BigGun

Parking Attendant
Posts: 9
|
posted September 06, 2007 02:52 PM
Belly pan ?
Anybody besides me think the new Connie would look better if it had a belly pan and the pipes weren't exposed? Just one of the things I liked about my old one, the clean, un-cluttered look.
____________
Perhaps today is a good day to ride! - Mr. Worf
|
dw4402

Novice Class
Posts: 33
|
posted September 06, 2007 03:54 PM
I agree as I liked the look of my 12R with an enclosed belly pan. I wonder what that'd do for the heat?
____________
David K. Williams
|
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
Posts: 21896
|
posted September 06, 2007 06:28 PM
I'd hazard to say that it would worsen the heat situation. My 12R melted its bodywork around the headers and some members had issues melting the stocker fan when installing an aftermarket system from the extra heat... (see 12R section of the site)
____________
What business is it of yours where I'm from, Friendo?
|
BigGun

Parking Attendant
Posts: 9
|
posted September 07, 2007 07:47 PM
quote: I'd hazard to say that it would worsen the heat situation. My 12R melted its bodywork around the headers and some members had issues melting the stocker fan when installing an aftermarket system from the extra heat... (see 12R section of the site)
You're probably right. I have a friend who rides a 'busa and it has a full belly pan, with an extension piece that extends back under the rear shock / swingarm linkage. It looks cool, but we never talked about the heat issue. My '86 Connie could have done with a little more heat, IMO. But then, I like to ride almost year 'round. Oh well. At least the new one goes like stink and handles like it's on rails (or so I hear. Won't have one in my garage 'til next year, unfortunately).
____________
Perhaps today is a good day to ride! - Mr. Worf
|
stevewfl

Moderator
Posts: 27920
|
posted September 08, 2007 10:00 PM
All the fuel emissions and such on the new bike exhausts makes true belly pans hard to do without the price of heat
____________
2010 Concours14
'08 R1 YAMAHA
ZX14 gone!
CBR600RR track bike
|
BigGun

Parking Attendant
Posts: 9
|
posted September 08, 2007 10:22 PM
And looking at the pictures, it seems that to do it right would just limit ground clearance even further. Too bad, 'cuz it would look cleaner.
____________
Perhaps today is a good day to ride! - Mr. Worf
|
|
|