posted August 18, 2003 05:27 PM
Edited By: GOZR on 18 Aug 2003 18:27
GPZ 1100- end 1983<------- I wanted to check this out:
I just put an add on the net 3 hours ago..
This bike didn't run for the past 9 years now, i never even touch it to start it..
posted August 18, 2003 07:23 PM
Early model GPZ11 is a "wanted model". Don't give it away. Not quite in the same class as stock 1973 Z1, all years ELR, Z1R/Turbo, 1969-71 CB750 & 1975 CB400F Honda, Suzuki GS1000S, etc.. But it's a hot year.
Place it on a site in Japan and it'll will bring you a lot more $$$$ as well. Exchange rate for them is a little harsh, but may not matter to the right buyer. The more stock, the better, even if it's not in primo shape.
Oh by the way, what kind of shape is it in????......
posted August 18, 2003 07:44 PM
Rundown by the sun, cracks.. no idea if the engine turn realy but 3 years aago i added wd40 in the cylinders to be safe.
The problem is around here no one want to built protos or do a small team to race a bike.. crazy builders , welders, techs are very hard to find ..
No Passion just $$$$$$$$$$$$$
In the northcal all they want its STOCK new bike, they even race on track with Stock bike ..
But seriously i a bit fade up of the mentality around the norcal bay area.
____________
-G
posted August 18, 2003 09:17 PM
I know what you mean. I was born and raised in the Bay Area. Grew up in San Bruno & Redwood City. All the relatives lived in SF. SoCal is soooo
different. After living here now for 10 years, I can see why people discussed actually making it two seperate states. Still, I do miss it sometimes. Especially the rides up in the hills above Woodside Rd, Skyline, Page Mill, Lahonda, etc.. Good times with good people.
Anyway, like necro says, got any pics???? And how much $$$$$$$$
posted August 19, 2003 06:47 AM
Edited By: MarkZX12RKX500 on 19 Aug 2003 07:49
I liked the kawasaki 750 triple 2 stroke that bike rocked! they are also worth money now. It would be cool to put the motor on a new frame like a zx6r.
quote:I know someone that's got a Z1R for sale. Thinking that would be a cool retro bike
Any details Swft? I know a guy who's got 4 of them; 2 running & the other 2 in various stages of disrepair...
____________
Enjoy the ride!
02' ZRX1200
00' ZX12R sold
Needs a life
Full throttle!
Posts: One MEEEEEELLION
posted August 19, 2003 08:18 AM
No, no details. Was going to shoot him an email. Course, what would really be nice would be a Z1R-TC. ____________
82 Gpz750, 84 Ninja 900, 2000 ZX12R (Muzzy Big Bore Kit), *another* 2000 ZX12R (Muzzy custom stroke crank 1341cc motor), 2004 ZZR1200, 2005 ZX10R, 2007 ZX14, 2008 Concours 14, 2014 Versys 650, 2014 Yamaha WR450F, 2015 Ninja H2