Danny c
Novice Class
Posts: 36
|
posted September 11, 2009 09:38 AM
Fuel mileage
You guys are going to think I am nuts. A friend and I rode are c14's through Colorado and we got 52 mpg from Montrose to Buena Vista. We rode over Independance Pass,which is over 12,000 ft. The bikes performed flawlessly and can not think of a better bike for this kind of riding.
____________
danny c
|
FastestBusaAround

Needs a life
I eat Fish...
Posts: 7889
|
posted September 11, 2009 02:29 PM
Not surprising, if you stick to 60-65 mph under light loads on this bike...
____________
FYYFF!!!
|
2000redrocket

Pro
Posts: 1662
|
posted October 03, 2009 08:19 PM
by the math the most i got on a ride in the mountains was 49mpg. usually i get 43 to 47mpg. i am happy. it is heaver than my 12 and gets better milage.though i can get 39 with the 12.
|
oncourse

Expert Class
I hate flies!!!
Posts: 467
|
posted October 04, 2009 05:42 AM
Mine says 42 avg, but I really get about 36, I think that is what kawi quotes on theit web site,
but I run her hard, no long trips as my knees do not like to be bent for any period of time. I mean with the helibars, and I am 5 8 it made a huge difference in riding position, one hand and slouched over a bit, comfy and power, could not ask for more exept the area p full system....
Rob
____________
True intellegence is not measured by your degrees.
04 klr 250 Lots of mods and 70 MPG!!
08 Connie 2 bros. Carbon. Helibars. Flies out, PC3!!!
2003 kx 500 SOLD
2004 KX 500 In service now, whata BEAST!
|
DrewHerc130

Expert Class
Posts: 140
|
posted October 12, 2009 08:41 PM
Did you calculate the 52 mpg or is that what the display said?
____________
2008 C14, flies out, Area P-Carbon, BMC, PC3, Spencer Seat Mod, Alaska Leather, Helibars with Ram GPS mount, Nuvi 250W
"Life moves pretty quick. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."
|
Danny c
Novice Class
Posts: 36
|
posted October 14, 2009 04:51 PM
That was calculated. The display said 56.
Danny
____________
danny c
|
|
|