HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: 12 recalls and maintenance updates?? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
kawachan


Pro
Posts: 1031
posted December 10, 2002 08:21 AM        
12 recalls and maintenance updates??

I used the search function, but I couldn't find in the EIGHT pages of "hits" the actual document # that Kawasaki assigned mechanics to upgrade and drill the clutch basket!!
One of my buddies is buying a leftover green 12 this weekend so I am trying to get the shop to do all the recalls and drill the basket for him. I remember they had a recall on the gas tank and valve stems, but I am sure there are other things the shop can do before he picks it up.
If anyone had any of this work done, do you remember the # so I can call and tell the dealer to do _____, _____, and ____ on his new bike.

Thanks in advance!!
____________
RED NINJAS RULE!!

  Ignore this member   
beansbaxter


Needs a life
Posts: 5911
posted December 10, 2002 09:42 AM        Edited By: beansbaxter on 10 Dec 2002 10:14
My dealer cant seem to find the paperwork for the instructions on drilling the clutch basket. It isnt like you need it though, its a very generic drawing that comes faxed from Kawi. Just drill away, their hole pattern was ten times the amount of holes the Muzzy one had.

There are no recalls for the 12.

Just have your dealer call Kawi, and they will provide the one-page fax of drilling and how and what and all that. They know there is a problem with oil flow into the clutch, every guy you talk to on the phone is aware of it I assure you.

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit beansbaxter's homepage. 
kawachan


Pro
Posts: 1031
posted December 10, 2002 09:53 AM        
I already told the salesman about it. I was wanting the #'s so I could just tell him exactly what I wanted done. Probably wind up doing it myself, though!!
This is a 00, so yes, there are recalls (or updates) on it. I had the new valve stems and fuel line weighted on mine.

I'm sure somebody here had the work done....I just bought the Muzzy kit myself.
____________
RED NINJAS RULE!!

  Ignore this member   
beansbaxter


Needs a life
Posts: 5911
posted December 10, 2002 10:14 AM        
Aaaah my bad...I have an 02, thats why I said no recalls.
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit beansbaxter's homepage. 
beansbaxter


Needs a life
Posts: 5911
posted December 10, 2002 10:16 AM        
The dealer said I could do it myself. I have a brand new factory clutch kit they gave me from Kawi when I had my Muzzy put in.

If you look at the Muzzy clutch, you will see the holes drilled in. Just do the same size holes and run them around the hub yourself. Just a thought.

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit beansbaxter's homepage. 
kawachan


Pro
Posts: 1031
posted December 10, 2002 11:44 AM        
What I am trying to do is have it done for him so "I" won't have to do it. Ya see...... Why do it myself when they will for free!!
____________
RED NINJAS RULE!!

  Ignore this member   
kawachan


Pro
Posts: 1031
posted December 11, 2002 10:02 AM        
Come on now!! Somebody had to have it done. Don't exactly trust the dealer to find out for me......
____________
RED NINJAS RULE!!

  Ignore this member   
n da zone


Expert Class
Posts: 215
posted December 11, 2002 10:27 AM        
kawachan, try this url:

http://www.bikeland.org/board/viewthread.php?FID=13&TID=4361

I think that is the reference to the clutch mod you are looking for. However, it is not a recall, just a fix ...IF.... there is a slippage problem.

Doubt you would get it covered as a warranty item if there's no problem yet. It's all 'labor', no parts involved (except fluid/gasket).

But , LEMME KNOW what they say!!

  Ignore this member   
kawachan


Pro
Posts: 1031
posted December 11, 2002 11:26 AM        
n da zone. I sent those pics to my dealer to see what he could do.
I also emailed Intra to see if he had a copy of what his dealer did or maybe even some pics. Thanks!!
____________
RED NINJAS RULE!!

  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: 12 recalls and maintenance updates?? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed


Copyright 2000-2026 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.20766115188599 seconds processing time