HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: ••••> Helibar or GenMar risers & best place to buy a Throttlemeister NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
TampaGunSlinger

Novice Class
posted March 11, 2010 05:19 PM        
••••> Helibar or GenMar risers & best place to buy a Throttlemeister

I got some money to spend on the bike and i want to make my rides a little more confortable..

i'm having problems with numbing and loosing feeling in my throttle hand while at cruising speeds.

and my lower back starts to hurt, i have lower back issues (I blame the army for throwing me out of airplanes)

so i'm leaning towards the genmars cause they are a little taller an angled back a little more.. and the throttlemeister cause i think it will help with the numbness..

i am not interested in whole new bar set ups as i don't have that much cash and i want to keep it looking stock as much as i can, i'm still in my 20's and ride with younger guys with litter bikes, they all hate my 14 for being so big and i don't want to give them more ammo to give me shit, about it being a non- aggressive bike, straight line bike, and blua blua blua.. i'm hoping the risers don't look to off from stock and they wont even notice

also does anyone know where to get these these things the cheapest online.

thanks guys

Ignore this member   
zixxer14

Pro
Damn that was Quick
posted March 11, 2010 07:02 PM        
I've got both the Helibar 3/4" risers & throttlemeisters. Seen the risers on ebay @$80, bought the bar ends from Throtttlemeister. Also if you get the Helibar risers you can buy the center plug from Gen Mar, I did this with my Triumph. This combination plus an MRA screen (similar to dbl. bdl.) makes it comfortable to travel long distance.
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit zixxer14's homepage. 
SteveWFL

posted March 11, 2010 07:07 PM        Edited By: SteveWFL on 12 Mar 2010 03:08
If you're in Tampa the best place to buy the throttlemiester (and anything else) is Pure Acceleration. I usually find my best internet price on products and they match it, and I get local service.

Anyway, I know they can get the Kawasaki throttlemeister because I picked one up from Mike over there for my Connie14 just today.

Phone: (813) 741-1505
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
Y2KZX12R

Needs a job
CompetitionCNC.com
posted March 11, 2010 07:16 PM        
I have a set of the converti bars for sale.... with the stainless front brake line kit....

I just bought a zx14 and they were on it..... Its going to be a race bike so I dont need them.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Y2KZX12R's homepage. 
TampaGunSlinger

Novice Class
posted March 11, 2010 07:34 PM        
quote:
If you're in Tampa the best place to buy the throttlemiester (and anything else) is Pure Acceleration. I usually find my best internet price on products and they match it, and I get local service.

Anyway, I know they can get the Kawasaki throttlemeister because I picked one up from Mike over there for my Connie14 just today.

thanks man i will call them tomorrow and order them i hope, what did you pay for throttle thing

Ignore this member   
SteveWFL

posted March 11, 2010 07:40 PM        
quote:
quote:

thanks man i will call them tomorrow and order them i hope, what did you pay for throttle thing

Mine is the heavier version throttlemeister in black- if I'm not mistaken I gave $113 for it.

Heads up, you're going to enjoy doing business there too.
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
TampaGunSlinger

Novice Class
posted March 11, 2010 07:56 PM        
perfect thats the one i want, i just payed for a set of used heli bars raisers for $50. so i should be in good shape, i just have to find somewhere inn tampa to get a map put on my power commander III usb and i will be good to go
  Ignore this member   
dubious

Needs a life
Needs more time to ride!
posted March 11, 2010 09:00 PM        
quote:
I have a set of the converti bars for sale.... with the stainless front brake line kit....

I just bought a zx14 and they were on it..... Its going to be a race bike so I dont need them.

hey welcome to the family Jim!

wow, good to have ya, and your expertise!

Ignore this member   
zixxer14

Pro
Damn that was Quick
posted March 11, 2010 10:47 PM        
quote:

email me I'm interesed, 3goodwin@bellsouth.net. thanks

Ignore this member    Click here to visit zixxer14's homepage. 
TampaGunSlinger

Novice Class
posted March 12, 2010 11:56 AM        
quote:
quote:
quote:

Mine is the heavier version throttlemeister in black- if I'm not mistaken I gave $113 for it.

Heads up, you're going to enjoy doing business there too.

i just ordered one thanks man $115 what a great deal

Ignore this member   
SteveWFL

posted March 12, 2010 01:14 PM        
quote:

i just ordered one thanks man $115 what a great deal

anytime!

hey let me know if its a biatch to install, I'll be doing mine in a few days
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
TampaGunSlinger

Novice Class
posted March 12, 2010 01:39 PM        
he said if it does get in by thursday i will have to wait till monday to pick it up cause he is going to Jennings all weekend, they rented the whole track, if you get it in before them let me know, i will do the same
  Ignore this member   
JDC

Zone Head
posted March 12, 2010 02:23 PM        Edited By: JDC on 12 Mar 2010 22:34
Skip the throttlemeister and install a real cruise control for a few bucks more....

look around for one of these Audiovox CCS-100:

http://www.carparts.com/AUDIOVOX-ELECTRONIC-DASH-MOUNT-CRUISE-CONTROL/GP_2001597_N__10618.car?zmam=15972150&zmas=17&zmac=100&zmap=10618-2001597

Ran a little over $100.00 a year ago.

Works great.

Ignore this member   
JDC

Zone Head
posted March 12, 2010 02:25 PM        Edited By: JDC on 12 Mar 2010 22:29
... dup
  Ignore this member   
SteveWFL

posted March 12, 2010 06:47 PM        
quote:
Skip the throttlemeister and install a real cruise control for a few bucks more....

http://www.carparts.com/AUDIOVOX-ELECTRONIC-DASH-MOUNT-CRUISE-CONTROL/GP_2001597_N__10618.car?zmam=15972150&zmas=17&zmac=100&zmap=10618-2001597

Works great.

yes they are nice and true "cruise control".

they drift speed on the Concourse14 and are hell to install, but yes again they are true cruise vs. throttle "lock", but after talking to people with them on their connies I'll pass

the cat $5 "O-ring" option would work fine for me, but I want the bar end weight of the true throttlemeister
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
SteveWFL

posted March 12, 2010 06:48 PM        
quote:
he said if it does get in by thursday i will have to wait till monday to pick it up cause he is going to Jennings all weekend, they rented the whole track, if you get it in before them let me know, i will do the same

yes they are all about the race track. you should go with them sometime!
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
JDC

Zone Head
posted March 12, 2010 09:51 PM        
quote:
quote:

Works great.

yes they are nice and true "cruise control".

they drift speed on the Concourse14 and are hell to install, but yes again they are true cruise vs. throttle "lock", but after talking to people with them on their connies I'll pass

the cat $5 "O-ring" option would work fine for me, but I want the bar end weight of the true throttlemeister

by-pass the VSS and use a mag pickup... no drift.. very nice.

Ignore this member   
chris123

Parking Attendant
chris123
posted July 03, 2010 03:38 AM        
hi,

i am chris and i am a big fan of this site. i like this type information and i have ever never seen such type of data at other pklaces like it. i would like to especially appreciate you all peopl on this attempt.

Ignore this member   
SLVR_BLT

Zone Head
Chicken Strips!
posted July 03, 2010 07:57 AM        Edited By: SLVR_BLT on 3 Jul 2010 16:05
Really?? This is pretty much the only bike I've owned that doesn't tire my hands on extended rides. The engine is smooth as silk. You definitely would hate my 750 haha, that thing buzzes more then a hair clipper but longs rides are still bearable but just not as relaxed. It has more to do with relaxing your arms/hands and riding posture. What had helped me alot on the gixxer was the tech-spec tank gripper pads, those helped relax my arms tremendously since I can now truly use my legs to hold me up, the slippery slim tank would easily press me forward before and add weight to my arms and hands but not no more.

Ignore this member   
LAB3

Needs a job
posted July 03, 2010 08:48 AM        
Being tall and long trips were hard on my old my back. Speglier LSL bar kit helped Big Time.

I am 6'3" 235.. SS brake lines came with the kit too. Old school 7/8 " Super Bike bars.

Ignore this member   
laverda1200

Parking Attendant
posted July 03, 2010 10:21 AM        
I have the Speigler LSL superbike bar kit. It results in a really upright riding position, comfortable for long freeway rides, but I didn't like it at all in the corners. I took the kit back off my bike, but left the 4 inch longer steel brake line from the kit on the bike.

Then I tried the 1 inch GenMar risers. Not high enough for comfortable freeway cruising for me, but great in the corners. Then I bought a set of Heli bar risers, 3/4 inch, and added them under the Genmar risers. Combining them is perfect, still great in the corners, and confortable for freeway crusing.

to combine the GenMar and Heli bar risers, I put the Heli bar risers on the bottom, and used 80 mm long bolts. I also have added much heavier "Manic Salmander" stainless steel bar ends, and a pair of dense foam grips, to cmake the bars really plush.

Paul

Ignore this member   
LAB3

Needs a job
posted July 03, 2010 11:44 AM        Edited By: LAB3 on 3 Jul 2010 19:56
I ride the Ozark Mountains several times a summer. I just push on left grip and she heals over left just fine. You must ride much faster then me thru the turns :-) The 800 mile trip from Fort Worth to Harrison Arkansas(and back) with stock bars would be way too much for my back with the angle and location of stock bars..

What did you Not like about the AN1 bars in the turns??? To be honest I thought it was less effort to turn in the mountains. Wider bars and less effort and energy to counter steer.

Louis

Chicken Stripes

Ignore this member   
dspdr

Parking Attendant
posted April 05, 2012 09:37 AM        Edited By: dspdr on 5 Apr 2012 17:38
does anyone know if you can put the Concours risers andd bars on the zx14?? dealer told me it would not be safe. but that does not make sense. only issue i can see is clearing the wind screen.. any body done this???
  Ignore this member   
dspdr

Parking Attendant
posted April 05, 2012 09:39 AM        
does anyone know if you can put the Concours risers andd bars on the zx14?? dealer told me it would not be safe. but that does not make sense. only issue i can see is clearing the wind screen.. any body done this???
  Ignore this member   
LAB3

Needs a job
posted April 05, 2012 09:53 AM        
quote:

He is worried about the brake and gas lines being too short. Not sure about Connie risers.need to look at bolt pattern on them.

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: ••••> Helibar or GenMar risers & best place to buy a Throttlemeister NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.21521520614624 seconds processing time