HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > DRAGBIKE ZONE.com > Thread: Another 1361 is alive! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
krexken

Zone Head
posted February 10, 2002 01:49 PM        
Another 1361 is alive!

Finally. After some cam degreeing difficulties(lack of brain power, actually), I rode my 12 today. Runs great with Karls custom 1361 map albeit it's still a little abrupt while cornering with the rpms turned up a little. Put bout 50 miles on it in the cold and stopped by the strip on the way home to spectate a little while. My friends 1500cc Busa was having difficulties getting traction and keeping the front tire on the ground when he did get it. He babied it to 10.5 at 151. It's tough going to the track and not being able to race. Overall, bike doesn't feel that much different cept for a little extra vibes between 2-3k rpms. I guess it's faster. Kinda hard for me to tell since it was already fast. Hopefully in a couple weeks I'll be able to turn it loose and see how fast it really is. Thanks again for the pics, Kevin. Cams were only a few degrees off after I installed them going by your pics. Rechecked piston to valve clearance again. Plenty. Close to .100.

Ignore this member   
ZRXDean

Needs a job
posted February 10, 2002 03:47 PM        
Excellent Ken, glad it's running smooth. I have a touch of fear right before turning over a freshly assembled motor. What if I left a socket in there? :O Good luck at the strip- do you have the billet basket?

I've been playing with the lockup on the ZRX, and eased it too much for yesterday's brackets- the best I could muster was a 9.54 @ 143 - my 60 foots and mph were definitely suffering, even thought the air was the same if not better than last week. I did manage, with luck, to win the street ET class Felt good to be back at the track for sure.

Dean

Ignore this member   
entropy

posted February 10, 2002 04:17 PM        
Ken,

Woo-hoo!!!!!! back in the saddle again!!!! congrats.

When I first got mine going I too didn't think it was exactly an astonishing increase in power, but beware, it is very deceptive. The acceleration is more or less like stock except happens about 1500-2,000 rpm lower, AND the hp curve is smoother, even if steeper.

Break it in, then wack the throttle and then tell me about the power A cool trick is to get a rolling smokie going and hit the button for 2nd gear at lo mph, pretty good rpm...

I LOVE this motor and if it goes South on me, I'll prob just buy a Muzzy billet crank and rebuild.

Ignore this member   
krexken

Zone Head
posted February 10, 2002 04:28 PM        
Good job, Dean. I suppose it's pretty hard on the clutch plates if it's set too soft? I put the billet(loosely used term)basket in mine after witnessing my friends explode for the second time which also took out a chunk of the lower case. He patched it again only to have the #4 rod come through the block later. Coincidence?

Speaking of clutches, I couldn't use all thick steels in my clutch cause the stack height was too short or too tall. Wound up using 3 thin steels to get it to the tall side. It works but I thought most of yall were using all thick ones.

Don't forget to throw in some killer connecting rods, Karl. What's a little more money? Maybe even one of them hair dryer thingys.

Ignore this member   
entropy

posted February 10, 2002 04:51 PM        
I use all thicks and the stack height does look low with the hat damn near into the basket even with brand new steels and fibers, but the clutch works fine. I tried every combination of thicks and thins and never got anything which worked as good as 10 thicks. Go figure ???????

No "hair dryer" for me, although I like the thought, I KNOW I don't have the balls for it

Ignore this member   
kcadby

Pro
posted February 11, 2002 04:36 AM        
Good to here Ken
Did you try to install the same number of clutch plates as in a stock clutch???
With the thick steels...you run one less fibre and one less steel than in a stock clutch pack...

I think the torq will become more obvious after some heat cycles and...when you turn the throttle more

Ignore this member    Click here to visit kcadby's homepage. 
ZX12Girl

Pro
Adrenaline Junkie
posted February 15, 2002 07:43 PM        
Awesome!!

Can't wait to see some numbers!!!!

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > DRAGBIKE ZONE.com > Thread: Another 1361 is alive! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.21449303627014 seconds processing time