HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: 08 busa vs 00 zx 12 ? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
johnnnyboy


Expert Class
08 Concours 14
Posts: 164
posted July 09, 2008 03:04 PM        
08 busa vs 00 zx 12 ?

I had my buddies stock 08 busa doin 290 today I honestly think my piped 12 will take it

I no pipe the busa and all things being equall but the busa didnt seeem all that great.

Well thats insaine to say that but i think the 12 might take it


your thoughts ?

  Ignore this member   
psycho1122


Pro
Posts: 1608
posted July 09, 2008 05:49 PM        
If it's a properly built 1270 it would.
____________
You say PSYCHO like it's a BAD thing!!

  Ignore this member   
almost_les


Zone Head
Posts: 590
posted July 09, 2008 07:10 PM        
i've taken a piped pc'ed 08 busa w/ my piped pc'ed 02 12r. tore its ass apart on the freeway. repeatedly. they're quicker than the first gen busas, but not by a lot
  Ignore this member   
johnnycheese


Pro
Posts: 1008
posted July 09, 2008 07:45 PM        
290?
____________
Builder and tuner of some of the fastest N.A. and P/A Hayabusas and ZX12 /14 in Texas

  Ignore this member   
dougmeyer


Needs a job
moderated
Posts: 2713
posted July 09, 2008 09:45 PM        
290 kph = 180.2 mph ??
____________
It's not that I think you're dumb, it's just that so much of what you know isn't true....

  Ignore this member   
johnnnyboy


Expert Class
08 Concours 14
Posts: 164
posted July 10, 2008 03:35 AM        
ya thats Kph and was just nearing redline in 5 th the bike was pretty wobbly too I told him to stiffen the suspention Ill get to try him soon enough just curious to see how the old 2000 12 will do thats all. I just find the 12 more wicked and feels like it pulls harder
  Ignore this member   
dougmeyer


Needs a job
moderated
Posts: 2713
posted July 10, 2008 07:27 AM        
It is and it does.
____________
It's not that I think you're dumb, it's just that so much of what you know isn't true....

  Ignore this member   
riteristrob


Expert Class
Posts: 109
posted July 10, 2008 08:29 AM        
I ran against a piped 05 busa and a stock 06 zx14 Tuesday nite. I have an 02 zx12r full Muzzy, PC3r, 17t counter shaft sprocket. Started in 2nd gear at around 50 mph. The busa got the jump...probably my old man reactions, and the wheelie.....but I had him before I hit 4th. The zx14 surprised me as it went by at around 160 mph. We did 2 more runs starting at different speeds in 2nd gear. Same results.

I love my 12, but man is that 14 a smooth stable machine!

Unfortunately, I got another ticket Wednesday night. 85/55...fack!!! Looking for a low milage KLR650.

  Ignore this member   
zrexpilot


Expert Class
Posts: 470
posted July 10, 2008 05:05 PM        
I pilot several bikes, an 02 busa stroked stretched etc. on spray an 08 busa stretched etc, a turbo busa, and my stretched, etc zx12.
The 08 is a tad faster than my 12, it runs in bad air what my 12 runs in good air.'
Its about a .10 quicker in the 1/4. And quite a bit faster than the older busa.


  Ignore this member   
tshultz


Zone Head
Posts: 556
posted July 10, 2008 06:18 PM        
quote:
I pilot several bikes, an 02 busa stroked stretched etc. on spray an 08 busa stretched etc, a turbo busa, and my stretched, etc zx12.
The 08 is a tad faster than my 12, it runs in bad air what my 12 runs in good air.'
Its about a .10 quicker in the 1/4. And quite a bit faster than the older busa.


So basically it comes down to the rider. performance is that close you won't even notice the difference on the street.

  Ignore this member   
kaw12


Expert Class
Posts: 172
posted July 10, 2008 07:04 PM        
I had some of the busa 08(stock) long stretch i did stay in front and when he was comin I pulled away it seemed no problem (it was fun!!!
  Ignore this member   
Bobbydigital17420


Expert Class
Posts: 142
posted July 16, 2008 03:45 PM        
hey i have a 2000 zx12r and have raced my buddy with a 2000 busa. i smoked him on my bike...twice haha i think the zx12 are a little better
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit Bobbydigital17420's homepage. 
jacktornese


Parking Attendant
Posts: 6
posted August 22, 2008 02:18 AM        
A friend of mine purchaised a '08 Busa...few months ago.
He's normally amazed from it...
"Busa is great"
"Busa is damn faster"
Etc...etc
... after long discussion i give him my '00 zx12r to test it on road...
(modded with handmade pipe,pc III, ign mod, bmc, head work,Cleen Air removed,cat removed etc)


His words when he come back:

" It's empty down...respect on mine...but...holy craps! what a f**ck of kick when you get 6-7.000 rpm!! I feel it surement more faster than mine!"
I answer to him: "the show starts around 8.000 rpm..."
That's saddisfaction!!




  Ignore this member   
VincentHill


Needs a life
Posts: 6520
posted August 22, 2008 07:15 AM        
He JUST did not know WHO he was dealing with! We only have a few Hero's on this board and my 2 are You and DM! Good people with Good work to prove it!
____________
Made History @ Daytona and still one fast old man!!

  Ignore this member   
jacktornese


Parking Attendant
Posts: 6
posted August 22, 2008 02:41 PM        
Dude... i try to carry the light to those obscure non-owner of the 12!
  Ignore this member   
NOX


Needs a job
PMRA / TMRC Super Street 4022
Posts: 3745
posted August 22, 2008 02:57 PM        
Yeah, we have a ton of nitrous busas here........., they crap when I out et them........., and then they really crap when they find out my nitrous bottle in the arm is only for the air shifter......

But as always, rider and set up...........

A busa with a brock pipe and a 60 shot should wipe the floor with me at 1000 ft........., but, lots of guys work on the top end, instead of the bottom end...........

I want those low low 330 times......, the rest will take care of itself...........
____________
42 Wins
21 Runner-ups
2010 TMRC Super Street Points Champion
2010 PMRA Super Street #3 Points
2009 PMRA Super Street Points Runner-Up
6 Time Centerville Dragway Points Champion
Sponsored by:
Scorpion Helmets
Galfer Braking
AMSOIL
Steve's Speed Shop
Kawasaki Sports Center
Mickey Thompson Tires
Catalyst Racing Composites
Conway Cycle
Syed Leathers

  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: 08 busa vs 00 zx 12 ? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed


Copyright 2000-2026 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.24897503852844 seconds processing time