Concourse 14 / GTR1400
  HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CONCOURS14.com > Thread: No front tire pressure indication NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
wormgear


Expert Class
Posts: 339
posted August 29, 2007 06:25 AM        Edited By: wormgear on 29 Aug 2007 07:29
No front tire pressure indication

I washed my C14 the other day and since then I get no front tire pressure indication. Just the three bars like when it hasn't spun up enough. Rear t.p. acts normally.
My local dealer said they could take a look at it but they'd need to keep it for a few days.
(Aurgh)
No, I didn't use high pressure , just a gentle shower setting on my garden hose.

Anybody know the location of the computer for the LCD display? I'd like to at least check the connections.
Or if anyone might have a guess as to what else to do, I'm listening.
____________
GodDamnit there's always such a big temptation to be good, to be good! (Tom Waits)

  Ignore this member   
TedG


Moderator
Posts: 8222
posted August 29, 2007 08:06 AM        
It could be that the battery is dead in the sensor. Or the sensor has to re-establish its id to the computer.
  Ignore this member   
wormgear


Expert Class
Posts: 339
posted August 29, 2007 08:08 AM        Edited By: wormgear on 29 Aug 2007 09:14
Thanks Ted

Ok I found out it goes thru the Kpass computer. Checked connections, fuses and disconnected / reconnected the battery. No help so unless anyone has any other thoughts I'll be looking for a dealer who won't take a few days to have a look at it.
____________
GodDamnit there's always such a big temptation to be good, to be good! (Tom Waits)

  Ignore this member   
TedG


Moderator
Posts: 8222
posted August 29, 2007 11:59 AM        
I know on my Corvette you have to use some sort of a magnet to get the ECU to recognize each wheel's pressure sensor. I am sure it is in the manual, you might ask the dealer to look at his to see what the reset procedure is. I have a manual ordered but no telling when it gets here. If I get it before you get it fixed, we can figure it out.
____________
Ted
2000 Green ZX12 sold
The fast color!!
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS

  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CONCOURS14.com > Thread: No front tire pressure indication NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed


Copyright 2000-2026 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.20935201644897 seconds processing time