HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Close call....got very lucky! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Big_Zx12r


Expert Class
Posts: 180
posted January 10, 2002 11:24 PM        
Close call....got very lucky!

I am the happiest guy in the world right now! I started my night off with a big scare though! First off...let me say I am an idiot sometimes...this being one of them! My bike was running really hot last summer so I diluted the anti-freeze mixture (to the overflow tank..cause I was too lazy to take the side fairing off) and added distilled water and water wetter til I got the boiling point up a ways and the freezing point down a ways. I figured it would slowly mix into the radiator sooner or later(when my bike heated up). Anyways..I was checking over my bike and noticed my overflow tank was FROZEN! I was pissed...I figured that the radiator was froze and possibly my engine wrecked! After getting at the radiator...I was very happy to see that it was green as the money I just was saved! Good to -40 degrees.
I was so fucking relieved you wouldn't believe it....I am very lucky that the overflow tank didn't ever mix into the radiator....so I guess that is why the redline water wetter didn't help any! Just had to share my news with all of you!

-Big Zx12r (..idiot who doesn't drain and fill his coolant back to 50/50 when winter comes a nockin')

  Ignore this member   
BFLY


Expert Class
Posts: 188
posted January 11, 2002 07:58 PM        
cutting coners dont always work.

  Ignore this member    Click here to send BFLY an AIM message. 
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Close call....got very lucky! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed


Copyright 2000-2026 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.2172999382019 seconds processing time