HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: 300 lbs of love! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
chango


Expert Class
Posts: 165
posted August 23, 2008 05:13 AM        
300 lbs of love!

I was just looking the bike over before a long trip. I was going to check my tire preasure. I was wondering what you all suggested interms of tire preasure? Here are the facts

I have the stock front tire on and a 200 in the back. I weigh 320lbs. As for my riding style I'm not going to be pressing it into the curves as much but I will probrably doing some wrist curls in the straights LOL!

what preasures do you suggest?

Thanks

  Ignore this member   
Bobbydigital17420


Expert Class
Posts: 142
posted August 23, 2008 06:10 AM        
LOL what the tire says unless your goin to higher elevation
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit Bobbydigital17420's homepage. 
tuusinii


Pro
Posts: 1031
posted August 23, 2008 09:46 AM        
What the book says, 2.9 bar (42PSI).
  Ignore this member   
countersteer


Needs a job
Didn't read the owners manual
Posts: 2207
posted August 23, 2008 12:02 PM        
35 psi
____________
Scott
Long Island, New York
2006 ZX-14, 2003 ZX-12R

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit countersteer's homepage. 
VincentHill


Needs a life
Posts: 6520
posted August 25, 2008 06:34 AM        
quote:
What the book says, 2.9 bar (42PSI).


FOr the weight and speed I lean toward this figure. I use 50 at Maxton
____________
Made History @ Daytona and still one fast old man!!

  Ignore this member   
pcbunn


Parking Attendant
Posts: 6
posted August 25, 2008 07:32 PM        
I recommend 42psi for you weight. Lower pressures tend to overheat the tires and wear them out faster. Lesser pressure is OK for tract days if you monitor the temp and pressure but for everyday travel stick with 42psi.
____________
Phil

  Ignore this member   
Chango


Expert Class
Posts: 165
posted August 26, 2008 06:00 AM        
I went with 42 it seems to roll a little smoother. I'm a less experienced rider so I can't say that I'm going to see any track time. I really love this bike on the highway! stable and crazy fast! I had a old school "86" GSXR 1100 before this bike and 650 night hawk before that. (boy did I look funny on that @300lbs) So this bike is huge step up for me. Thanks for the info!
  Ignore this member   
VincentHill


Needs a life
Posts: 6520
posted August 26, 2008 11:26 AM        
None of you ever saw me in the Back of the ?? Cycle in the early 70's Where I was at BridgeHampton on a QA50 ! I looked like an Elephant releiving himself of a "Tire"!
____________
Made History @ Daytona and still one fast old man!!

  Ignore this member   
Hells Dark Lord


Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
Posts: 7981
posted August 26, 2008 08:25 PM        
lol@ VH.....I really didnt need that mental pic Vince.......


as for Tire pressure, watch the tire wear, and for long distance stuff I run as much pressure as I can, and still get good wear and traction, too much air and you will spin the tire alot...too little and it will wallow and the tire will wear bad.....I would guess somewhere between 40-50 for your weight, depending on tire carcass and ride style....
____________
When in doubt, lean farther and go faster....

  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: 300 lbs of love! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed


Copyright 2000-2026 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.21144890785217 seconds processing time