HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Carbs vs. Fuel Injected NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
beansbaxter


Needs a life
Posts: 5911
posted October 06, 2004 08:16 PM        
Carbs vs. Fuel Injected

I love my fuel-injected 12...but I was just curious...

Is there any pro's of having carbs over fuel injection?

Just curious.

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit beansbaxter's homepage. 
ninja12


Needs a job
Posts: 3310
posted October 07, 2004 05:21 AM        
You get it use your tools every time you want to change something.
They are in the same class with a point distributor if you ask me.

  Ignore this member   
diablodcielo


Expert Class
Posts: 104
posted October 07, 2004 03:39 PM        
I loved fuel injected bikes cause theyre easier to start on cold mornings. U can also turn it on and take off almost immediately , . And on wheelies you dont have to worry about ur carburators flooding. My opinion
  Ignore this member   
deathpulse


Pro
Posts: 1688
posted October 07, 2004 10:22 PM        
I've heard that given the perfect tune, on the perfect day with the perfect conditions, carbs CAN be tuned better than FI - but... and this is a HUUUUGE but... the optimal tune will not last if any major conditions change. Given that, FI is supposed to be better and more reliable over a broader range of conditions (at least that the crap I heard).
  Ignore this member   
swft


Needs a life
Full throttle!
Posts: One MEEEEEELLION
posted October 08, 2004 12:42 AM        
Y'all are forgetting one thing...

Carbs work...by themselves...don't need an ECU, MAP sensor, AAT sensor, or any of a half dozen other sensors... Just bolt them on and go...

So depending on the application, carbs definately still have their place in the world.

  Ignore this member   
beansbaxter


Needs a life
Posts: 5911
posted October 08, 2004 08:46 AM        
What kind of applications do you see the carbs more in place than FI? I am assuming you are referring to some sort of race application...
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit beansbaxter's homepage. 
swft


Needs a life
Full throttle!
Posts: One MEEEEEELLION
posted October 08, 2004 04:01 PM        
Anyone builiding something custom doesn't want to have to mess with all the sensors FI takes.
  Ignore this member   
kcadby


Pro
Posts: 1733
posted October 08, 2004 05:01 PM        
We are going to install Lectrons on Ryan's Busa pretty soon (already have them and everything else needed) but Lectrons are for DragRacing ONLY...no idle circuit...
We will do back-to-back dyno pulls (as close as posible) with optimized FI mapping...then the carbs...to see how much power they make...

Just an update...
Ryan's 1397 Bbusa has now been consistent 8.80s @ 159+mph...in Florida SUMMER HEAT...with his 190lbs on it...
5.70s @ 124-125 in the 1/8..
All on motor only...
I am down to 170lbs...and serious about getting down to 160 (or LESS???)...
Can't weight (pun intended) to ride the Bbusa again myself...

I personaly LOVE...FI...
Maybe because I can map...re-map anytime I want/need here at work...LOL
I originaly thought I would HAVE to install FI on my Turbo-ZRX to get it to "run right" throughout the entire Throttle/RPM ranges but...NOW have it running VERY good...NOT perfect...YET...but veryVERY goood...

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit kcadby's homepage. 
Marcos Peguero


Zone Head
Posts: 568
posted October 08, 2004 05:59 PM        
Carbs are not things from the past, neither the future.

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit Marcos Peguero's homepage. 
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Carbs vs. Fuel Injected NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed


Copyright 2000-2026 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.21313405036926 seconds processing time