Concourse 14 / GTR1400
  HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CONCOURS14.com > Thread: Top speed on the c14 NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
serius blk


Zone Head
Posts: 543
posted July 30, 2007 04:44 AM        
Top speed on the c14

Have anyone reached the top speed on it. My father has a 06 FJR which has been giving him problems. The bike has been a the shop for weeks now. It just shuts off. You go to accelerate and the bike drops dead. Anyway i was tell him about the c14.

  Ignore this member   
serius blk


Zone Head
Posts: 543
posted July 30, 2007 05:11 AM        
i think his fjr will do 160 if that. Anyone tried it.
  Ignore this member   
nswenson


Novice Class
Posts: 46
posted July 30, 2007 03:25 PM        
Should be around 170 without hard bags according to Bike Magazine. FJRs have a top speed of about 155.
____________
Nathan
San Francisco, CA
'08 Concours 14 ABS
'00 K1200LT

  Ignore this member   
MAN OF BLUES


Parking Attendant
Posts: 9
posted August 01, 2007 01:58 PM        
154 indicated, 149 gps, (I think, it was a blurr...my eyes were watering, and my upper lip flipped over the top of my head....never open your mouth at that speed...)in 5th, with lots left....shut er down gradually.....to a sane speed. No wobbles, bags on and Shad 42L trunk mounted.....
____________
COG# 5977
ex-Tech Editor, The Concourier
Concours Owners Group

  Ignore this member   
serius blk


Zone Head
Posts: 543
posted August 02, 2007 10:23 AM        
i wonder if the speedohealer would work on it also as it does with the 14. Some of you c14 owners do still like to go fast. I has close to the same amount of hp as a busa.
  Ignore this member   
wormgear


Expert Class
Posts: 339
posted August 27, 2007 09:11 AM        
I got 154 gps 160 indicated today. Bags off, in fifth gear about 9,500 or less rpm and still pulling. Was running out of straight road so I backed off. The bike was completely stable throughout and oh yeah.....what a rush.
I WILL find the limiter!

____________
GodDamnit there's always such a big temptation to be good, to be good! (Tom Waits)

  Ignore this member   
donnbauer


Novice Class
Posts: 56
posted August 27, 2007 10:42 AM        
I did a steady 165 to 170 in the Nevada desert for miles at a time with room left, I would guess at 180ish true top end. Holy Shit, this bike is rock steady, so steady I took my phone out the glove box and snapped a picture of the sunset @ 160-165, then snapped a couple of the Speedo for giggles. BY THE WAY, windshied all the way up, sitting mostly upright and I am 6'7". I will post my pics and write up on the Vegas to Seattle run via the California coast soon.
____________
Donn

  Ignore this member   
TedG


Moderator
Posts: 8222
posted August 27, 2007 10:56 AM        
I hit 168ish indicated, uphill, 5000 feet, with a headwind. Bags on, windshield down.
  Ignore this member   
stevewfl


Moderator
Posts: 27920
posted August 27, 2007 11:06 AM        
Gold-wingers can only dream of such speeds~
____________
2010 Concours14
'08 R1 YAMAHA
ZX14 gone!
CBR600RR track bike

  Ignore this member   
phytrax


Zone Head
Posts: 526
posted August 27, 2007 02:12 PM        
Seems like it would just feel really odd running from the cops on a C14. Just can't picture that on YouTube.
____________
Concourse14- Corbin Seat, Candy Apple Red Paint, Area P Slip-On
RIP+ZX-14- Brock's Gen3, Heli Risers, Corbin Bags, Corbin Seat and Oval Backrest (Burgandy Snakeskin and black alligator), Muzzys Frame Sliders, flies out, 18t front sprocket, PC3, Puig Double Bubble, Pirelli Diablo Strada's
KX450F - kickstand
>>> MySpace --CLICK-- <<<

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit Phytrax's homepage. 
dbeadling


Zone Head
Posts: 699
posted August 27, 2007 07:10 PM        
0 to happy.....money well spent
  Ignore this member   
stevewfl


Moderator
Posts: 27920
posted August 27, 2007 07:40 PM        
quote:
Seems like it would just feel really odd running from the cops on a C14. Just can't picture that on YouTube.


I'd like to see it!
____________
2010 Concours14
'08 R1 YAMAHA
ZX14 gone!
CBR600RR track bike

  Ignore this member   
gpz1100


Expert Class
Posts: 147
posted September 01, 2007 06:41 AM        
Coming from the GPZ1100 ('95), the gearing on this thing is totally different. 6th gear is completely unnecessary at normal legal speeds.

On the gpz, most cruising was done near 4K rpm. On this thing, it seems to just be a waste of fuel. For the same speed, ~3K rpm is just fine with more than enough normal passing power. I'm sure once break in is done and I experience 4K+, the perspective on this will change.

I suppose with all the power, taller gears are a must.

  Ignore this member   
3sacrowd


Parking Attendant
Posts: 9
posted September 01, 2007 04:41 PM        
The new Cycle World has a full road test, and has top speed listed at 160. I assume that this is a real top speed, and not a speedometer reading. They are also listing rear wheel hp at 136.9, with torque at 92.5 ft lbs.
____________
2002 GL1800w/DFT trike kit
2008 Suzuki B King
2008 Kawasaki Concours 1499
















  Ignore this member   
dw4402


Novice Class
Posts: 33
posted September 02, 2007 09:21 AM        
I ran Connie yesterday with my friend and his 01 Busa. I hit a speedometer indicated 160 around 8500rpm in fifth gear. I still had more to go but as I don't quite have 1000 miles yet I didn't want to hold her in that rpm range too long. I had the bags on and the stability was incredible! I dare say that Connie was more stable than my 05 12R was at those speeds. '
I will test again when I hit 1000 miles and will confirm the reading with an actual radar reading, to dispell the spedo error because as we all know the speedos are WAY off at those speeds.
____________
David K. Williams

  Ignore this member   
wormgear


Expert Class
Posts: 339
posted September 02, 2007 09:56 AM        
Speedo not too bad on mine at high speeds, 160 indicated = 154 gps
80 indicated = 76 gps
____________
GodDamnit there's always such a big temptation to be good, to be good! (Tom Waits)

  Ignore this member   
3sacrowd


Parking Attendant
Posts: 9
posted September 02, 2007 03:47 PM        
Cycle World measures top speed on all the bikes they test for it with a police KR radar gun.
____________
2002 GL1800w/DFT trike kit
2008 Suzuki B King
2008 Kawasaki Concours 1499
















  Ignore this member   
Big Daddy


Zone Head
Posts: 616
posted September 02, 2007 10:01 PM        
quote:
I did a steady 165 to 170 in the Nevada desert for miles at a time with room left, I would guess at 180ish true top end. Holy Shit, this bike is rock steady, so steady I took my phone out the glove box and snapped a picture of the sunset @ 160-165, then snapped a couple of the Speedo for giggles. BY THE WAY, windshied all the way up, sitting mostly upright and I am 6'7". I will post my pics and write up on the Vegas to Seattle run via the California coast soon.


MMMmmmmmm 170 is a stretch let alone 180.

BD

  Ignore this member   
TedG


Moderator
Posts: 8222
posted September 03, 2007 09:40 AM        
I think 170 is possible depening on conditions. I was still accelerating but I saw a car and slowed. I was on the road to Loyalton and it was up hill.
____________
Ted
2000 Green ZX12 sold
The fast color!!
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS

  Ignore this member   
tundra tom


Novice Class
Posts: 68
posted September 04, 2007 05:17 PM        Edited By: tundra tom on 4 Sep 2007 19:39
Haven't run maxxed out yet but taking the long way home I ripped past a couple youngun's on 600's doing 140ish in 5th gear. Try as they may they could not catch Das Boat.
____________
"When my time has come, I prefer to be in the Saddle rather than the Recliner"

  Ignore this member   
AllStingNoBling


Expert Class
Posts: 128
posted September 04, 2007 07:12 PM        
I went 88 mph, and went back in time to type this post.

I went 88 mph, and went back in time to type this post.

I went 88 mph, and went back in time to type this post.

I went 88 mph, and went back in time to type this post.

I went 88 mph, and went back in time to type this post.

I went 88 mph, and went back in time to type this post.

I went 88 mph, and went back in time to type this post.

I went 88 mph, and went back in time to type this post.

I went 88 mph, and went back in time to type this post.

.............

  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CONCOURS14.com > Thread: Top speed on the c14 NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed


Copyright 2000-2026 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.21709609031677 seconds processing time