HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Dented oil filter? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
deathpulse


Pro
Posts: 1688
posted September 20, 2003 06:57 PM        
Dented oil filter?

Hey guys - one more "oil question". I dented the end of my new oil filter today when I changed the oil. It happened because I had to use a "strap type" wrench - couldn't find my good filter wrench. The dent is slight, kind of like if you smushed the side in a little. Will this negatively effect the filter performance/should I not drive the bike till I get a new one?

  Ignore this member   
deathpulse


Pro
Posts: 1688
posted September 20, 2003 06:58 PM        
Almost forgot - maybe this is why my oil light didn't go out (see my last post tonight)?????
  Ignore this member   
deathpulse


Pro
Posts: 1688
posted September 20, 2003 07:43 PM        
BTW - the oil light is out now, and the bike seems to be running well - what do ya think? Chance it with the slightly dented filter? I have a ride comming up tomorrow morning at 8am...
  Ignore this member   
k bryant


Needs a job
Sponsor
Posts: 2911
posted September 20, 2003 09:35 PM        
Personally, I would not use a "damaged" filter, no matter how small it may be. You're just asking for it, for lack of replacing a vital component that costs less than $10 and is way easy to replace. Why risk it?

Why are you using any kind of wrench? Just lube up the o-ring with some fresh oil, and tighten by hand.

It's possible that the light on thing could be the filter, but I kinda doubt it. But I guess it could have affected the flow and/or pressure. It is a pretty small filter, but I've never cut one apart to see how it is built.

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit K Bryant's homepage. 
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Dented oil filter? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed


Copyright 2000-2026 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.2177140712738 seconds processing time