HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: ? doug m. NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Dino


Pro
Posts: 1422
posted March 22, 2003 03:02 PM        Edited By: Dino on 22 Mar 2003 15:03
? for Doug M.

Doug, what would be (if any) the adverse effects of:
A-shortening the 2 pipe section on a Muzzy full ti..ie; the section between the 4into 2 and the 2 into 1
B-Shortening the 4 pipe section of the stock exhaust...say taking out about 8"in front of the collector.
I need tech. info before breaking out the cleaver
____________
uh oh

  Ignore this member   
Zhooligan


Moderator
Post Whore Extraordinaire!
Posts: 3829
posted March 22, 2003 06:30 PM        
So what kind of art project are we doing now Dino?
____________
To those who do not count their life in years, but in how life
has touched them in the past and how much it can hold in the
future; -- Youth is forever.

  Ignore this member   
wannabe


Pro
Posts: 1931
posted March 22, 2003 06:47 PM        
Man, with the stuff Dino has done in the past, I can't wait to hear the answer to that question.
  Ignore this member   
Dino


Pro
Posts: 1422
posted March 22, 2003 08:52 PM        
Underarm exhaust. I don't know if I'd call this "artsy" though
____________
uh oh

  Ignore this member   
dougmeyer


Needs a job
moderated
Posts: 2713
posted March 24, 2003 07:41 AM        
Primarily Dino, the effect would be to turn a $1000 exhaust into a $50 one.
As far as how much the performance would degrade, we haven't tested that.
Doug

  Ignore this member   
kcadby


Pro
Posts: 1733
posted March 25, 2003 03:23 PM        
Not sure I'd give him $50...YOU win the bid on that one DOUG
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit kcadby's homepage. 
fish_antlers


Administrator
The Truth is Out There
Posts: 21896
posted March 25, 2003 04:31 PM        
dunno.... I've seen Dino's werk and it's sweet.... maybe doug is getting a little nervous....

maybe you should just bite the bullet and hire dino instead?

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
Cowboy


Pro
Posts: 1061
posted March 25, 2003 05:43 PM        
Dino's too good
  Ignore this member   
Dino


Pro
Posts: 1422
posted March 25, 2003 10:56 PM        
hmmmm,.....musta' been a stupid question.
____________
uh oh

  Ignore this member   
dougmeyer


Needs a job
moderated
Posts: 2713
posted March 26, 2003 07:25 AM        
Dino,
Joking aside, your question is pretty much un-answerable without just doing it and testing it. But, "conventional wisdom" tells me there will be no positive effect on power or torque, unless you're trying to reduce it (damn there goes that joke stuff, again....)
Doug

  Ignore this member   
kcadby


Pro
Posts: 1733
posted March 26, 2003 10:34 AM        
Yes...DINO'S work is VERY nice...from what I've seen
STILL had to mess with him though
____________
www.kcadby.org

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit kcadby's homepage. 
Dino


Pro
Posts: 1422
posted March 26, 2003 05:53 PM        
Doug, I'm not trying to scrounge up more power here.....I just don't want to lose any.
I figured there must be a reason behind one section being a certain length, and and why some go 4-2-1,and others go 4-1,etc.
I'm not out to take over the aftermarket pipe business, justwondering what the chances are of F#$@%$g up my own bike
The wizard of Ozzy sent some literature my way,so it's off to the books
____________
uh oh

  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: ? doug m. NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed


Copyright 2000-2026 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.36080098152161 seconds processing time