bigfatboss
Expert Class
Posts: 101
|
posted September 02, 2007 07:13 PM
Just installed a new exhaust..... What do you guys think?
Hi All,
Just installed a new Muzzys exhaust. Carbon Fiber... sounds awesome. Nice sound to it. What do you guys think.


|
Biggy
Parking Attendant
Posts: 8
|
posted September 02, 2007 07:36 PM
The carbon looks good so how about a sound file . How does the bike ride with the pipe and is it much louder than stock or just a better tone. Nice better than the SS
|
bigfatboss
Expert Class
Posts: 101
|
posted September 02, 2007 08:30 PM
I'll get a sound file up there tomorrow.... The bike still rides very smooth with this new muffler... very little is felt through the bike if at all. It is louder than stock but not much at all. One of the things I was looking for was a sound that was deeper and not obnoxious. This is it. real nice mellow sound on idle, crack the throttle open it give a nice sound without feeling like your running a chainsaw next to your head. Real nice.... I have not heard the SS. Who makes it?
|
tweaked_eye

Novice Class
Posts: 53
|
posted September 02, 2007 09:00 PM
VERY NICE LOOK. I look forward to hearing the sound byte.
|
Biggy
Parking Attendant
Posts: 8
|
posted September 02, 2007 09:30 PM
Hey sorry SS (stainless steel) Yeh looking forward to the sound byte. Also is the centre stand at the same height when up as on the standard pipe.
|
rifleman223

Novice Class
Posts: 94
|
posted September 03, 2007 06:20 AM
I can't wait fort his to be available!
|
stevewfl

Moderator
Posts: 27920
|
posted September 03, 2007 09:13 AM
nice!
____________
2010 Concours14
'08 R1 YAMAHA
ZX14 gone!
CBR600RR track bike
|
bigfatboss
Expert Class
Posts: 101
|
posted September 03, 2007 09:34 AM
Center stand is exactly the same height..... the new mid pipe is identical to the stock one as far as the center stand stops go. Working on the sound bite.... you guys are going to love this.
|
joetst2
Parking Attendant
Posts: 6
|
posted September 03, 2007 12:02 PM
Looks great! Now get us that sound file. LOL
|
Biggy
Parking Attendant
Posts: 8
|
posted September 03, 2007 01:33 PM
Hey Bigfatboss can you post a couple of pics with the bags off the bike.
Yhanks
|
daysoffIride
Novice Class
Posts: 77
|
posted September 03, 2007 02:10 PM
Edited By: daysoffIride on 3 Sep 2007 15:12
I know many will take offense to this but here I go..... And I am sorry....
Any modification to a motorcycle to make it louder is a bad modification..... I have finally seen the light, like one of those "found the lord folks"....
Please read all pertinent material from the AMA and others regarding this issue... Were being Fuc**d by cities,neighborhoods , and police nationwide.... Mostly due to the Harley crowd, granted.... but this aint helping....
http://home.ama-cycle.org/newsroom/amarelease.asp?rnum=A07009
On such a nice bike, one you would think you would enjoy quietly while cruising mountain roads, why would you replace your pipe for a louder one.....?
I know, performance.... Well, in this case that argument I personally think is a dumb one.... What, not enough power for ya? Come on now.... Lets be real.....
OK weight, or the ugly can...... Still I think those are poor reasons to spend hundreds on an after market companies twisted profiting on the slow destruction of our riding free nationwide.... Without being hassles by cops....
You say it is kinda quiet, well OK, but why? I don't get it..... looks alright though.... Stock can personally does not bug me though....
|
bigfatboss
Expert Class
Posts: 101
|
posted September 03, 2007 03:17 PM
I agree with you 100% Daysofflride, My main reason for changing the pie and muffler was simply and I stated it in my original message..... the look. Man that original can was big and ugly and this is such a nice bike esthetically except for that can. I don't understand why these bike manufacturers don't spend a little more development time on the things that most people look at. Why? because it creates an after market and thats $$$$. I did not want a loud pipe as I did enjoy the quiet, my other bike is a loud customized cruiser which I still enjoy but this C14 is a breath of fresh air for me as I love the quiet. The new muffler is not loud but is a step up for sound off the original.... its has a very pleasant purr. This all comes down to personal opinions but i definitely was not looking for more power.
Thanks all for the input... keep it coming. I'll post more pics and a sound bite when i get it.
|
bigfatboss
Expert Class
Posts: 101
|
posted September 03, 2007 03:46 PM
New pics without the bag..... sorry for the dirt. Just got in from a ride. I am processing the sound bite now...enjoy



|
sands
Expert Class
Posts: 151
|
posted September 03, 2007 04:27 PM
That looks very nice!!!
____________
www.nonationalid.com
|
bigfatboss
Expert Class
Posts: 101
|
posted September 03, 2007 04:31 PM
I can't get the sound clip to sound right... to much distortion. I think I need to step back a bit...
|
UTZX12R

Novice Class
Posts: 55
|
posted September 03, 2007 06:34 PM
quote: New pics without the bag..... sorry for the dirt. Just got in from a ride. I am processing the sound bite now...enjoy



Nice pics. The mountains look like the Wasatch range.
Do I see a Plaza Cycle license plate frame?
|
bigfatboss
Expert Class
Posts: 101
|
posted September 03, 2007 07:33 PM
Iunita's... Wasatch is the otherside. Yes thats a Plaza Cycle frame... You from the area?
|
UTZX12R

Novice Class
Posts: 55
|
posted September 04, 2007 01:58 AM
Yup. Live up near Ogden. Been looking at a C14 to replace my ZX12.
Like the exhaust.
|
bigfatboss
Expert Class
Posts: 101
|
posted September 04, 2007 07:03 AM
You'll love the C14..... Exhaust is nice. A nice step up from stock without being loud or obnoxious.
|
UTZX12R

Novice Class
Posts: 55
|
posted September 04, 2007 07:30 AM
Uintah's? Those are some real nice homes. What town?
|
bigfatboss
Expert Class
Posts: 101
|
posted September 04, 2007 07:44 AM
I am on the Wasatch side in a town called Lehi.
|
rep2ny
Parking Attendant
Posts: 21
|
posted September 04, 2007 01:33 PM
quote: I am on the Wasatch side in a town called Lehi.
Hi Bigfatboss - I am just down the street in Lindon. I haven't seen any other C-14's on Utah roads yet. I now have 1300 miles on mine. Nice pipe. A sound byte would be great but if you'd let me come and hear it in person email me at jim@ferrincapital.com.
____________
1983 VF 1100C
1997 535 Virago
2000 FXDWG
2002 GL 1800
2008 C-14
|
bigfatboss
Expert Class
Posts: 101
|
posted September 04, 2007 02:11 PM
Yah Jim your close...... your welcome to come and listen anytime or we can meet. I think we have the only 2 in the area.
|
UTZX12R

Novice Class
Posts: 55
|
posted September 04, 2007 06:11 PM
Maybe we can arrange a ride. You guys ever get up north? U39 over Monte Cristo is fine ride.
Might have to stop more often as my '12 isn't near as comfy as your C14s. Beetle bags, a Corbin seat, and Helibars don't quite make it as nice.
BTW, keep your heads down. I see Utah County has some pretty wild weather tonight.
See http://ripke.us/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=6142 for a larger image of my avitar taken on the east side of the pass.
|
bigfatboss
Expert Class
Posts: 101
|
posted September 05, 2007 07:36 AM
Ride sounds great... I am always looking for a reason to get out. Yah bad weather made it through last night. Bad in some areas but not mine just real windy.
|
|
|