HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Counter Balancer Removal NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
psycho1122


Pro
Posts: 1608
posted August 28, 2003 11:03 AM        
Counter Balancer Removal

I am currently having the transmission undercut and serviced. With the lower case half off, I've concidered putting in the Muzzy aluminum plug.
Has anyone here done this already? If so, hows the vibration and is it tollerable? Second, did you notice an improvement in power delivery?
Muzzy sales poeple claim that the engine will feel like a KZ1000. That is subjective.

THX!
____________
You say PSYCHO like it's a BAD thing!!

  Ignore this member   
MadMike


Moderator
FEAR THE BLACK FLAG!!!!!!!!
Posts: 6579
posted August 28, 2003 11:42 AM        
I have done it and no noticable vibration, well none more then I had at all... and you loose over 1 pound of rotating mass.
Mad Mike
____________
200-MPH CLUB MEMBER!

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit MadMike's homepage. 
catman12


Expert Class
Posts: 169
posted August 28, 2003 12:29 PM        
I have also removed mine.
I did not see any gain in hp or torque!!

// Mikael
____________
6.23@126.7mph 1/8mi , 9.44@150.99mph 1/4mi 60" Arm, 1361cc, manual shifting.
http://www.kiruna.se/~mgrape

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit catman12's homepage. 
zrxdean


Needs a job
Posts: 2225
posted August 28, 2003 01:30 PM        
I took the balancer out of my ZRX and picked up 2-3hp, with no noticeable change in vibration with the crank balanced. I have since switched cranks, and pulled the balancer again, this time without balancing the crank, and still could not notice any extra vibration. If you are concerned, leave it in, it's not a huge gain.
  Ignore this member   
Megabyte


Pro
Posts: 1047
posted August 28, 2003 01:52 PM        
Had it done when my 1361 was built. Motor is now smoother and is - the buzziness I had before @ 4k. Stock 12 168 HP, 1361 212 hp.

____________
We First make our habits and then our habits make us.

  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Counter Balancer Removal NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed


Copyright 2000-2026 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.21923303604126 seconds processing time