HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Got a ZX12 leather jacket NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
TedG


Moderator
Posts: 8222
posted January 08, 2002 07:55 PM        
Got a ZX12 leather jacket

Kawasaki is having a blowout on the ZX12 leather jackets and Kwak dealers son told me about it and sold me one for $160. Nice jacket has zippers in the sholders that act like scoops for circulation. Seems to be well made.
____________
Ted
2000 Green ZX12 sold
The fast color!!
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS

  Ignore this member   
Dino


Pro
Posts: 1422
posted January 08, 2002 07:57 PM        
How 'bout a pic Ted????
  Ignore this member   
TedG


Moderator
Posts: 8222
posted January 08, 2002 08:41 PM        

  Ignore this member   
Dino


Pro
Posts: 1422
posted January 08, 2002 11:15 PM        Edited By: Dino on 8 Jan 2002 23:16
Nice jacket! Too much green tho
  Ignore this member   
TurboBlew


Moderator
BUSY DOING THE SCHIAVO
Posts: 4590
posted January 09, 2002 03:37 AM        
Ted do they have any more?? Im interested in one for that price. Let me know. Im a size 46. a750turbo@dragbike.com
____________
Official Charter Member of the RIDERS OF KAWASAKI MEMBERSHIP REVOCATION CLUB
Also a BadAss Internet Forum Moderator 4 Hire!! Come at me brah!

  Ignore this member   
ZX12Girl


Pro
Adrenaline Junkie
Posts: 1740
posted January 09, 2002 06:02 AM        
I like this jacket....but I have not found one sold in Red!!!!
____________
Life is an adventure. Are you driving?

  Ignore this member   
pat830


Expert Class
Posts: 135
posted January 09, 2002 06:37 AM        
I looked on buykawasaki.com and it was still full price.

Maybe I'll call my dealer later.

  Ignore this member   
jessz1


Expert Class
Half the wheels, twice the fun
Posts: 373
posted January 09, 2002 07:18 AM        
I'll have to call mine too for that price. What a deal!
  Ignore this member    Click here to send jessz1 an AIM message. 
coupedu12


Novice Class
Posts: 49
posted January 09, 2002 09:38 AM        
jacket

As kawigirl said, they don't seem to have the ones for the faster 12's

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit coupedu12's homepage. Click here to send coupedu12 an AIM message. 
speednuts


Novice Class
Posts: 37
posted January 09, 2002 11:40 AM        
12 Jacket

Ted, can you post the name and number of your Kaw dealer? I'd like to order one through them. My dealer is still selling them for $300

  Ignore this member   
kawachan


Pro
Posts: 1031
posted January 09, 2002 11:29 PM        
Be good for a back-up jacket. Just the wrong dang color!!
____________
RED NINJAS RULE!!

  Ignore this member   
Scooter


Zone Head
Posts: 899
posted January 10, 2002 05:56 AM        
Must be ones he has on the rack. My dealer can't get 'em for that.
____________
"Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional."

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit Scooter's homepage. 
hotrodninja


Expert Class
Posts: 121
posted January 10, 2002 10:01 AM        
They were on sale last week. My dealer tells me they are discontinued, but still in stock. Have to keep an eye on them, because they could go on sale again. They come in sizes, like S, M, L ect.
____________
Be consistent, win money.

  Ignore this member   
accel


Parking Attendant
Posts: 8
posted January 10, 2002 11:25 AM        
Ted Can you give me a kawy part number on that Jacket. The dealers around Seattle can't seem to even find it in their books. Thanks
  Ignore this member   
accel


Parking Attendant
Posts: 8
posted January 10, 2002 11:38 AM        
Ted, I found the part numbers for the jacket but of course that price was toooo low for the dealer here.
Can you give the name of the dealer where you got yours so I can just order from them???

  Ignore this member   
accel


Parking Attendant
Posts: 8
posted January 10, 2002 11:40 AM        
Ted, I found the part numbers for the jacket but of course that price was toooo low for the dealer here.
Can you give the name of the dealer where you got yours so I can just order from them???

  Ignore this member   
accel


Parking Attendant
Posts: 8
posted January 11, 2002 12:28 PM        
Up Top
  Ignore this member   
redelk


Moderator
Please... speak to the hand.
Posts: 3212
posted January 11, 2002 01:09 PM        
Was on sale, supposedly NOT discontinued.

Every once and a while KMC has sales where they just BLOW OUT the prices. Often FAR less then 1/2 the normal MSRP. Currently, that jacket is NOT on sale and the current DEALER COST is about 35% higher then what Ted paid.

Depending on your dealers relationship with KMC's accessories folks, they might be able to score one at the previous sale price and pass the savings on to you. What I'm trying to find out right now is if they have ever been on sale. It might be that his dealer had one on the rack for a while and just wanted to get rid of it. After all, there is a "limited" market for them... since they don't make one in the "slower" colors!
____________
There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.
-Ernest Hemingway

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit redelk's homepage. 
BlackMandingoWarrior


Expert Class
Posts: 320
posted January 11, 2002 02:21 PM        
Damn That's A Great Price!!!!

I bought this one when I got my bike and the best they did was $320!?!??!




____________
BMW
The QuickSilver Ridin MoFo

  Ignore this member   
accel


Parking Attendant
Posts: 8
posted January 11, 2002 02:28 PM        
BlackMandingoWarrior, what's the quality of your jacket like?
  Ignore this member   
BlackMandingoWarrior


Expert Class
Posts: 320
posted January 11, 2002 05:56 PM        
Accel

I have not worn the jacket on any rides yet so I can't speak on how it holds up in it's working environment but the workmanship is quite good. All the stitches are well within the leather and there are no loose or dangling thread. The zippers are very robust even though they are plastic. It has the vents at the top of the shoulders also and it comes with foam armor in the elbows, shoulders and back as well as a removable liner. The neck has two snaps and the sleeves zip tight. I think it comes in green and red also. Mine is the gun metal, black and white and looks sweet draped across my silver 12. I'm glad I bought it and can't wait to sport it.
____________
BMW
The QuickSilver Ridin MoFo

  Ignore this member   
TedG


Moderator
Posts: 8222
posted January 11, 2002 07:42 PM        
I'll stop by the dealer and find out. They treat me pretty well because I spend money, lots of it, and help their service department with their electrical problems and other stuff. There was a flier that has all the sale stuff in it. Also they hose me me down on some stuff.
  Ignore this member   
TedG


Moderator
Posts: 8222
posted January 11, 2002 07:45 PM        
Oh yeah that slow red color is for hondas.
  Ignore this member   
speednuts


Novice Class
Posts: 37
posted January 13, 2002 04:24 PM        
Nice Jacket

Ted-You'd hook up a fellow green 12 rider won't you bud?

  Ignore this member   
ZX12Girl


Pro
Adrenaline Junkie
Posts: 1740
posted January 13, 2002 04:50 PM        
quote:
Oh yeah that slow red color is for hondas.


Wanna race!!!!!

  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Got a ZX12 leather jacket NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed


Copyright 2000-2026 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.22904086112976 seconds processing time