HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Before a long trip what do you check on your pretrip? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
chango


Expert Class
Posts: 165
posted August 23, 2008 05:07 AM        
Before a long trip what do you check on your pretrip?

I'm planning a long trip next week end I'm in indiana I'm going to Ohio. I was doing some planning and I was wondering what pre trip checks would you do before you go?

Heres my list:


Oil filter/ change
Break inspection (fluid, lines, pads, rotors)
Tire nail and preasure
Bolt check (make sure it's all tight)
Signal and plate light check
Helmet

DId I miss something? What are some of your routine checks?
Thanks

  Ignore this member   
lietoome


Needs a job
Posts: 2033
posted August 23, 2008 09:39 AM        
Make sure the cell phone is charged
Roadside assistance # plugged into the phone
Ziplock back with rag/windex to clean the visor.
Insurance card
Check/lube chain
Concealed carry license

Depending on the route, I also plug in the local Sheriff dept and Fire Dept. I've needed to use this more than once. This can be critical if you're planning on a spirited ride with friends. I ride into New Mexico fairly often, long stretches between small towns. You nver know when you may need some assistance.




  Ignore this member   
thekaz


Needs a job
spell chequer is bustimicated
Posts: 2909
posted August 23, 2008 06:35 PM        
- feed the cat
- fill with fuel
- new battery in MP3 player
- charged cell phone
- check chain & tires

  Ignore this member   
lietoome


Needs a job
Posts: 2033
posted August 23, 2008 10:16 PM        
extra earplugs and my cheap-o rainsuit under the seat.
  Ignore this member   
suix


Expert Class
Posts: 122
posted August 24, 2008 07:05 AM        
retifier n stator conector
  Ignore this member   
oldkawboy


Needs a job
Posts: 2125
posted August 24, 2008 09:03 AM        
If you've got a Power Commander make sure it is waterproofed.
On my last long trip I was about 300 miles into the ride in pouring rain the whole time when my bike died......boom.....dead.
After checking everything I found out my PC had gotten dreanched. After drying it out the bike fired right up. Worst case if it happens just unplug it and ride.
Good luck, ride safe and watch out for the blue hairs.
Dan

  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Before a long trip what do you check on your pretrip? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed


Copyright 2000-2026 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.22223806381226 seconds processing time