posted September 04, 2003 10:12 AM
V-Rod??? I mapped a V-ROD!!!
WOW!!! what a nice bike!!!
First thing I noticed was...it went into nuetral like a "NORMAL" BIKE!?!?!?
Didn't HURT my foot or anything!?!?!?
Shifts good...RUNS GOOD...
Needed mapping for sure...mostly for drivability...WFO wasn't too far off (with map he put in it)...
113Hp @ 8,200 78Lb...76+ from about 4,500 to 7,500
Yup...Hard-ly DOES make ONE nice bike now!!! EEEEEEK!!!!!!
posted September 04, 2003 11:05 AM
I still want a Fatboy . One of my buddies has the new 'rod - its a great ride, really nice and smooth. It also has a "different" exhaust note then the "other" hawgs. Cool results though - I'll have to see if my bud has his bike mapped yet, maybe there is some untapped power there!
Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
Posts: 7981
posted September 04, 2003 04:39 PM
only way I am gonna get a Hardly go is if its given to me.....other than that, I will ride a real bike...like my 12R.....
____________
When in doubt, lean farther and go faster....
posted September 05, 2003 07:49 AM
The "Real" Harley riders do not like the bike! like you said, they hate it because is shifts, Handles, Stops and has power! Why would they want anything like that?? What would they do with it! How would they ride with theier buddies if none of them could catch up or make the turn or go fast enought to need to stop??
____________
Made History @ Daytona and still one fast old man!!
posted September 05, 2003 12:38 PM
My older brother rides a Hertige Softail (real harley rider)he calls the VRod a water Hog. My brother in-law bought one this spring and kicks my brothers ass every chance he gets.
Went on a poker ride this last Monday and 4 guys lined up on the highway, and did a run from about 15mph on up. Watched my brother-inlaw actually pull a Boss Hoss (350ci) well up past a 100mph. The boss stated to shake and wobble so he let off. Where was I??? Taking up the rear on my KTM 640 SuperMoto. I've never wanted to be on the 12 more than watching that VRod win the race. Next time!!
____________
Real racebikes run premix!! http://www.bikepics.com/members/nedragr/
posted September 05, 2003 12:45 PM
You guys crack me up. I love reading the anti-Harley comments. Though I luv my 12 and tend to ride it within an inch of it's life and my own, I would gladly show anyone that a real H-D, such as a Dyna Sport, can more than hold it's own in the mountains against most sportbikes and/or riders. They aren't bad at all when ridden by someone who actually knows how to ride. I'm a "real" rider, regardless of what flavor bike I happen to be riding that day.
I ride with one guy who owns a Sportster, who on a particular 3 mile tight mountain road can beat 95% of the Sportbike guys regardless of what flavor or size they happen to be riding. I mean this guy is a real rider and knows exactly how to get everything out of his H-D. Skinny tires, 60 horsepower, aftermarket shocks and revalved stock forks. Man he's good.
quote:The "Real" Harley riders do not like the bike! like you said, they hate it because is shifts, Handles, Stops and has power! Why would they want anything like that?? *snip*
posted September 05, 2003 02:02 PM
LOL - sounds like some good riders K. I ride hawgs frequently (yep, I'm prolly going to add a fatboy to the stable next year). The big problem I have with their handeling is they tend to scrape all sorts of shit when you lean em too far (and I feel like a kid on a tricycle could beat me). Never thought about changing the foot rests/pipe location/kick stand though.... maybe they COULD turn well without that stuff?
posted September 05, 2003 03:32 PM
The INJECTED TwinCam Hardlys are also actually responsive (to throttle) and surprisingly smooth (did I REALY say that??? EEEK!!!) just don't look down at the motor to see how much IT is moving (to keep frame, seat, bars, pegs from NUMBING you out...LOL)...
I didn't post above...yes the BRAKES actually work on the ROD also...
This IS the first/ONLY Harley that this guy has/would own also...
We just priced out a set of pipes, PC for another V-Rod today so I will probly get to run it BoxStock...with pipes...then PC mapped...
posted September 06, 2003 09:30 AM
k bryant i agree
got an xr-1000
have a buell s1 white lightning
when we "fly" the mountains
nuthins gone around em yet....... until we hit the straights
they Stop...HANDLE.....& apex to apex as good.....
& so far better than those i ride with
i have several other exotic bikes
none do i enjoy more than my Harleys
on a good day..... theyre better than alright !!!!!
i can scuff a set of tires on them
out brake anything on my buell....less weight +Nissin caliper(stock)
Get on The GAS quicker !!!!!
a combination hard to beat
all they ever get to see is azz & elbows .....!!!
so it goes
Knee Down....REVS UP !!!!!!
____________
bend your mind.....
or break your ass...!!
posted September 06, 2003 09:53 AM
Forgot about the B-U-Ls...
they DO handle/STOP good...
I rode one at Moroso years ago...11.80 1/4 mile doing FUN 1st-2nd gear wheelies...
Seat hurt nuts BAD though...tring to launch it form the front of the seat
Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
Posts: 7981
posted September 07, 2003 08:14 AM
dont get me wrong, I will ride any bike...but like anyone I have preferences...and I am just not gonna PAY for a bike that costs as much as a Harley, and performes like one....when I pay for a bike, I want a bike, not a name....when Harley makes bikes that perform like other manufacturers, and cost about the same, I will buy one.....until then, I will not own one.....im;ess one of ya wanna give me one....
____________
When in doubt, lean farther and go faster....
posted September 07, 2003 08:22 AM
Knew a guy who campaigned a Buell in CMRA racing. I asked him "Is the Buell competitive?" while looking at the scuffed up left final drive cover.
He shrugged. "Eh. Not really. Too heavy and not enough power".
We was a devoted Harley fan, by the way.
'course YMMV, but I'm waiting for Buell to put the V-Rod engine in one of their chassis.
Funny Buell has the most innovative chassis but the oldest technically and weakest engines. Kinda makes me sad in a way.
I'd like to have a Buell, but just can't bring myself to do it because of the engine.
posted September 07, 2003 11:11 AM
i dont know, the new firebolt puts out a bit over 100hp if i'm not mistaken. that's not too bad. prolly get another 10 out of it with a little tuning. that's gettin close to the rc's power. course the low redline has got to be a pretty big hindrance. i'm thinking u'l be shifting alot cause of that. but at least ur pwoer (torque) is pretty huge thruout the rev range.
Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
Posts: 7981
posted September 08, 2003 12:20 PM
just not the same though.....I have limited seat time on Buel bikes...I havent been impressed so far......overweight, and underpowered....but some of them are pretty shape handlers......for the money, you shoudl get much more bike....
____________
When in doubt, lean farther and go faster....