HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Battery? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Smcg


Parking Attendant
Posts: 13
posted August 30, 2008 02:27 PM        
Battery?

Hey all,

Have my 2002 Zx12r about 4wks now and lovin it....It didnt have an owners manual with it and I am just wondering whats the battery story?

I have owned 9 different bikes in over 12yrs of riding, and they all had the battery stored under the seat with basic simple access....But I have been reading threads that tell of battery hassle on the Zx12.

Is there anything I need to know about it? I am dreading the day that it goes dead and I might have to jump-start it etc.
Thanks,
Sean.
____________
Sean

  Ignore this member   
stuart racing


Zone Head
N.H.R.A . Dragracing.
Posts: 999
posted August 30, 2008 02:33 PM        
I have a 02 also.....Yes it`s a pain compared to other bikes....Seat has to come off,tank cover,then the battery cover,THEN the battery slides right out,lol....It will get easier as you get to know her a little more....
Paul....
____________
Life in the Fast Lane..........

  Ignore this member   
CrotchRocket


Moderator
Bracket Racing with Betsy
Posts: 8038
posted August 30, 2008 02:46 PM        
Buy a new battery and hook up the tender cable, then you have no worries!!!


____________
Jason Miller StreetBike Seminars

*****DragRacers do it better, because they dont cut Corners*****

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit CrotchRocket's homepage. 
wolf racing


Expert Class
Posts: 138
posted August 30, 2008 03:18 PM        
Good advice CrotchRocket....
It makes life a hell of a lot easier.
____________
Never Ever Give Up

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit Wolf Racing's homepage. 
stuart racing


Zone Head
N.H.R.A . Dragracing.
Posts: 999
posted August 30, 2008 04:06 PM        
There ya go.....Every time I change a battery,I think of doing that AFTER I put it back in....Go figure...
____________
Life in the Fast Lane..........

  Ignore this member   
aliveagain


Needs a life
Posts: 5033
posted August 30, 2008 05:25 PM        
And the tender cable is mighty handy in hooking up the nitrous bottle heater to.
____________
I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me.

  Ignore this member   
thekaz


Needs a job
spell chequer is bustimicated
Posts: 2909
posted August 30, 2008 07:58 PM        
quote:
Buy a new battery and hook up the tender cable, then you have no worries!!!




did that to mine works great

  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Battery? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed


Copyright 2000-2026 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.21598696708679 seconds processing time