt realize u went down on the zzr. when was this? or did i just ferget already (wouldnt be surprising)? was it jsut staright goretex or goretex under ballistic nylon kinda deal? i cant imagine a regular goretex jacket would hold up worth a damn.
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit frEEk's homepage. 
Ninjaman12R


Needs a job
as a Deal's Gap tour guide.
Posts: 4767
posted October 18, 2003 04:20 AM        
Yep...

Swft,
Even though I've had a couple minor problems with Joe Rocket stuff over the years, I do like their products. I have 3 riding jackets & 2 of them are Joe Rocket. I just bought a new Meteor 4.0 and I tell ya, it's a pretty nice jacket. Especially when you look at the reasonable price. I've also got and older Meteor jacket that is 3 years old and still in great shape. But their products are definitely getting better as you say. This new jacket is way nicer than the older one.




BTW, I didn't recall reading anything about your get-off either. Sorry to hear that bro, hope all of your gear did it's job and you came out of it ok.
____________

What we're dealin' with here is a complete lack of respect for the law.

Sheriff Buford T. Justice of TEXAS

  Ignore this member   
swft


Needs a life
Full throttle!
Posts: One MEEEEEELLION
posted October 18, 2003 08:37 PM        
Freek - I went down about a month and a half ago, I guess. Had to replace the plastic and the subframe, bike was ok other than that. Found someone selling a complete set of plastic (and the gas tank) on ebay, so snapped that up. Now the bike's the 2003 Pearl Metallic Black, and no Corbin bags on it. Looks great! The jacket was the ballistic nylon kind. It lasted through a loooong slide, I ended up with a quarter sized road rash on my left elbow and another one on my left hip. That's bout it. Oh, I was one solid bruise from my left thigh to my left shoulder for a few days. Not much else to say bout it, cept I fucked up and the bike's back together.
____________
82 Gpz750, 84 Ninja 900, 2000 ZX12R (Muzzy Big Bore Kit), *another* 2000 ZX12R (Muzzy custom stroke crank 1341cc motor), 2004 ZZR1200, 2005 ZX10R, 2007 ZX14, 2008 Concours 14, 2014 Versys 650, 2014 Yamaha WR450F, 2015 Ninja H2


  Ignore this member   
frEEk


Administrator
ummm... yeah
Posts: 9660
posted October 19, 2003 12:23 AM        
glad it wasnt worse. sounds like u got off pretty good, all things considered. still, hurts to see ur baby all banged up eh? somehow the injuries dont bother me, its jsut hte bike & gear. how fucked up is that?
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit frEEk's homepage. 
swft


Needs a life
Full throttle!
Posts: One MEEEEEELLION
posted October 19, 2003 05:48 AM        
*grins* Just wait till you get older. You get reminded of those accidents every time you move.
____________
82 Gpz750, 84 Ninja 900, 2000 ZX12R (Muzzy Big Bore Kit), *another* 2000 ZX12R (Muzzy custom stroke crank 1341cc motor), 2004 ZZR1200, 2005 ZX10R, 2007 ZX14, 2008 Concours 14, 2014 Versys 650, 2014 Yamaha WR450F, 2015 Ninja H2


  Ignore this member   
Dino


Pro
Posts: 1422
posted October 19, 2003 08:38 AM        
I was gonna' say something about you falling down, but I figured if you wanted the info out there YOU would've done it

Does this qualify me for the super secret forum?
____________
uh oh

  Ignore this member   
swft


Needs a life
Full throttle!
Posts: One MEEEEEELLION
posted October 19, 2003 09:57 AM        
Ah, thanks Dino. Since I didn't wreck a 12, I didn't figure anyone here cared!

I let all the folks on the ZZR1200 board know tho, that was how I got the good deal on the new bodywork.
____________
82 Gpz750, 84 Ninja 900, 2000 ZX12R (Muzzy Big Bore Kit), *another* 2000 ZX12R (Muzzy custom stroke crank 1341cc motor), 2004 ZZR1200, 2005 ZX10R, 2007 ZX14, 2008 Concours 14, 2014 Versys 650, 2014 Yamaha WR450F, 2015 Ninja H2


  Ignore this member   
necro


Needs a job
My Grandma Is A Virgin
Posts: 2148
posted October 19, 2003 11:08 AM        
I am glad you're okay too swft.
____________
3829

  Ignore this member   
swft


Needs a life
Full throttle!
Posts: One MEEEEEELLION
posted October 19, 2003 07:50 PM        
Thanks. I think I pretty much screwed up my left shoulder (which was already screwed up) but nothing show up on xrays. So I'll wait awhile longer and see if it was just soft tissue damage, or something more 'mechanical'. If it persists, it'll prolly be the end of me racing, as I would be afraid of it 'letting go' under hard braking.
____________
82 Gpz750, 84 Ninja 900, 2000 ZX12R (Muzzy Big Bore Kit), *another* 2000 ZX12R (Muzzy custom stroke crank 1341cc motor), 2004 ZZR1200, 2005 ZX10R, 2007 ZX14, 2008 Concours 14, 2014 Versys 650, 2014 Yamaha WR450F, 2015 Ninja H2


  Ignore this member   
frEEk


Administrator
ummm... yeah
Posts: 9660
posted October 20, 2003 12:37 AM        
ugh, lets not have any of that shall we? i'll keep my fingers crossed fer yer shoulder.
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit frEEk's homepage. 
swft


Needs a life
Full throttle!
Posts: One MEEEEEELLION
posted October 23, 2003 08:09 AM        
Got to test the jacket in the rain yesterday. Works pretty good. Got a little moisture at the waist level, but I didn't have the jacket zipped to the pants, so that's to be expected. Very warm piece of kit!
____________
82 Gpz750, 84 Ninja 900, 2000 ZX12R (Muzzy Big Bore Kit), *another* 2000 ZX12R (Muzzy custom stroke crank 1341cc motor), 2004 ZZR1200, 2005 ZX10R, 2007 ZX14, 2008 Concours 14, 2014 Versys 650, 2014 Yamaha WR450F, 2015 Ninja H2


  Ignore this member   
Hells Dark Lord


Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
Posts: 7981
posted October 23, 2003 02:02 PM        
soory to hear ya dropped your ZZR....but am golad to see that you got a good replacement coat....
____________
When in doubt, lean farther and go faster....

  Ignore this member   
swft


Needs a life
Full throttle!
Posts: One MEEEEEELLION
posted October 23, 2003 05:59 PM        
The coolest thing is the real world test of the ballistic cloth proved just what I expected. It works...ONCE!
____________
82 Gpz750, 84 Ninja 900, 2000 ZX12R (Muzzy Big Bore Kit), *another* 2000 ZX12R (Muzzy custom stroke crank 1341cc motor), 2004 ZZR1200, 2005 ZX10R, 2007 ZX14, 2008 Concours 14, 2014 Versys 650, 2014 Yamaha WR450F, 2015 Ninja H2


  Ignore this member   
Hells Dark Lord


Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
Posts: 7981
posted October 25, 2003 03:59 AM        
that is what I figured swft......I have been thinking about picking up some nylone gear, Kelly and I are heading out to Ft Knox KY, and I am going to need some warmer riding gear...the perferated Joe Rocket isnt gonna cut it like it does here in southern GA.....keep me posted on how the Nylon rocket does for ya, i am interested in how it performs.....had good luck with my other rocket gear so far....
____________
When in doubt, lean farther and go faster....

  Ignore this member   
frEEk


Administrator
ummm... yeah
Posts: 9660
posted October 25, 2003 10:57 AM        
HDL, if ur looking for a comfortable touring suit, i think almost anyone will tell u the Aerostitch Roadcrafter suit is the best u can get. good to excellent protection & very comfy. the only thing is i think it only comes in a suit, so its not as convenient as a jacket.
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit frEEk's homepage. 
swft


Needs a life
Full throttle!
Posts: One MEEEEEELLION
posted October 25, 2003 04:16 PM        
Can't beat a 'stitch!
____________
82 Gpz750, 84 Ninja 900, 2000 ZX12R (Muzzy Big Bore Kit), *another* 2000 ZX12R (Muzzy custom stroke crank 1341cc motor), 2004 ZZR1200, 2005 ZX10R, 2007 ZX14, 2008 Concours 14, 2014 Versys 650, 2014 Yamaha WR450F, 2015 Ninja H2


  Ignore this member   
extremelean


Pro
Posts: 1651
posted October 25, 2003 05:07 PM        
I need some new winter/ rain gear....better go talk to my boss.....for testing ya know


  Ignore this member   
extremelean


Pro
Posts: 1651
posted October 25, 2003 05:09 PM        
I am thinking of an Aerostitch one piece suit.....anyone have any other sugestions???

I am also looking at the HeinGericke stuff


  Ignore this member   
frEEk


Administrator
ummm... yeah
Posts: 9660
posted October 25, 2003 08:26 PM        
my experience with my cycleport / motoport suit was prettu good. crashed well. but its not a comfy fit. it's a tight fit like race leathers. but they have alot of 2piece touring suits too. heard good things about those models.
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit frEEk's homepage. 
jonwright


Needs a job
Posts: 2416
posted October 25, 2003 09:04 PM        
Glad yer okay after yer getoff.
  Ignore this member   
swft


Needs a life
Full throttle!
Posts: One MEEEEEELLION
posted October 25, 2003 09:56 PM        
Thanks man. Now I just gotta get on with things, don't let the nagging hurts slow me down to much.
____________
82 Gpz750, 84 Ninja 900, 2000 ZX12R (Muzzy Big Bore Kit), *another* 2000 ZX12R (Muzzy custom stroke crank 1341cc motor), 2004 ZZR1200, 2005 ZX10R, 2007 ZX14, 2008 Concours 14, 2014 Versys 650, 2014 Yamaha WR450F, 2015 Ninja H2


  Ignore this member   
Hells Dark Lord


Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
Posts: 7981
posted October 26, 2003 04:53 AM        
will check in to it, but I am not wanting a one piece touring suit.......I want to be comfortable in it...Extreme, if you want wet weather gear...Frogg Toggs....they rock.......
____________
When in doubt, lean farther and go faster....

  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Bought a new jacket today NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed


Copyright 2000-2026 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.22607803344727 seconds processing time