HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Dumped my 12!! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
12RPilot


Pro
Posts: 1094
posted November 17, 2001 02:56 PM        
Dumped my 12!!

Today was prolly the last day of the riding season and I had to dump it in front of my buddys house. Just pulling up to the curb in front of a parked car and there was small pile of wet leaves. Shot out from under me so fast I didn't even go down, just ended up running down the street with no bike under me. Casualties: left mirror, left engine case, rear cowl. Even the greenest newbie should watch for wet leaves but when I whipped it in to the parking spot, there they were. Time to get out the airbrush. Damn I'm an idiot!!
____________
If you aren't an AMA member, you're part of the problem.
NESBA #209

http://www.bikepics.com/members/12rpilot/04zx10r/

  Ignore this member    Click here to send 12RPilot an ICQ message. Click here to add 1781480 to your ICQ list. 
fish_antlers


Administrator
The Truth is Out There
Posts: 21896
posted November 17, 2001 03:57 PM        
doh!
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
Red1


Expert Class
Posts: 442
posted November 17, 2001 04:05 PM        Edited By: Red1 on 17 Nov 2001 16:06
Sorry to hear that 12R! Hit some soapy water at a stop light that had run out into the street from a gas station car wash and dumped my 11 in a similar accident.

Shit Happens!!

Glad you weren't hurt and the bike's not to bad either.

Be Careful Out There!

  Ignore this member   
22348bCVC


Zone Head
Posts: 798
posted November 17, 2001 05:49 PM        
...that sucks...I hate that....
____________
...just relax...my dog wants to use only one of your legs...

  Ignore this member   
harryzx-12


Needs a job
Posts: 3643
posted November 17, 2001 05:50 PM        
That Sucks Huge Donkey Dicks!

I'm glad you didn't get hurt.
____________
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways- Body thoroughly used up, totally worn out...Screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride !!!"

  Ignore this member   
ZX12R


Novice Class
Posts: 86
posted November 17, 2001 07:00 PM        
been there....

arggg

  Ignore this member   
ZX12Girl


Pro
Adrenaline Junkie
Posts: 1740
posted November 18, 2001 12:48 AM        
Man!!!!

Sorry to hear that!!!! That bites....

We plan to head out for a ride this afternoon....Thanks for the warning. I know about leaves but I'll be extra careful now....
____________
Life is an adventure. Are you driving?

  Ignore this member   
lubricity


Expert Class
Posts: 362
posted November 18, 2001 01:57 AM        
Pilot,
Since you didn't get hurt, and the bike is fine, I guess you should bring it to my place for the winter. I'll fix it and keep the oil warm.
rich
____________
a poor 12 owner

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit lubricity's homepage. 
macnas


Expert Class
Posts: 102
posted November 18, 2001 05:21 AM        
At least no one saw it happen, right?
  Ignore this member   
12RPilot


Pro
Posts: 1094
posted November 18, 2001 05:28 AM        
Embarrassing as hell

Actually, a porch load of hillbillies across the street saw it happen and my buddy came out of the house in time to see me punching a telephone pole (I assualt inanimate objects when I'm pissed because, well....I'm not too bright!). Oh, and Lube, you can have it this winter if you install my mods. You will put them on MY bike, right?
____________
If you aren't an AMA member, you're part of the problem.
NESBA #209

http://www.bikepics.com/members/12rpilot/04zx10r/

  Ignore this member    Click here to send 12RPilot an ICQ message. Click here to add 1781480 to your ICQ list. 
coupedu12


Novice Class
Posts: 49
posted November 18, 2001 07:12 AM        
leaves

sorry to hear that 12, It's these types of things that really piss you off. Glad to see you didn't have a stroke, I know the veins would have been bulging in my forehead.

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit coupedu12's homepage. Click here to send coupedu12 an AIM message. 
MadMike


Moderator
FEAR THE BLACK FLAG!!!!!!!!
Posts: 6579
posted November 18, 2001 08:06 AM        
Oh dude!

Man that takes it in the shorts!! and a whole bunch of hillbillys were watching, are we going to see a vidio clip from the chicago hillbillys.. man glad your ok, but dude dont punch telephone poles, Ouch!! man well im glad your cool man! better at 5mph then 105mph... hey see you in chicago in a few months.
mad mike

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit MadMike's homepage. 
Ninjaman12R


Needs a job
as a Deal's Gap tour guide.
Posts: 4767
posted November 18, 2001 10:38 AM        
Bummer......

Sorry about your misfortune.
A good reality check for me because I'm about to head out on a ride, and there are leaves EVERYWHERE this time of year.
____________

What we're dealin' with here is a complete lack of respect for the law.

Sheriff Buford T. Justice of TEXAS

  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Dumped my 12!! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed


Copyright 2000-2026 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.29529094696045 seconds processing time