HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Need a zx14 service manual NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
killakaw4life

Expert Class
posted October 02, 2008 07:00 PM        
Need a zx14 service manual

Bought the bike used 3 weeks ago and now the connecting rod has started knock. Knocking noise in in lower half of motor. I can hear it pretty good by putting a big and long screwdriver on the oil pan and listen with my ear. Anywhere on the oil pan and the knocking is pretty strong and moves with rpms. Checked near the clutch cover and found the noise pronounced on the bottom part of clutch case but not as strong near the top portion of clutch cover.

Haven't had a chance to pull the clutch cover or oil pan to check for shaving or bearing material, but will do over weekend.

If I don't see anything else that may be the cause of the noise, the motor is coming down and being taken apart.

PS. This shyt sucks.....................I'm out a couple thousand for only 2 weeks of fun!!!!!!!

Does anyone have a PDF or electronic Service Manual? I would appreciate if you could send me a copy.

Thanks

Ignore this member   
GHOSTMAN

Expert Class
posted October 02, 2008 07:26 PM        
http://www.box.net/shared/ohyn64vgow

SSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Ignore this member   
SteveWFL

posted October 02, 2008 07:38 PM        
if i recall from two years ago smokinzx14 fixed a knock by adjusting the counter balancers? I can't remember exactly, but it may be worthwhile to ask him
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
SteveWFL

posted October 02, 2008 07:41 PM        Edited By: SteveWFL on 3 Oct 2008 03:42
never mind, I did a search and here is the OLD thread

http://www.bikeland.org/board/viewthread.php?FID=27&TID=27624
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
killakaw4life

Expert Class
posted October 03, 2008 01:20 AM        
Thanks ghost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I owe you big time.
Thanks Steve.............I don't think that is the noise but I will try and adjust it.

As far as the noise, If I'm idling down the road or at steady throttle, there is really no knock. Once I give any throttle input to accelerate, The knock comes in. The harder I accelerate, the more pronounced the knock to a certain point.

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Need a zx14 service manual NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.22491788864136 seconds processing time