VincentHill

Needs a life
Posts: 6520
|
posted November 21, 2002 04:20 PM
Edited By: VincentHill on 21 Nov 2002 16:24
Ms. Kiwi, There are people that receive some input from a space holding their ears apart, and there are those that do not!Most of the users of this space are usually Older and have already suffered because of their lack of input relied upon from this space! I have found that the more you use this space, the slower you want to go! It is selective use of this space that will still allow you to go fast and take the fewest chances!
"MOST" People Under Thirty have not had enough Entry into this space for the information exiting from it to do much good!
READ, Young People are Usually the ones that do foolish things and Older usually do not. Young people Buy Sporty Things and Older People do not buy them as much! From reading that Poll on how old everybody is, it looks like a lot of people survive Youth! Stop worrying most will survive! (Proof!) My Wife and I go WFO on my 1984 900 Ninja, My 1992 ZX11 and now my 2000 ZX12R. My 2 worse accidents happened on a Ducati 200 at about 35 mph and on my fathers KZ440 at about 15 mph!
Last, Most of the women I have met from 80 on down can always!! Show me a Burn mark on their leg where a Motorcycle Exhaust Pipe burned them! AND the ones that do not have this burn mark?? I have reciently taken for the ride they missed! Last lady was about 74 years old and we did 90 Mph wheelies and 100+ sweeping turns! After the ride she let me understand that she did not have that much fun making her kids! Of course there was this one lady that could only handle Coasting down Hill in a parking lot with the engine off and doing "0" MPH! I ride everyone at the Speed they can handle!
____________
Made History @ Daytona and still one fast old man!!
|
moodybluezx12r

Expert Class
Posts: 344
|
posted November 21, 2002 04:51 PM
Edited By: moodybluezx12r on 21 Nov 2002 16:52
my wife loves the passenger seat on my 12...as compared to my 9...
____________
Raleigh, NC
Ride it! Like You Stole It!
|
VincentHill

Needs a life
Posts: 6520
|
posted November 21, 2002 08:17 PM
Then she would leave you for Mine! Dave in Daytona was there when someone's wife or Friend said "I am Jellous of your Wife's Ass"! We had to think about that one for a while!
____________
Made History @ Daytona and still one fast old man!!
|
beansbaxter
Needs a life
Posts: 5911
|
posted November 21, 2002 09:36 PM
Hey VH...can you post those pics again of your seat setup for your 12? Please and thank you.
|
VincentHill

Needs a life
Posts: 6520
|
posted November 22, 2002 05:32 AM
I do not understand! I have a Pic of the Seat with the Back rest Up and Down??
____________
Made History @ Daytona and still one fast old man!!
|
princesskiwi

Administrator
MISTRESS of SMACK
Posts: 7688
|
posted November 22, 2002 12:22 PM
In T.W.O. in the months following the 2000 release of the ZX12-R + the Busa, there were some surprising new stats out.
It seemed that with the above 30 group being entised back into riding, with these new bikes, they were the ones crashing!
Not the young squids!
I guess the logic was that because of the 'new technology', in these bikes the Older riders, having it been so long since they had bought a new bike - just jumped on and thought they could ride them.
And they were crashing!
Not to say that these British Stats were being Mirrored here in North America. But to Point out that even the 'Above 30' can be squids. Grey Matter or No Grey Matter.
Maybe I am just Part of a slightly younger Generation of Women, that ride, and that feel that ALL bikes should only be sold with SOLO seats!
I guess I am a Purist.
A Bike is a Bike - Not a car.
|
VincentHill

Needs a life
Posts: 6520
|
posted November 22, 2002 12:34 PM
I can really understand about the "Over" 30 set, My Formula 1 Bike only weighed 80 pounds less and had 30 less HP! I will tell anyone that I am not qualified to ride this bike at 100% in every circumstance!!
My Best statement to people about myself is "Old Age give you more Opportunitues to gain good sense"!! (It does not gurantee that you will)!
If you noticed, that the GP People have built several Moto GP Machines for 2 people! WHY?? So that some one with experience can take someone with out as much experience out for a ride that they themselves cannot have! That is why My wife enjoys riding with me! No Brag, Just fact, I really was ranked National #69 in the AMA for Formula 1!!! I still enjoy WFO!!
____________
Made History @ Daytona and still one fast old man!!
|
ZHooligan

Moderator
Post Whore Extraordinaire!
Posts: 3829
|
posted November 22, 2002 01:36 PM
It's a good thing we don't live close Vincent. I hate getting smoked by an older guy!!
I don't think of my 12 as a 2 up bike. I have removed the passenger pegs, and the passenger seat is essentially fake. I have a 2002 Goldwing for two up riding with the wife. And for those that have not actually ridden one they pretty much will stomp about any cars ass so performance is still there. My wife loves it and has no real desire to be on the back of the 12. She was on the back of my Velasco HRC 1380 XX at 185 once. So she has experienced some speed!!
____________
To those who do not count their life in years, but in how life
has touched them in the past and how much it can hold in the
future; -- Youth is forever.
|
VincentHill

Needs a life
Posts: 6520
|
posted November 22, 2002 01:45 PM
Everybody rides their own rate. We have several meet up stops along the way! The ones in the back can see which way the road goes by watching our Helmets! I usually ride in the first 2 or 3 and usually with my wife! (Please do not think of me as any weirder than I already am) but we enjoy hearing different parts of the bike bottom out and feel the twitch or slide when it looses a little traction when this happens!
#2, we have not been for a serious "Twisty" Ride since I got the 12! I do not count Rock Creek Park because there is no place where you can go over 100! We have had the Speedo Burried on the 12 together! Nothing like that wind sound and that gentle tug you feel trying to pull you off the bike! When we stop working, we will get something like a wing so she can read her book while I drag parts on it !!
____________
Made History @ Daytona and still one fast old man!!
|
princesskiwi

Administrator
MISTRESS of SMACK
Posts: 7688
|
posted November 22, 2002 07:40 PM
When I feel like I need to 'retire' to a Goldwing - I think I will instead buy a boat.
That way when I take off I can bring the dog.
Or Hopefully I will have both.
|
VincentHill

Needs a life
Posts: 6520
|
posted November 23, 2002 06:02 AM
Put the DOg in one of those "Trailers" I see them towing!
When we retire, We will det somthing like a Wing instead of a Luxery Car (Same ride, smaller space and price)
____________
Made History @ Daytona and still one fast old man!!
|
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
Posts: 7981
|
posted November 26, 2002 06:12 AM
I agree with PK......my G/f wanted to ride, so I bought her a bike....course its my track bike on track days, and the bike I ride at T.W.O. when she isnt riding.....any other time, Itz the 12 that gets my attention....I do ride people on occasion, but that is definately not the norm......its more fun to ride alone......my opinion only...
____________
When in doubt, lean farther and go faster....
|
VincentHill

Needs a life
Posts: 6520
|
posted November 26, 2002 09:19 AM
I will atempt to tell a joke and I hope everyone gets the Point! It uses my own religion but is not told for ary other reason than to talk about 1 vs 2 up riding! 7th day adventist go to church on Saturday (Like some Jews) they believe that day begins at sundown friday and ends sundown saturday (Again like Jews)! During this time, you should not be doing anything other than religous things! OK so here is the story
A Adventist Minister really enjoyed Golf and wanted to play every day! But he could not play on Saturday because of his religion. Well on saturday, it was the nicest day of the week and seeing how he could not play Golf for the other part of the week, he decided to skip Church and play Golf! So he went out by himself and had the best round of golf he had ever had! (2 Holes in one, 2 Eagles,and a bunch of Birdies! He shot 61 on a Par 72 course! Of course the Devil was watching all of this and seeing how it was the Lords own man doing the sinning, the Devil asked the Lord, He just sinned against you! You allowed him to have the best round of Golf he has ever had!! Well, how is that Punishing him for his sin?? The Lord said "Who can he tell"??
When you are by yourself and really had a great ride, who was there to share it with you? Who is there to Enjoy it with you?? Who saw how well you actually rode?? When your wife or lady is with you, you do not need to say a word! She saw and felt everything you just did! If she is the right kind of woman, she enjoyed it just as much or more than you did!! I hope I made the point that 2 up can be more fun than by yourself!!
____________
Made History @ Daytona and still one fast old man!!
|
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
Posts: 7981
|
posted November 26, 2002 11:32 AM
good point Vince......but.......
____________
When in doubt, lean farther and go faster....
|
VincentHill

Needs a life
Posts: 6520
|
posted November 26, 2002 11:44 AM
quote: good point Vince......but.......
I understand! Different Strokes!!
____________
Made History @ Daytona and still one fast old man!!
|
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
Posts: 7981
|
posted November 26, 2002 12:04 PM
yeah, I dont mind riding someone sometimes...but when I wanna drag a knee, most passengers arent comfortable with that...hehehehe
____________
When in doubt, lean farther and go faster....
|
VincentHill

Needs a life
Posts: 6520
|
posted November 26, 2002 02:49 PM
Get a better passenger!! (and when you find her, Marry her! That is what I did!!)
____________
Made History @ Daytona and still one fast old man!!
|
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
Posts: 7981
|
posted November 26, 2002 02:56 PM
lol....hmmm that is some pretty tough criteria, I can see why you would marry her, any woman that will let ya drag a knee with her on the back, cant be all bad.....
____________
When in doubt, lean farther and go faster....
|
VincentHill

Needs a life
Posts: 6520
|
posted November 27, 2002 10:33 AM
She insist on going fast! Then again, to paraphrase a little, I should not marry someone that would agree to marry me! I should want someone with Better taste!! (I never met anyone like her! The wierd Part is just looking at her, you would never suspect that she would even go over the speed limit, let alone ride as fast as I go! I have actually scared myself and really come close! When I tell her how close we just came, she states "Nothing is bad about dying! As long as we do it at the same time"! People die every day! Once Born the Process has started and there is just no getting away from it! I cannot argue with anything she says, it is just scary sometimes to hear it and realize that it is the truth! Like I said somewhere! I have now had 15 years of HoneyMoon! I hope it never ends! Life is great when homelife is right!
____________
Made History @ Daytona and still one fast old man!!
|
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
Posts: 7981
|
posted November 27, 2002 10:11 PM
Good for you VH, that rocks. Guess that was my problem I married women that didnt ride.......wont make that mistake again....
|
princesskiwi

Administrator
MISTRESS of SMACK
Posts: 7688
|
posted November 28, 2002 09:43 AM
Depends what you want.
If you want to have a spouse at home watching the kids while you go out for a ride, nothing wrong with that.
If you can handle the stress of riding with your life-mate, then go ride with them.
It still stresses my husband out when we ride.
It is hard to watch a spouse almost get hit by a car or almost hit a deer.
It is personal.
And you know if you buy something for your bike - she'll want something for hers.
And then there are the 'new rules'.
Like once we have kids I have been asked not to ride.
Cross that bit of twisties when I get to it.
____________
The dose differentiates a poison and a remedy....
|
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
Posts: 7981
|
posted November 28, 2002 11:54 AM
i know how true that is PK, this past summer while riding Deals, my g/f and I had just left the resort and just passed the border sign headed towords the look out, I was about 1/4 mile ahead of her, but at deals that is a long ways. I was in the middle of a right hander when she called ans said "come get me", I exited the corner and keyed the mic, not understanding what she said. She said a gain slow and deliberate, " I crashed come get me". At that point I did the first stoppie that I had ever done on my 12, brought it to a stop and did a U turn, hauled ass back up the road. By the time I got to her, some fellow bikers had already stopped, got her out of the street, alond with the bike, and were starting to tend to her. It turns out that she was run off the road by a Subarban, while she was exiting the corner, he crowded her off the road, and mever even stopped. Turns out she seperated her shoulder. Minor compared to what it could have been. The time from her first call to the time I saw her for myself seemed like and eternity, and I was scared to death....but she didnt quit riding, and even wants to go to the Ed Bargy school to help hone her skills....all I can say to her is.."you go girl".......hope she has as much fun as I did, when I went......lol
|
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
Posts: 7981
|
posted November 28, 2002 11:59 AM
guess my last post was a bit out of place want it....sorry ya'll
|
VincentHill

Needs a life
Posts: 6520
|
posted November 28, 2002 04:36 PM
HDL! I know that it was the Hardest Time in your life! When my wife called me and said that she had an Accident on the "Ramp"! I knew exactly what it meant! The fact that she was able to call me I first said "Thank you Jesus"!! SOme people say that she was "Lucky" SHe would have been Lucky if she had missed the Accident! A woman cut her off "TWICE" while she was driving her Porsche 911 causing her to hit a tree head on at serious speed! A long time ago, we made peace about life and enjoying it! If you are not living it, you are dead anyway! We had to make serious decisions and made them! We do not like what life may deal us, but we decided not to let is stop us and arranged things like we could be dead tomorrow! It gives us some peace of mind and that is why we want to be together all of the time! (We are afraid to be apart)! I will say this for a last time here! Once Born we start to die! We can do nothing to stop this! The man upstairs knows when and he is not telling! It is not easy to make the decisions we made! Everyone has to make the decisions that they can live forever with, which can be 1 day or 100 years!
"Ride Fast and Take Chances"
____________
Made History @ Daytona and still one fast old man!!
|
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
Posts: 7981
|
posted November 28, 2002 07:12 PM
amen b rotha, my G/f said almost that same thing when she climb back on board that 6R for the first time after the accident, and I truely believe she is a better rider now, than before, maybe more cautious, but aware of the consequenses, and not afraid anymore......
|
|
|