ITrust
Parking Attendant
Posts: 28
|
posted November 09, 2001 03:05 PM
Brake lines?
I think my next mod will be some steel braided racing brake lines and HH pads. Any suggestions? What type of lines and pads are some of you using?
____________
Trust in the One and Only.
|
harryzx-12

Needs a job
Posts: 3643
|
posted November 09, 2001 04:11 PM
I am using goodridge -2 SS braided front and rear.HH pads on the front and Kevlar pads on the rear.Doug at spencer cycle has good prices on the godridge lines and mine fit perfect (some companys goodridge lines are too long) Get the -3 if you want to save $ as they are a lot less $ than the -2 lines.
____________
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways- Body thoroughly used up, totally worn out...Screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride !!!"
|
ITrust
Parking Attendant
Posts: 28
|
posted November 09, 2001 05:48 PM
I have heard good things about the Goodridge lines. I will get in contact with Wilson, and get some prices. Thanks Harry, for your input.
____________
Trust in the One and Only.
|
wilson1
Expert Class
Posts: 345
|
posted November 10, 2001 06:50 PM
Edited By: wilson1 on 10 Nov 2001 18:52
brake lines
goodridge ss lines are good but i dont see the need for the -2 i do have them on my ZX12R but they are expensive i ran some tests and found only minamual difference in -2 and -3 lines i dout that the -2 lines are necessary for street riding contact me at wwweir@webtv.net for prices
|
lubricity
Expert Class
Posts: 362
|
posted November 11, 2001 04:04 AM
Kevlar
I have the steel, my kid put on the kevlar. Half the price and same performance.
rich
____________
a poor 12 owner
|
ITrust
Parking Attendant
Posts: 28
|
posted November 11, 2001 07:49 AM
Wilson, you have mail.
____________
Trust in the One and Only.
|
KawRider

Expert Class
Posts: 329
|
posted November 11, 2001 09:23 AM
Kevelar
I have use the Braided SS on all my bikes. For the 12R, I went with the Kevelar. They just look so kool in the Blue! What can I say Im a Poser! The speed bleeders are worth the few extra bucks when you change out your lines.
Tim
00 12R
|
ITrust
Parking Attendant
Posts: 28
|
posted November 13, 2001 03:26 PM
Has anyone ever heard of, or used Fastline SS lines?
____________
Trust in the One and Only.
|
Team222
Parking Attendant
Posts: 1
|
posted November 16, 2001 03:42 AM
Spiegler, one of the few DOT approved SS lines available, comes in diff colored outer covers.also the fittings can be rotated 355 derees for a perfect fit and therefore can be mounted on other bikes if the length is the same.
|
dougmeyer

Needs a job
moderated
Posts: 2713
|
posted November 16, 2001 07:42 AM
12R brakelines
We have them as well. The 12 front set converts to two single lines, Steel Banjo bolt. They're -3 size stainless, finished in tight black shrink tube.
Doug
____________
It's not that I think you're dumb, it's just that so much of what you know isn't true....
|
Phil
Expert Class
Posts: 420
|
posted November 17, 2001 07:45 PM
I got mine from Muzzy's , length was perfect with the Helibars , although I would have prefered a clear covering .
____________
"Look at Dad, trying to look young again."
|
|
|