HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: under tail blues NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
lubricity


Expert Class
Posts: 362
posted August 24, 2003 03:55 AM        Edited By: lubricity on 24 Aug 2003 04:55
under tail BLUES

How many of you guys have had trouble with your under tails.
Mine fell apart yesterday. Computer hanging out. Lucky for the hugger or it would of been much worse. I know of at least two others. These manufactures have no clue as to what constitutes a functionable undertail. Two LITTLE screws hold the whole tail on.
Rich
____________
a poor 12 owner

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit lubricity's homepage. 
Hells Dark Lord


Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
Posts: 7981
posted August 24, 2003 03:59 AM        
having good luck wit mine so far...I bought mine from graphicartmotodesign.com I have one other guy down here that has the same one, his is still fairing very well as well....but its a bit pricey.
____________
When in doubt, lean farther and go faster....

  Ignore this member   
Phil


Expert Class
Posts: 420
posted August 24, 2003 07:17 PM        
I got mine from streetfightersbydesign, a Pyramid Plastics one, same one as Zturbo's I think. Put it on two years ago no problems yet and am very happy with it. Lube is right there isn't much holding them on except for a few screws but despite this it seems to be pretty solid. Installation requires removeing the stock storage basket and that really tied the stock pieces together.
  Ignore this member   
swft


Needs a life
Full throttle!
Posts: One MEEEEEELLION
posted August 25, 2003 06:07 AM        
I had the FSMD hugger on the bike for a couple years. Never had probs. Took it off recently, as I got tired of all the other compromises, like no real good place to mount the computer, etc. Better now with a chopped stock fender.
____________
82 Gpz750, 84 Ninja 900, 2000 ZX12R (Muzzy Big Bore Kit), *another* 2000 ZX12R (Muzzy custom stroke crank 1341cc motor), 2004 ZZR1200, 2005 ZX10R, 2007 ZX14, 2008 Concours 14, 2014 Versys 650, 2014 Yamaha WR450F, 2015 Ninja H2


  Ignore this member   
OZZY


Needs a job
need guberment cheese
Posts: 3172
posted August 27, 2003 06:01 PM        
I am going to get a custom undertail for my 12R someday. . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . .
  Ignore this member   
Dino


Pro
Posts: 1422
posted August 27, 2003 08:44 PM        

____________
uh oh

  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: under tail blues NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed


Copyright 2000-2026 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.2420380115509 seconds processing time