VincentHill

Needs a life
Posts: 6520
|
posted January 02, 2003 07:41 AM
quote: WTF is wrong w/two piece leathers? As long as they zip together & the zipper is covered by leather (like my Vanson's) I don't see an issue.
VINCE: Did you bike fit into the Astro Van or did you tow it down?? (looking into a van for hauling mine; & it don't fit into my Caravan.)
If you buy the "Newer" (1988 and up) Astro Van even a long wheelbase bike will fit. I have the short Astro and My bike just* fits.
*By just, I mean with the passenger seat just about all of the way back and having 1/2" of tail section sitting in the rear Door window. For a Slightly longer wheelbase, I plan to take the pannel out of the right rear door to get 6 More inches. As soon as the weather gets better and I recover financially from all of what I am doing, I plan to get a "Newer" Astro van! Maybe 10 years newer (1995 ) Right now, with bad Valve seals, I do not need to add oil between changes, Drive it 70 to 80 mph, and get between 15 low to 23 High MPG. Would not have anything else. Sometimes going to Daytona, I carry 2 bikes no problem!
____________
Made History @ Daytona and still one fast old man!!
|
RAC4IT

Needs a job
Bergie
Posts: 3009
|
posted January 02, 2003 07:50 AM
quote: So we could all just take steves 1 piece suit up and pass tech...then wear our own shit
I did that this past time around using Rich's one-piece to go thru tech but they stopped me at the starting line. They were checking at the starting line on every pass and they had their shit together moving the line quickly at the October event with more staff up there to keep things moving. They let me slide but warned me that it "probably" wont fly in 2003.
|
RAC4IT

Needs a job
Bergie
Posts: 3009
|
posted January 02, 2003 07:51 AM
quote: Thats our question too Dave....MANY people are bitching about this new rule. Hell if a 2 piece suit is good enough for the NHRA...
Steve Knecum the 235mph overall ECTA land speed record holder wears two piece leathers at Maxton
|
VincentHill

Needs a life
Posts: 6520
|
posted January 02, 2003 08:58 AM
My Question is why not just have your suites modified for a small amount of money, then the zipper will never go bad!
____________
Made History @ Daytona and still one fast old man!!
|
your car is slow

Needs a job
Fuck Nitrous...Got Boost?
Posts: 4089
|
posted January 02, 2003 09:09 AM
Well hell...id REALLY rather have a zipper hold my pants to my jacket than stitching.
What the hell is the difference?
____________
Do not taunt happy fun ball!
|
VincentHill

Needs a life
Posts: 6520
|
posted January 02, 2003 09:16 AM
Nylon Thread and 4 layers is very serious stuff. I just got off of the Phone is Barnacle Bill. For $200 delivered, Remove you old zippers, install a new 1 piece zipper and put your suite together. BTW, the make 2 piece out of 1 piece and 1 piece out of 2 piece all of the time. 2 week turn around right now.
This is all of the gelp I can give you.
____________
Made History @ Daytona and still one fast old man!!
|
your car is slow

Needs a job
Fuck Nitrous...Got Boost?
Posts: 4089
|
posted January 02, 2003 09:30 AM
interesting.....Perhaps it would be worth it to get a new regular jacket and send my old stuff off for this treatment.
Are we sure THIS would pass tech at maxton?
____________
Do not taunt happy fun ball!
|
RAC4IT

Needs a job
Bergie
Posts: 3009
|
posted January 02, 2003 09:50 AM
quote: My Question is why not just have your suites modified for a small amount of money, then the zipper will never go bad!
I'm interested in this Vincent. Please email me bergie@dontbescaredracing.com or post here with the contact information. I am ordering a Bates or Vanson 2-piece drag racing suit sometime soon but instead of selling my Joe Rocket stuff I'll just convert it for Maxton.
|
VincentHill

Needs a life
Posts: 6520
|
posted January 02, 2003 10:15 AM
The man's name is Bill Burns, The most notable name that he made leathers for was "Dave Schultz". This is also where I am having my next suite made. He is also the "ONLY" Person that would alter my Perone Leather Suit. And then made new arms for it also. Because of him, I can wear my old leathers and have them in good shape and spent a little over $500. No one else would even talk to me. His number is 859-336-7375.
http://www.racingleather.com/home/home.html
Bergie, that last statement, sounds like the best use of your money to me!
____________
Made History @ Daytona and still one fast old man!!
|
VincentHill

Needs a life
Posts: 6520
|
posted January 02, 2003 10:18 AM
quote: interesting.....Perhaps it would be worth it to get a new regular jacket and send my old stuff off for this treatment.
Are we sure THIS would pass tech at maxton?
If he can make my 20+ year Old leathers fit me and pass, yours are guaranteed! Plus, they will not look like 2 piece anymore, remember 1 piece leathers have sticthing at the waist line also! I am 100% sure! (I am only 100% sure when I know in advance)
____________
Made History @ Daytona and still one fast old man!!
|
your car is slow

Needs a job
Fuck Nitrous...Got Boost?
Posts: 4089
|
posted January 02, 2003 10:22 AM
What if the two piece leathers were not designed by the same manufacturer?
My Jacket and pants simply fasten together with a 6" zipper in the rear....they arent really a "matching" pair.
Still not an issue?
____________
Do not taunt happy fun ball!
|
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
Posts: 7981
|
posted January 02, 2003 11:36 AM
Oldkawboy....the mailing addy is....
SSG James Wolkens
HHC 1-64AR, 2BCT, 3ID
PA KABAL
APO, AE 09303
or ya can email me a copy to: jim.wolkens@us.army.mil
thanks for the copy.....
____________
When in doubt, lean farther and go faster....
|
VincentHill

Needs a life
Posts: 6520
|
posted January 02, 2003 12:06 PM
quote: What if the two piece leathers were not designed by the same manufacturer?
My Jacket and pants simply fasten together with a 6" zipper in the rear....they arent really a "matching" pair.
Still not an issue?
He has a Phone number, ASK Him. As far as i know, As long as the suite fits you it will fit you. Leather is Leather!
____________
Made History @ Daytona and still one fast old man!!
|
VincentHill

Needs a life
Posts: 6520
|
posted January 02, 2003 12:08 PM
quote: Oldkawboy....the mailing addy is....
SSG James Wolkens
HHC 1-64AR, 2BCT, 3ID
PA KABAL
APO, AE 09303
or ya can email me a copy to: jim.wolkens@us.army.mil
thanks for the copy.....
Did you click on the web site I posted for you? The Pictures I posted here are in Color and the Physical News letter is B&W. Or is it that you just want to receive mail??
____________
Made History @ Daytona and still one fast old man!!
|
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
Posts: 7981
|
posted January 02, 2003 12:47 PM
yeah Vince, I saw it after I made the last post thansk a bunch.....some cool shit....gonna check it out more, I am very interested in this.....just dont know if I can afford another hobby like this.....lol
____________
When in doubt, lean farther and go faster....
|
VincentHill

Needs a life
Posts: 6520
|
posted January 02, 2003 01:06 PM
Edited By: VincentHill on 2 Jan 2003 13:11
If you are Smart, you can either ride "Production" where the rules do not allow much to do. (Adjust Cam timing, run gearing and use the longest chain possible, Billet Basket, Ajustable Ignition Advancer and play with the TPS and you are done) Add the Oxygenated fuel and lower your bike, and go like Hello!
____________
Made History @ Daytona and still one fast old man!!
|
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
Posts: 7981
|
posted January 03, 2003 12:21 PM
am sure that is what I will do, start out at the ground floor, I need to do some research and read the rule book before I do anything else.....thanks for the tip Vince
____________
When in doubt, lean farther and go faster....
|
oldkawboy

Needs a job
Posts: 2125
|
posted January 04, 2003 09:18 AM
Hells Dark Lord,
You got mail.....The old fashion kind. I had an extra newsletter and stuck it in the mail today.
BTW, where you stationed?
Dan
|
|
|