Scooter

Zone Head
Posts: 899
|
posted October 01, 2002 10:14 AM
Tornado blew thruogh last night.
Got to be a thousand trees down in my neighborhood, big spruce, 30" oaks, several garages flattened, houses with trees in 'em. There's a flat Ford Focus under a big Maple a couple blocks over. We got lucky and didn't lose any trees. The car didn't do so well, we had made a quick run to the store and got caught there, (there were no weather warnings). Came out to find 2 shopping carts WEDGED in between us and another car. Took all I had to yank 'em out. Helicopters flying around the house all morning. I expect to see us on the Weather Channel news this evening unless Hurricane coverage takes top bill.
Sending this from Dad's 'puter, our power's been out since last night and as many lines that are down I don't expect to get it back very soon. Gotta empty the fridge and bring everything over here. The bad thing is it's 70 deg and sunny out, I wanna go for a ride
____________
"Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional."
|
your car is slow

Needs a job
Fuck Nitrous...Got Boost?
Posts: 4089
|
posted October 01, 2002 10:47 AM
Wow...glad to hear you are ok
____________
Do not taunt happy fun ball!
|
zxlnt

Needs a job
Kawpuke Extraordinare
Posts: 2853
|
posted October 01, 2002 04:31 PM
Glad u weren't hurt. That storm stuff is scary. Kansas was lucky this year, not a whole lot of severe weather. I think they only called out the storm spotters one time this year. Here in Topeka, that is.
|
|
|