HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: I just got a fucking ticket! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
LUCKY12


Expert Class
Posts: 198
posted August 24, 2003 12:08 PM        
I just got a fucking ticket!

Since I haven't been riding much since DGV, the last two or three weekends I've been working feverishly to get my suspension dialed in since I put a ZX7R swingarm, Penske shock, and RacTec front forks on the bike. Since dealing with the compression, rebound and ride height, it took quite a while to get it to handle in the tight stuff and speeds below 100. So after I got it all dialed in, yesterday would be the last chance to get it dialed in on the fast stuff, 100 mph +. Since one half of Foothills is closed, I decided to go to Cherohala Skyway. For those of you who don't know about the Skyway, it's kind of like the Isle of Mann TT. No homes, no driveways, no stop lights, and I thought no cops (it's a national forest). After about 5 miles in, at about 110 /115 mph, the bike seemed to handle well in the sweepers. I was by myself, the group I was with was behind me , so I decided it was time to pick up the pace. Guesstimating my speed to be about a buck forty,right after exiting a right hander on to a straight, lo and behold, out of the corner of my left eye I see a NC state trooper backed up in the woods. There is only one way in and one way out so you are damned if you do and damned if you don't because he can radio ahead in either direction. I got it shut down as quick as I could, but it was too late. It took about a mile before I saw blue lights, but I went ahead and pulled over. The guy was a little upset at first, but after talking to him a while we seemed to be a pretty nice guy for a trooper. I have to appear in court October 13. He said if I showed up in court early that morning, he would talk to the DA and see if they could cut me some slack. I guess it was my turn in the bucket, I've been pulled over at least 20 times in the last 6 years and never got a ticket. He told me if I got a ticket between now and the court date the deal was off. So I guess I'll ride with Jon and Rick at DGVI since they have tickets too. Naw, I'm not going to ride with Jon and Rick because those bastards will never learn, I guess I'll just ride with Sherm. At least he has some fucking sense.
At least I know the bike is handling fucking great, the front and back tires look like race take offs. I'm using up the front and back completely, and still only riding about 70 percent. So that is a good sign. But I will have to back it down to at least 50 percent at DGVI,because I can't pass up the deal the state trooper made. I'll still have a good time hanging with you hoodlums at DGVI. Oh yeah, the first mother fucker who gives me shit about my pace at DGVI on the Cherohala, it's YOUR ASS!!!

  Ignore this member   
harryzx-12


Needs a job
Posts: 3643
posted August 24, 2003 12:17 PM        
Damn the bad luck!! I just had a rear wheel bearing failure ,luckily I was only a couple of miles from home and not going fast. I'll bet the damn hole in the bearing looks like barts ass after a greyhound bus station gang bang!

Lucky - Bart will be bring a 55 gal drum of whoop ass for you! It'll be ASS!!

  Ignore this member   
jonwright


Needs a job
Posts: 2416
posted August 24, 2003 02:19 PM        
Well, well, well. Looky here, paw. Spider caught himself a fly.

Yesh. I think perhaps suggestions for the theme this year is:

DGVI:
The Law Gets Even
Outlaws Ride Again
Late Braked by Granny's Station Wagon
Stuffed by Harleys at the Gap
12 Guys, 6 Drivers Licenses
Cherahola Calamity

Oh, and fuck you, too. :

Guess you'll need that picture of Ricks ass that Otis uses to put on your visor, eh?

So, did he clock you at 140? Do radars even register that high? And how did that magic tongue calm the trooper down? Wait a minute...don't answer that.

You know, we just might need to send "Sherman McCoy, the Human Decoy" out in front to check the road - then we'll run it.

  Ignore this member   
necro


Needs a job
My Grandma Is A Virgin
Posts: 2148
posted August 24, 2003 02:51 PM        
Did he say how fast you were going?
____________
3829

  Ignore this member   
Ninjaman12R


Needs a job
as a Deal's Gap tour guide.
Posts: 4767
posted August 24, 2003 03:40 PM        
Fuck.....

You mean you're gonna let that Trooper tell you what you can, & cannot do????

Do what you want, I'm with you. I am seriously gonna try and keep my cool during DGVI, but I can't guarantee shit. I will make an honest effort to stay within the boundaries of the law. Otis don't say a fuckin' word because I can hear you right now biatch!!!! You're saying what a load of crap!!!! What, obey the law until we're 100 yards from the cabin???? I can hear you!!!!!

Bummer about your ticket Mark.
____________

What we're dealin' with here is a complete lack of respect for the law.

Sheriff Buford T. Justice of TEXAS

  Ignore this member   
LUCKY12


Expert Class
Posts: 198
posted August 24, 2003 03:48 PM        
The trooper told me he had just back into the woods when i came around the corner.That why i said about 140.All i can tell you is i was in 5th and red was talking to me like a bitch in a wind storm.
  Ignore this member   
Otis


Needs a job
Captain Kickstand
Posts: 3028
posted August 25, 2003 03:22 AM        
Sorry to hear about it Mark. What did he write you for? 100 in a 50? Join the club brother, my formal hearing for my 100 in a 70 is on, guess what date? Fucking September 11th!!
____________
It's a free country brother

  Ignore this member   
TurboBlew


Moderator
BUSY DOING THE SCHIAVO
Posts: 4590
posted August 25, 2003 03:54 AM        
Guess this year when you renew the registration.. you need to change the plate to "UnLucky"...hehe

Sorry about your citation.

  Ignore this member   
Hells Dark Lord


Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
Posts: 7981
posted August 25, 2003 04:10 AM        
ouch Chris...dam are any of you guys gonna have liscense still when ya get to the gap?????ya'll just need to park them horses for a while, and save what points ya got left. And let Tn take them at the gap....lol....dam ya'll

____________
When in doubt, lean farther and go faster....

  Ignore this member   
LUCKY12


Expert Class
Posts: 198
posted August 25, 2003 04:22 AM        
He wrote it for 60 in a 45, so I guess I'm still lucky so I don't have to change my plate. But the trooper suggested that I might need to change the plate to Unlucky as well. He didn't say how fast I was going, I guess I surprised him. I just know I was hauling ass. I was running faster that day than the day I ran the smackhouse gang down. Who knows, it could have been a little less or a little more.
  Ignore this member   
Otis


Needs a job
Captain Kickstand
Posts: 3028
posted August 25, 2003 04:29 AM        
Seems to me that he didn't actually clock you doing anything, as you said you took him by surpise. He just knew you were hauling ass and prolly picked a number.
____________
It's a free country brother

  Ignore this member   
Ninjaman12R


Needs a job
as a Deal's Gap tour guide.
Posts: 4767
posted August 25, 2003 04:47 AM        
Tickets.....

Brother, if you don't have any tickets on your record a 60 in a 45 is nothing. I wouldn't worry about it, deal or no deal. It's all about the $$$ anyhow, and you'll get to fork over some loot EVEN if it is dismissed. So quit fuckin' cryin' and "Man Up". If you're not up in the triple digits like Otis and I were, it ain't worth worryin' about. Hell Bart has gotten worse tickets than that. Sit back and drink a few cold beers, think about it, and chalk it up to experience G.

Oh yeah, and about Jon and I never learning??? I'll have you know it's been a couple months since I got a ticket. As you know I had to go to driving school, no points, no fines, just a $50 tuition fee.
____________

What we're dealin' with here is a complete lack of respect for the law.

Sheriff Buford T. Justice of TEXAS

  Ignore this member   
jonwright


Needs a job
Posts: 2416
posted August 25, 2003 06:23 AM        
Okay. YOu can keep the Lucky plate. Wrote you for 60 in a 45? What the hell are you bitching about?

Man, I wipe my butt with tickets like that - I have a stack of 'em.

Yep - I'm sure he didn't clock ya. You lucked out, brother.

Well, I was good for a couple of months....

  Ignore this member   
slug


Pro
Out in search of my mind...
Posts: 1433
posted August 25, 2003 01:22 PM        
hey lucky..err..not-so-lucky

was up there saturday afternoon, made a few runs,w aved at a zx12 or 2.

saw a familiar looking pair, zx12 + zx6(blue)(i think) run through the overlook while i was coolingoff. this was later in the evening.

waited til sunday morning to do skyway, was free & clear.. heh

other roads, i have traveled 28 from gap to 143, was very nice there. the road has been smoothed a bit where it washed out. the 'detour' is gone, it is normal bend radius now.

129 between fugitive bridge and where it washed out in may, is crap. they are supposedly repaving, but it looks more like they are using chipseal (just like the patches before) LOTS of loose crap, gravel the EXACT same colour as the road surface, impossible to see until it is sliding your back tire all over the place.

anyway.....

PICTURES from saturday and sunday










and...

watch out for those trees after big storms folks....



  Ignore this member    Click here to send Slug an ICQ message. Click here to add 1734970 to your ICQ list. Click here to visit Slug's homepage. Click here to send Slug an AIM message. 
necro


Needs a job
My Grandma Is A Virgin
Posts: 2148
posted August 25, 2003 07:26 PM        
Cool pictures except the first.
____________
3829

  Ignore this member   
robert jenkins


Parking Attendant
Posts: 2
posted August 27, 2003 06:17 PM        
Lucky, Me and Haig were at the gap saturday looking for you Zack said you were there.Sounds like I'm glad i didn't ride with you.Good luck in court.
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit robert jenkins's homepage. Click here to send robert jenkins an AIM message. 
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: I just got a fucking ticket! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed


Copyright 2000-2026 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.25362586975098 seconds processing time